Most unselfish play I’ve ever seen

wmcovol

Was today.

Late in the game, Admiral drove to the elbow, could have pulled up for a contested jumper but chose instead to pass out to an open Lamonte Turner behind the 3 pt line. No denying Lamonte has struggled from the 3 line recently. None of us would have blamed AS for taking the contested shot, but he knew the play they’ve been coached to do was pass to the open shooter.

Talk about having faith in the system and your teammate! Good gracious, what a teammate. That is the kind of guy everyone wants to play with. Salute to you, Admiral.

Was today.

Late in the game, Admiral drove to the elbow, could have pulled up for a contested jumper but chose instead to pass out to an open Lamonte Turner behind the 3 pt line. No denying Lamonte has struggled from the 3 line recently. None of us would have blamed AS for taking the contested shot, but he knew the play they’ve been coached to do was pass to the open shooter.

Talk about having faith in the system and your teammate! Good gracious, what a teammate. That is the kind of guy everyone wants to play with. Salute to you, Admiral.
Always great when you are given the chance of redemption then all the misses are forgotten. Good for Lamonte

We were down by 8 with three minutes left. I thought it was over. My son said look. Grant yelled over at The Admiral, pointed at him, tap his chest and , reading lips, “we got this!”. He was right.

Speaking of 3 minutes, Ok, I never pray for my favorite teams to win. I normally pray for teams I follow or coach to do well and not get hurt. Mainly, I pray for athletes safety. I feel there are much more important things in life than what team wins ball games and still feel that way. But, I have to admit that I did the last 2:58 minutes of the UK vs UT game. I was literally praying while listening and only glancing at the tv a little. I need to watch the last 3 minutes I missed!!! I am not sure if it was an answered prayer or not. It did seem like a miracle at the end. Maybe it was an answered prayer. Regardless, my point here is that we should all pray for others, our families, and important things in life. We may not get our prayers answered. But, I do believe in James 4:2, "You have not because you don't ask God." GO VOLS!!!
1f60a.png

We were down by 8 with three minutes left. I thought it was over. My son said look. Grant yelled over at The Admiral, pointed at him, tap his chest and , reading lips, “we got this!”. He was right.
This group of players has a bunch of Al Wilson attitudes that " we won't be denied". I've never seen a team with so many players that can take over a game when it's on the line. This is why I can see us getting to the Final 4 because these guys never give up.

Reactions: bmboomer
That's why Barnes let's Turner keep shooting. He knows what he can do and understands they need his game

Y’all go to be at that game today cheering on our VOLS ? You boys represented the big orange 🍊 well yesterday . They showed y’all a couple times on tv. GBO

And Grant had four fouls...

Best part of the play was not jacking the 3 by the admiral when Grants kick out came to him he was kind of stationary and could have forced it - but driving and making the one extra pass.

When this team finds the sweet spot of one extra pass and then nailing it in rythym they are deadly! When they are playing in rythym they are killer shooters!

Reactions: bmboomer
Y’all go to be at that game today cheering on our VOLS ? You boys represented the big orange 🍊 well yesterday . They showed y’all a couple times on tv. GBO
Yes, we were there. It just appeared to me that the Vols were emotionally drained. But i’ll Tell you this. Of all my years following UT basketball, that has to be my favorite game. It was electric in there, and even though they had the tickets, the Vols there held their own with BBN.

VN Store

Back