Most Satisfying Win 2019

Before the season started I said I thought the 2 most important games would be the Miss State and USCjr games. I will stand by that and say those were the most satisfying because it was significant that we were winning 50/50 home games again. I thought it was important to build off of that and then we kind of got rolling down the stretch.

Sounds kind of crazy after the first 5 games, but this was the most proud I’ve been of our team in a long time .

It was Indiana for me, because of the thrill of the comeback and I was there with my son for his first bowl game!!

Personally, it has to be Mizzou. It made it SO much easier to go church the next morning!

After that, probably Mississippi State because it gave me hope that the ship was actually turning.

Blowing out South Carolina and beating Muschamp in humiliating fashion was extremely satisfying.

Either South Carolina or Kentucky.

Kentucky might seem odd to some here, but that was a classic example of a game Tennessee would have lost in 2018. Offense was bad but did just enough to win, and I loved the defensive stops late. That, plus those losses have to be incredibly frustrating to Kentucky fans. They've had really good teams by their standards the last 2 years, especially in 2018, but still have lost to us both years. We're still 10-2 against Kentucky since 2008 - they really "should" be much better than that, especially given that other teams like Vandy and Mizzou have beaten us more often than that since then.

VN Store

Back