MS DT Fabien Lovett (FSU transferee)

This is so dumb if they were truly offended by this. Mississippi plus a noose doesn't automatically make something racist. I get they may be using this as an excuse, but the context of this meme is clearly not racially motivated.

Leach should not have apologized for this or erased it. I hate how sensitive the US has become.

It is really getting tiresome. Can we never get past everything being racist? Geeze. Leach is the least racist guy on the planet. His problem is he is too intelligent to coach football.

As a blk man 43 that is married and has college kids and two minor kids at home I for one totally understood the Leach tweet. Yes i understand the nature of the picture but my goodness this generation has been so pussified that its ridiculous. The man made a caption that deliberately explained what he meant and the uproar still happened. I enjoy Leach on twitter and we laugh on group text almost daily about something he has tweeted. Can't wait to see Twitter leading up to the Ole Miss v Miss St gm. This should be EPIC
Thanks for this!

Would be a huge get....will help immediately with the potential to be the starter at NT

What’re you basing that on? Doubt he’d see the field if we have a season this year. Granted when we lose everyone in 2021 he could probably help.

Not this season...if there is one. Emerson, Fitzgerald and Gooden have that manned.

Emerson and Gooden have both improved.....Emerson played really well at times this season, especially later....I know JP would love to have a 330lb NT to be dominant in the 3-4 scheme like Clemson and Bama usually have......not saying this kid is him.....key word "potential"......

Emerson and Gooden have both improved....I know JP would love to have a 330lb NT to be dominant in the 3-4 scheme like Clemson and Bama usually have......not saying this kid is him.....key word "potential"....
Don’t know if Gooden’s improved...missed season and all. See him more flanking the nose and providing depth there. Emerson was good and only getting better at the ole fireplug.

Don’t know if Gooden’s improved...missed season and all. See him more flanking the nose and providing depth there. Emerson was good and only getting better at the ole fireplug.

Regarding Gooden, I really meant he improved in the 2018 season, but like Emerson wasn't consistently great....Again, not saying this kid is, but he's built like Dexter Lawrence.......Remember Emerson was only a RS freshman last season and I'm with you, I think hes gonna be the man......I'll say this, I wouldn't "pass" on a kid like this....

Last edited:
Regarding Gooden, I really meant he improved in the 2018 season, but like Emerson wasn't consistently great....Again, not saying this kid is, but he's built like Dexter Lawrence.......Remember Emerson was only a RS freshman last season and I'm with you, I think hes gonna be the man......I'll say this, I wouldn't "pass" on a kid like this....
You don’t “pass” on talent...and I didn’t propose doing so. My point on Gooden is that I don’t know how he “improved” on his first season without participating in his second. If we land Lovett, I don’t see him manning the nose...there’s two other DL spots that could use big bodies.

You don’t “pass” on talent...and I didn’t propose doing so. My point on Gooden is that I don’t know how he “improved” on his first season without participating in his second. If we land Lovett, I don’t see him manning the nose...there’s two other DL spots that could use big bodies.

Gooden improved from the beginning of the 2018 season to the end of it, just like Emerson last season......I would assume, and hope, he would have improved his body and potential since he missed last season as well.....I didn't mean for that to be confusing....my bad for not being clear....In the base 3-4 scheme, which Coach Pruitt has been wanting, but unable to fully implement for personell deficiencies ( like the one we're discussing), we need a dominant NT.......Lovett would fit the stereotypical type for a 3-4 NT......I'm not saying he's a must get bc I love Emerson, Gooden, and Simmons.........just saying he would provide some interesting competition at NT for us....

You one of my favorite posters on this site btw......I have opinions, but I also respect yours.....

Bama backed off, his final two came down to Memphis or Mississippi St and it was close enough that it was actually reported that he had committed to Memphis at one point. They are thin on the interior D-line so I believe they will go all out to get him.
Wait....so you're saying Memphis DOES HAVE A DEFENSE? :eek:

Back to, Lovett, He is from the Memphis area and Bama recruited him hard coming out of HS.. I wouldnt be surprised if Memphis or Bama became his landing spot.
Wait....so you're saying Memphis DOES HAVE A DEFENSE? :eek:

Not a very good one, they have some defensive talent but the schemes they have run in the past did not fit the type of players they have, same will be true this year which is why they desperately need interior defensive lineman.

Reactions: tennrich1
Gooden improved from the beginning of the 2018 season to the end of it, just like Emerson last season......I would assume, and hope, he would have improved his body and potential since he missed last season as well.....I didn't mean for that to be confusing....my bad for not being clear....In the base 3-4 scheme, which Coach Pruitt has been wanting, but unable to fully implement for personell deficiencies ( like the one we're discussing), we need a dominant NT.......Lovett would fit the stereotypical type for a 3-4 NT......I'm not saying he's a must get bc I love Emerson, Gooden, and Simmons.........just saying he would provide some interesting competition at NT for us....

You one of my favorite posters on this site btw......I have opinions, but I also respect yours.....
Gooden was the best option for NT in 18 and I’m on record for stating that. Emerson wasn’t ready and was coming back from a devastating injury...as Gooden is this season. The respect is mutual btw. You present your opinions in a conversational fashion which lends to an honest back and forth. You always take big bodies if there’s room to add and this one seems to be proven SEC quality. I simply don’t believe he’s better than Emerson at nose. And by that I mean I think Emerson’s better and will be even better with a year under his belt. A name both of us are missing is Kurrott Garland, who plugged away pretty well backing Emerson last season.

From what I'm told this kid is a plug in day 1 guy and has a high motor. With the upside i was given he'd be the starter immediately if he cm here.
Cool. So he starts over Solomon?

Gooden was the best option for NT in 18 and I’m on record for stating that. Emerson wasn’t ready and was coming back from a devastating injury...as Gooden is this season. The respect is mutual btw. You present your opinions in a conversational fashion which lends to an honest back and forth. You always take big bodies if there’s room to add and this one seems to be proven SEC quality. I simply don’t believe he’s better than Emerson at nose. And by that I mean I think Emerson’s better and will be even better with a year under his belt. A name both of us are missing is Kurrott Garland, who plugged away pretty well backing Emerson last season.

I dont know if he'd be better as Emerson at DT in a 4-3 scheme....I do know Simmons is the only current player on the roster that resembles a 3-4 NT and Pruitt has said measurables aren't the only factor, but they are a factor when looking for players that fit what he wants to do......its also apparent he hasnt been able to implement his ideal base bc it requires having the ideal personnel including an athletic 330 lb space eater........look at the measurables of the NT's in the 3-4 that he's won championships with....look at GA, AL, and CL's NT's.........I think Garland is a really good serviceable 4-3 backup DT...

I say all this having argued with folks for two days now how great Daniel Bituli is without having great measurables.........I think he's the best ILB we've had in many years.....

Last edited:
Cool. So he starts over Solomon?

Solomon is a 4-3 DT, but a 3-4 DE.......there is a schematic difference....they'll play different positions....Matthew Butler is not a DT either....... when Pruitt took over, this was one of the challenges.....to recruit and build a defense that fits his philosophy.....You can see this with recruiting, Tyler Baron will be a 3-4 DE as he'll end up being 270-280 ish.....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back