'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Hi

Three words. Tim Te Bow
Tebow could throw a football through a brick wall. He could do it with brute force. This kid can't.

Witness what happened when Tebow got to the NFL though. What he couldn't do as a passer prevented him from being a QB. Someone gave him some bad advice... he could have changed positions and been good.

Do I think Jimmy will start in the fall ... No!!!!
However, Kerwin Bell ...walked on at (ugh) Florida (83). He was 8th in the pecking order. In spring practice(84 as a redshirt fr), he was up to 5th ...and ended up the starting QB ... when the only guy left still in front of him ...was injured a few days before the first game.
Those in front of him? Some left. Some got injured. Some he passed.
I say, "Welcome to the Hill! Work hard at your craft. We cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. GBO."

Tebow could throw a football through a brick wall. He could do it with brute force. This kid can't.

Witness what happened when Tebow got to the NFL though. What he couldn't do as a passer prevented him from being a QB. Someone gave him some bad advice... he could have changed positions and been good.

I agree on Tebow in the NFL but we are talking about playing in college. First, let me say that I do think that Holiday gets used mostly as a receiver. Run him on some jet sweeps, maybe some pitch plays and other creative stuff.

My point is that Tebow had terrible QB mechanics but a unique skill set that allowed him to be a successful college QB. Holiday has a weaker arm but better touch and is much faster. In many ways they are similar but opposite.

I think that Holiday has a skill set that would allow him to be successful as a QB. I think that we envision using him all over the field including at QB and not just running the wildcat.

I could be wrong but I see this guy eventually getting 10-15 plays a game to keep defenses off balance and give them something extra to scheme against.

Reactions: LittleVol
Legit question looking for an objective, insightful response. I know stars aren’t end all be all, but why the VN love here? His offer list is underwhelming. If a gem, do other schools not see it? Either way, looks like a solid player for some depth.

Legit question looking for an objective, insightful response. I know stars aren’t end all be all, but why the VN love here? His offer list is underwhelming. If a gem, do other schools not see it? Either way, looks like a solid player for some depth.
He runs a verified, laster timed 4.38. He is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. Watch his film. I think the lack of other offers is that he wants a chance at QB. We're going to give him a chance there, and also have packages for him at QB even though we'll play him at WR.

Attachments

• 2262B4A2-05CF-4AA1-BF97-7AA8087FD5D7.jpeg
    2262B4A2-05CF-4AA1-BF97-7AA8087FD5D7.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 118

Watch highlights. See speed. See playmaking ability. Question answered.

This kid is grossly underrated. There are not 1,000 better athletes in the country. Should at the very least be a high 3 star, borderline 4 star.

Solid points. Speed cannot be taught and that’s insanely fast. Good point on who has offered too.
Also, 247 hasn't evaluated him since the spring. They just gave him an initial ranking. They'll watch his senior film and then update his ranking at some point.

Reactions: JAEvans24
What is up with the civility in this thread? Man asks a question and doesn't get snarky answers. Where am I? This is not VN.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Adding some serious speed in this class. Will be nice to have some dudes who can take a slant or bubble screen to the house.

Reactions: tbones0711
Oh great another one of those questions. Can you not read bro?

tumblr_miljl0SukC1ryatpyo1_500.gif

Will be interesting.

I remember Arian Smith was bumped like 500 spots to being a top 30 player and nearly a five star. Like Holiday, he plays QB in high school and not receiver. Their justification for bumping him was that he looked good in 7v7 at a camp, but really, it was his speed. He ran a very fast 100 meter. That just so happened to follow his leaning to GA...

Here's Holiday, a guy who is probably faster, with a laser timed 4.38 40, and I bet you he stays a 3 star but at best tops at barely a 4. Then there's Hyatt, a laser timed 4.31, breaking records at receiver while winning state titles, and he's ranked 295th in the country. But yeah... those guys are unbiased.

Add to that Jimmy Calloway who ran a 4.45 at a camp this summer. Beat all the other players there. If we pull all 3 we will have speed to burn at the WR position. May be the fastest overall group we have signed in one class ever.

VN Store

Back