'19 MS ATH Brandon Turnage (UT Commit)

Ryan C. was talking this guy up on the 247 podcast. After listening, I’m optimistic Tennessee got a steal, all things considered.

If this guy pans out, I hope it starts a trend of elite players leaving the top tier teams for more playing time via the portal.

…Would expedite that trend if this guy also balls out and makes good $$s on NIL endorsements - less competition for those $$s at Tennessee versus Bama right now I’d guess

Time will tell

Not sure how I feel about this (not that it matters).

Unproven. Demanding a starting spot. And will likely declare after this season so essentially a one year rental.

But I’ll defer to Martinez and this coaching staff.

He's barely played, so I highly doubt he's 1 and done unless he just has an amazing year this year (in which case it would still be an amazing pick up and only serves to help future recruiting at CB).

He's barely played, so I highly doubt he's 1 and done unless he just has an amazing year this year (in which case it would still be an amazing pick up and only serves to help future recruiting at CB).

Agreed it’s a win/win either way. We needed another body that has eligibility beyond this year with AT and George being in their last year. Ideally one of Burrel, Hadon, Turnage starts opposite of AT. Even better would be two start and allows you to have AT at S next to Flowers.

If for some reason turnage would end up one and done it would mean he had a big year and it would help attract a replacement.

I think LB might have improved with Mitchell and Apache. Mitchell might be slight downgrade from Henry (we’ll see) but I think Apache and heck maybe others on roster might be better than Crouch (at least in coverage). CB is push at worst and may be better, especially with Martinez coaching. DL has to be better. Only place to go is up and the incoming transfers are better than outgoing (hence, why they left after Spring). OL might take a dip and RB might but might not. We will improve and QB will be 100% better.
Who’s Apache?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I think LB might have improved with Mitchell and Apache. Mitchell might be slight downgrade from Henry (we’ll see) but I think Apache and heck maybe others on roster might be better than Crouch (at least in coverage). CB is push at worst and may be better, especially with Martinez coaching. DL has to be better. Only place to go is up and the incoming transfers are better than outgoing (hence, why they left after Spring). OL might take a dip and RB might but might not. We will improve and QB will be 100% better.
There is no way that Mitchell is a downgrade from last years version of HT. D line and linebacker play will be significantly better just from the coaching upgrades alone. It should be noticeable by game 4 against Florida. My biggest concerns this year are injuries and depth on defense and the O line. We will have to play a lot of young, inexperienced players this year. The plus side to this is that the '22 Vols could be scary if we don't have a ton of kids enter the portal.

There is no way that Mitchell is a downgrade from last years version of HT. D line and linebacker play will be significantly better just from the coaching upgrades alone. It should be noticeable by game 4 against Florida. My biggest concerns this year are injuries and depth on defense and the O line. We will have to play a lot of young, inexperienced players this year. The plus side to this is that the '22 Vols could be scary if we don't have a ton of kids enter the portal.
Lol… “scary”. Slowwwww down.

Reactions: miket4god and jp1

VN Store

Back