'20 MS OL Xavier Hill (Bama commit)

You guys are very intuitive but let me clarify a few things: 1. I am the dad in the picture.... 2. I have no free swag whatever that means but I do have about 5 Nike short sleeve pullovers with a hood which is what you see in the Ole Miss picture....3. I have been a Vol fan since I could walk thus the Vol gear that I wore too the visit. Which by the way was not purchased at the Vol bookstore. You guys are AWESOME keep up the brilliant detective work.
Gave it a 'like', then took it back...so I could 'like' it again!

Clarification part 2 in order from left to right , Brother , Coach ,Xavier, Mom, Dad, Brother and coach's wife.... If you didn't know now you know.
I got the coach's wife wrong. She should take that as a compliment, lol, for thinking she was so young. Welcome to the board. Hope Xavier has a great year and balls out wherever he goes, hope its us. Do the brothers play?

I will never not find this image amusing - The world's first 6 star recruit

Du1BAkpUwAAN8W-.jpg:large

I'm honestly surprised he didn't stuff with a pair of knee high socks.

Hey Dad - enjoy the recruiting process and I hope you’re VFL status gives the good guys a leg up on the competition!

If you don’t mind sharing, what are the most important things your son is looking at when deciding between schools?

Reactions: GoVolsDR
That’s one big boy you got there I’m happy you guys are enjoying the process , but sad for you with what has to be an enormous grocery bill .lol

Hey Pop, what are your son’s strengths and weaknesses on the field. How do u judge him/ critique him when he plays? Is he as strong as he looks? How does he hold up as far as stamina late in the game?

Thanks for weighing in. Nice family you have.
Welcome to the board man.

Hey Pop, what are your son’s strengths and weaknesses on the field. How do u judge him/ critique him when he plays? Is he as strong as he looks? How does he hold up as far as stamina late in the game?

Thanks for weighing in. Nice family you have.
Welcome to the board man.
He has always been a basketball player up until a year ago so his has great feet and agility, lower body strength is insane, upper will be just needs a little catching up. Stamina has been no problem up to this point he seems to get stronger as games wear on.

RIVALS said:
Xavier Hill thought just a few weeks ago that his recruitment was nearing an end. The 6-foot-4, 324 pound offensive guard of Olive Branch (Miss.) announced on May 4 via Twitter "decision coming soon", but now, those plans have changed.

"I went to LSU about a week ago, and after that official visit there, I realized I was not ready to make a decision," said Hill. "I just needed more time to weigh my options.

"I have a list of schools I am still considering and I am just not ready. I thought it could be by the end of this month, but that is not going to happen anymore. I just need more time and I need to take more visits.
The LSU visit changed things for Hill. He had already visited Baton Rouge, so he knew he liked it, but this visit gave him more time with the Tiger coaches.

"It was my second time to LSU and I had a great visit there. I like coach [James] Craig (offensive line) a lot, and me and my family feel very comfortable around him, coach Ed Orgeron and with LSU.

"I think I have a great opportunity there too. I like the overall situation, the people there and LSU and a school I really like."

Next up will be a couple of schools on the other side of the SEC. Hill is set to take official visits to Missouri and Tennessee, and those are likely to take place in June.

"I have visited both schools before I see great opportunities at each school," said Hill. "At Missouri, I really like [Brad] Davis (offensive line) and coach Barry Odom. They are thinking if they get me, they can build the offensive line around me and that I can help the program. They think I can help them get to the next level.

"Tennessee is on the rise. I really feel they could be competing for a national championship soon. They are recruiting well, they have a young team, they have a good staff and I see some openings on their offensive line. I like what they are doing there and there is a good chance for me to do good things at Tennessee."

A school that has already had Hill on campus a couple of times is Alabama. The Crimson Tide will host one of the best in Mississippi back in Tuscaloosa again.

"I have already visited Alabama twice, so I have a good feel there," said Hill. "They have a different feel there. If you go there, you are going to feel like a champion. They know what it takes to win, and they put you in position to be successful. I like the coaches there, what coach Nick Saban has done there and how they can develop players."I do not know when the official visit to Alabama will be yet, but I know they will get one."

That leaves one official visit for Hill with Alabama, Missouri and Tennessee receiving one with LSU's already in the books. The fifth visit will go to an in-state program.
"I am not sure yet which school I will take my last official visit to, but it will be to Ole Miss or Mississippi State.
"Both are recruiting me about the same, both are coming at me hard and I am not sure who will get the fifth official visits yet. I have visited both so many times, so I know a lot about each school, I am comfortable with each coaching staff and I am still considering both."
For now, Hill is focused on scheduling his official visits and finishing up his junior year. He may not be ready to commit now, but he is likely to go into his senior season a committed prospect.

"I am still going to commit in the summer, but not as early as I thought."- Hill

I feel it will be one of those six schools. I am going to play in the SEC, but I just have to decide which is the best for me."
Hill knows what conference he will play in, and he has visited each of his finalists at least once already, so what will set one school apart in the end?
"I want to go where a school cares for me more than just as a football player. I want them to like what I bring to the table as a kid. I am really looking at those things. I want to go to a place where I am very happy. If you go where you are happy, then you will be happy to work, so that is important to me too."
One official visit has been taken, and LSU is the last school he visited, and if there is a favorite late in May, it is the Tigers.
"I really don't have an order, but if I had to say who is on top right now, it would be LSU," said Hill. "All really have an equal shot though. I just came off that visit to LSU, so maybe it is a visit high, but all six schools are up there for me."

Would be a good get to add with Morris and Mays IMO. Two really good guards and a solid center to go with Wanya and Darnell, yes please.

Dudes got size which is much needed on this OL at the moment. He’s probably a better prospect than the Henderson kid from Memphis

VN Store

Back