Mostella Cleared by Clearinghouse

Finally been waiting on that news!! Still sucks we won't have McKnight but getting Mostella cleared is awesome

Huge news. Mostella is the type of player that can decide a close game for us. Now if he can just keep his grades up then that'll be even better.

I don't recall what I said, but I think I said 17.5 O/U with both Mostella & McKnight. With Mostella and no McKnight I would probably drop it to 16.5.

Jmo blast away IMO TIFWIW

I don't think McKnight would have made that much a difference. 16.5 wins sounds about right

Reactions: 1 person
Go cheer for Cal you dang Martinite, not VFL. Why do you hate Mostella? Put on your bear costume and wrestle a turtle. Don't forget to shine Martins shoes. Racist IMO

I think I got it covered. :)

I don't think McKnight would have made that much a difference. 16.5 wins sounds about right

McKnight wasn't a stud, but given our post situation he was almost certainly our starting big and was gonna play 25-30 minutes a night. He also would be our only big with any sort of NCAAT experience which would've served others well to learn from.

I think McKnight was definitely the difference in at least 1 game, but jmo.

Last edited:
Not let's hope he's hitting the weights and learning the press defense. I'm expecting him to come off the bench for the first part if the season but may have a starting spot by SEC play if he works for it.

Right now I would have

Chiles
Hubbs
Richardson
Moore
Reese

Maybe

Chiles
Punter
Hubbs
Richardson
Moore

And go small ball and press and out run teams. But regardless we may not be deep at the 1 or 4/5 but this is the deepest I can remember that we have been at the wing position!

Not something you see everyday...

@PrenticeElliott: #Vols spokesman confirming that Detrick Mostella has been cleared to play this season as a freshman. (First reported by @JimmyHyams)"

Jimmy has been first with most of the breaking news during the CDT era. He got a good inside source.

VN Store

Back