'19 MS DT DaJon Terry

NCAA 25 rule is terrible for schools with coaching changes and thus lots of transfers.

Does the 17 reflect the 2-3 we released from their NLI? Also, I thought the receiver we took was a PWO.

I would sure like to get a CB and maybe one more LB.
I still wanna know how Bama signs over 25 this year, and now add Henrietta T who takes this years class to 28 I believe.

25 rule, we signed 17 in the 21 class theoretically leaving 8 spots for transfers. Terry’s commitment gives us 7. That’s a rule the NCCA will have to look into or else teams like Tennessee and Auburn will be way under the 85 scholarship limit.
We MIGHT be able to appeal to get Isaac Washington's initial counter spot back. Not sure how that works.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
NCAA 25 rule is terrible for schools with coaching changes and thus lots of transfers.

Does the 17 reflect the 2-3 we released from their NLI? Also, I thought the receiver we took was a PWO.

I would sure like to get a CB and maybe one more LB.
Payton is scholarship.

D

Damn I forgot about him, since he enrolled he counts against the 85 and not the 21 class.
I believe he counts against the 25 since he enrolled. But he's transferring out without even finishing the semester. I'm not sure how much football activity he's even participated in? Add to that his discipline problem. I THINK we can appeal to get that spot back. If we do, we'll have 2 spots left to reach 25. As is, we have 1.

Reactions: LittleVol
Fit
Terry is not just a big body in the middle of the defense. This is a kid with an immense amount of untapped potential who has really only played two full seasons of football in his life. He will plug into the middle of Tennessee's defense, and I feel confident that he will make a push to start, as Rodney Garner will look to revamp that front group, which struggled mightily at times in the spring. Measuring in at 6'4", 320lbs, Terry is already a space-eater, but when disengaged from a blocker, he moves like he is 265lbs. He pursues well in all phases of the game, and he has developed a nice move set for this stage of his career, which should only continue to improve under Rodney Garner. This is a guy that will give centers all that they want in one-on-one situations.

Impact Rating: 8.5 of 10
I know it seems I have been high on all of these transfer ratings of late, but they have all addressed a key need, and the Tennessee staff is truly excited to get these players in the mix. Terry is no different. Adding Juwan Mitchell was huge for the Vols, but putting Terry in front of him makes that even more significant. Terry is not a guy that many centers and guards are going to be able to handle one-on-one all game long. He will beat them at some point, and if an offensive line even has to chip him in support before moving to the second level, it frees Mitchell up, even more, to make plays with his quickness to the point attack. The second reason Terry's addition is critical for the Vols is that this is bringing in a guy who has handled his business academically and understands the demands of college on and off the field. Finally, he has four years remaining to play. He was a redshirt freshman last fall during the free-to-play COVID season, so he will have four years in Knoxville. It addresses major needs on a lot of fronts for Tennessee.

Impact Report: Vols Add Massive DT with High Upside in Da'Jon Terry

Last edited:
D

Damn I forgot about him, since he enrolled he counts against the 85 and not the 21 class.
Unless we get a waiver, he counts against the class...same as everybody released. French counts against the 85.

Fit
Terry is not just a big body in the middle of the defense. This is a kid with an immense amount of untapped potential who has really only played two full seasons of football in his life. He will plug into the middle of Tennessee's defense, and I feel confident that he will make a push to start, as Rodney Garner will look to revamp that front group, which struggled mightily at times in the spring. Measuring in at 6'4", 320lbs, Terry is already a space-eater, but when disengaged from a blocker, he moves like he is 265lbs. He pursues well in all phases of the game, and he has developed a nice move set for this stage of his career, which should only continue to improve under Rodney Garner. This is a guy that will give centers all that they want in one-on-one situations.

Impact Rating: 8.5 of 10
I know it seems I have been high on all of these transfer ratings of late, but they have all addressed a key need, and the Tennessee staff is truly excited to get these players in the mix. Terry is no different. Adding Juwan Mitchell was huge for the Vols, but putting Terry in front of him makes that even more significant. Terry is not a guy that many centers and guards are going to be able to handle one-on-one all game long. He will beat them at some point, and if an offensive line even has to chip him in support before moving to the second level, it frees Mitchell up, even more, to make plays with his quickness to the point attack. The second reason Terry's addition is critical for the Vols is that this is bringing in a guy who has handled his business academically and understands the demands of college on and off the field. Finally, he has four years remaining to play. He was a redshirt freshman last fall during the free-to-play COVID season, so he will have four years in Knoxville. It addresses major needs on a lot of fronts for Tennessee.

Impact Report: Vols Add Massive DT with High Upside in Da'Jon Terry

@Catbone

What do you think?

Reactions: captainfalcon777
@Catbone

What do you think?
Catbone be like...

giphy.gif

Front 6-7 definitely more important than the back 4-5

Facts and what Garner is doing will influence the rest of recruiting. Like I said before both he and CKB know what it takes and will be the ace recruiters on both side of the ball. They know how to close and know what kind of players needed to succeed in this conference.

25 rule, we signed 17 in the 21 class theoretically leaving 8 spots for transfers. Terry’s commitment gives us 7. That’s a rule the NCCA will have to look into or else teams like Tennessee and Auburn will be way under the 85 scholarship limit.
Wasn’t one of our transfers a Grad transfer that doesn’t count against that 25 limit?

VN Store

Back