Movies you've seen recently II

Just saw Dunkirk in IMAX 70mm. Seeing it in IMAX 70mm is extremely advised and is most true to what Nolan is depicting. The immersion and scale of this movie is unlike any other. Many can debate whether the story or character development was great or not, but Nolan was simply trying to display the events of a battle in the most realistic and immersive way possible. Watching this in a standard theater takes away what makes this movie truly special.

If you go in excited for the storyline, you will be dissapointed. It's not for everyone. If you don't care to be impressed by the cinematography, then you probably won't care for the movie and feel underwhelmed. But for what the movie was trying to be, it executed surely. A Hans Zimmer score with a 70mm film in IMAX is must see IMO.

Just watched Ghost in a Shell. Meh, nothing special. Pretty overdone storyline dressed up in sci-if that wasn't that good.

Just saw Dunkirk in IMAX 70mm. Seeing it in IMAX 70mm is extremely advised and is most true to what Nolan is depicting. The immersion and scale of this movie is unlike any other. Many can debate whether the story or character development was great or not, but Nolan was simply trying to display the events of a battle in the most realistic and immersive way possible. Watching this in a standard theater takes away what makes this movie truly special.

If you go in excited for the storyline, you will be dissapointed. It's not for everyone. If you don't care to be impressed by the cinematography, then you probably won't care for the movie and feel underwhelmed. But for what the movie was trying to be, it executed surely. A Hans Zimmer score with a 70mm film in IMAX is must see IMO.
The preview looks very interesting to me. I'm gonna watch it soon.

Hacksaw Ridge 8/10

Docked it for the CGI blood..

Otherwise...excellent portrayal of battle and its horrors.

Kong- 7/10, pretty good and kept me interested

Gone Baby Gone- 8/10, really good movie

Reactions: Behr
Dunkirk-9/10

This was a beautifully crafted movie. The scenery, the cinematography, the storytelling, the acting,... Nolan can do no wrong. Maybe it was the theater, but it was one of the few movies that I can say truly made me feel like I was actually there.

Just watched Ghost in a Shell. Meh, nothing special. Pretty overdone storyline dressed up in sci-if that wasn't that good.

Do you think it took itself too seriously? I really liked it, but I can see how some wouldn't. The world it portrayed us becoming is a world I sure don't want to live in.

Silence - 6/10 - good story, but WAY too long. Scorsese should have cut a good 45 minutes of the film. Too drawn out and at times just plain boring.

Do you think it took itself too seriously? I really liked it, but I can see how some wouldn't. The world it portrayed us becoming is a world I sure don't want to live in.

No, I just found the story very predictable and overplayed. Some nice visuals but that's about it.

Dunkirk-9/10
Kong Skull Island-7/10
Magnificent 7-8.5/10
The Accountant-8.5/10
Alien Covenant-6/10
Split-6/10

Man, watching Mr. Right for like the 3rd time and this may be the best off best offbeat comedy in years. Kendrick and Rockwell nailed it.

No, I just found the story very predictable and overplayed. Some nice visuals but that's about it.

All stories are predictable. I don't give a crap about that anymore. I just like to see a movie done well. I'll even rate movies like Logan that I hate the story in well, if they are done well.

Reactions: 1 person
All stories are predictable. I don't give a crap about that anymore. I just like to see a movie done well. I'll even rate movies like Logan that I hate the story in well, if they are done well.

I didn't find movies like 6th sense, momento, big lebowsk, Jeff who lives at home (just to name a few) predictable and overplayed. I'm saying that the movie was just more Hollywood run of the mill average action crap

I didn't find movies like 6th sense, momento, big lebowsk, Jeff who lives at home (just to name a few) predictable and overplayed. I'm saying that the movie was just more Hollywood run of the mill average action crap

I normally agree with your reviews, but I disagree on this one. I really enjoyed it, and you're right, it wasn't Shakespeare, but it seemed to make some good points, and have some decent ideas to me. I know we've seen them before, but like I said in my review, the world this showed us becoming was a really unnerving place to me. Sort of like the not so distant future world a Philip Dick story would be set in...I gave it some points for it's cool stylishness, SJs good acting,and creeping me out a little more than a movie like this usually would.

VN Store

Back