Moving to Tennessee

99gator

Congressman
I’m seriously thinking about moving to Tennessee. I always thought it was pretty when I have visited. But, beyond everything else, the politics of the day make it feel like a safe landing spot.

i have an occupation where I can get a job anywhere.

is it better to be in East, Middle or West Tennessee?

positives and negatives?

thanks

Depends. Best for what? Also what do you mean by “politics of the day?”

I’m seriously thinking about moving to Tennessee. I always thought it was pretty when I have visited. But, beyond everything else, the politics of the day make it feel like a safe landing spot.

positives and negatives?

thanks
Middle and east Tennessee is the best landing spot to me. I live in the tri cities (NE Tennessee) and its great if you like outdoor activities. Nashville is a cool city if you're more into the big city

positives and negatives?

thanks
East Tn is more conservative than the other 2 regions. Keep that in mind if you’re moving away from political situations.

I may have overstated things with the political. My wife homeschools and there is politics in that. Politics in everything these days.

Tennessee just seems like they are not going to pull a Thelma and Louise and jump off a cliff like other parts of the country.

never thought red/blue would influence where I would end up living

I'd say east TN, but I'm a bit partial to it. I don't think the homeschooling question would be a problem. Are y'all looking for more rural, urban, or in between? Blount County is nice...convenient to Knoxville, and if you head the other direction you're in the Smokies.

positives and negatives?

thanks
No thanks, we're full

positives and negatives?

thanks
Forget Tennessee. Move to Detroit. Buy an entire city block. Build a house and your dream landscape. Rear your children in their own park.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I may have overstated things with the political. My wife homeschools and there is politics in that. Politics in everything these days.

Tennessee just seems like they are not going to pull a Thelma and Louise and jump off a cliff like other parts of the country.

never thought red/blue would influence where I would end up living
Get near a lake and go fishing.

Reactions: Vjcvette

positives and negatives?

thanks
Sorry folks, the state is closed!

I've lived in Mid Tenn my whole life. The only time I ever want to be somewhere else is this time of year. I would prefer lower temps and humidity for about 10 weeks. Otherwise, I like the area.

I think East Tenn is the most beautiful. West Tenn is better for hunting (bc of proximity to duck hunting).

Home school associations in Mid Tenn are active. Most all are heavily Christian.

Reactions: DocVOLiday and CPA
Memphis is "delta land" flat and uninteresting. As you move east on I-40, Nashville/Middle Tenn start to roll and by the time you get to K'Vill, real mountains can be seen.

Having been through the "where to go" scenario a dozen times, I can tell you two things.

1) Pick a geophysical area you like (e.g Mountains/ETn)
2) Go there knowing that this may be the first stop on a fun journey.

Until recently Nashville was the IT city for a reason. I grew up in a small east Tn town and the scenery is beautiful year round. For the past 4 decades have lived in parts of Davidson county where home values are not as high. Now we are in the country and retired. Davidson county has been Democratic for decades but the media has little to do but cover the virus and politics. My experiences have been very positive. There is humidity and allergies here since Nashville is in a bowl.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back