Most under appreciated Vol......Go

Dale Jones. His one hand interception against Alabama will always be one of the best plays in UT sports history.

Reactions: 2 people
I will get blasted and get the Clausen road warrior speech but I still hold a grudge for the way the win streak over Bama ended and the two bowl games in Atlanta. Those were horrid performances. The home loss to Miami was bad as well and he gets way too much credit for the win at Miami. I don't think he threw the ball 20 times that game and had under 100 yards passing. He was a good QB and I think he is very appreciated.

He also laid an egg against UGA his senior year (who we went 0-4 against during his years/ though he didn't start two of them). He may have been a road warrior, but of course, lost a few at home. Give me a QB who goes undefeated at Neyland any day. Never progressed from his sophomore year.

Reactions: 1 person
I realize it's already been mentioned about 100 times but the answer is Casey Clausen and it really isn't even close.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't know Jimmy played at UT. But honestly that is college guys being kids. If that is the worst things they did I would be more than fine with that. Wasn't like Peyton was a saint his yes at TN either. Long as they stay out of jail, can pass drug tests, don't beat on women then I consider it a small victory. Plus what he did on the field for us I would take right now in a heartbeat. Beating Ala, UF, GA wins tons of points with me not to mention he was a tough SOB and never got rattled. Give me a QB like that who knew how to win and left everything on the field every game. Something we have missed at the QB position for a long time. Worley has been the closest thing we had but was limited in his ability.
Maybe jimmy was visiting?

George Cafego. Assistant coaches today can make seven figures. He was given a used van when he retired after about 50 years as a VFL.

Derek Dooley. He took us to lows no one thought were possible, and I think (hope) that made our university realize just how important a healthy football program really is.

VN Store

Back