Most Recent Look at Neyland Stadium Upgrades

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
Probably shouldn't even mention anything. Being female, you know I'm going to. Hahahaha, I don't like the jumbo screens not being the same. Wishing they were both above the stadium, or both inside. There, I said it...I'll move along.
But them VOLS letters look pretty sweet !!!

0nelilreb

Don’t ask if you don’t want the truth .
Probably shouldn't even mention anything. Being female, you know I'm going to. Hahahaha, I don't like the jumbo screens not being the same. Wishing they were both above the stadium, or both inside. There, I said it...I'll move along.
Ha nothing to do with being female , you just beat me to it . Somebody should be beat for making my OCD twitch like this . I want to fix it so bad . 😂

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
Wild guess, could the higher screen be to block the sun, so fans can actually see the screen if the sun is positioned to be in their eyes?

Last edited:

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wild guess, could the higher screen be to black the sun, so fans can actually see the screen if the sun is positioned to be in their eyes?
From what I’ve seen posted in here, the screen on the south end is supported outside the stadium. The screen on the north end had to be down lower because the structure couldn’t support it being on the roof and there’s not enough room to put supports outside the north end.

Sara Clark

Wild guess, could the higher screen be to black the sun, so fans can actually see the screen if the sun is positioned to be in their eyes?
I don't think so, I was sitting here visualizing that. Sun moving east to west, me being on the west side, wouldn't keep me from seeing North to south...maybe so if looking straight ahead. Am I making sense? Seems to me, sun isn't the problem. Wonder if they are thinking a future remodel to have a matching pair. Idk, probably shouldn't have said anything. Thankful for those glorious letters.

Brave Volunteer

No it's definitely not a female thing. I too am big on symmetry and I find this irritating lol (hell, for years I hated the Pittsburgh Steelers just because their helmet logo is only on one side!). I get the reasons why the design had to be this way and I'm sure I'll get used to it. But right now it bugs me.

dobre_shunka

From what I’ve seen posted in here, the screen on the south end is supported outside the stadium. The screen on the north end had to be down lower because the structure couldn’t support it being on the roof and there’s not enough room to put supports outside the north end.

Alumni gym is too close to have added one outside the footprint of the stadium

Jackcrevol

Don't be an Oxymoran!
I would like a bar on top of the second large Jumbotron on top of the smaller screen in the terrace, and of course the bar up top should have its own screen.
Oh, ok. In that case, meta-screens. Makes sense.

Ideally, the screens should do like they do at Carmike and expand when old people sit down, then speakers not able to handle loud rap music begin playing.

BigSteve09

https://thevolunteerclub.com/memberships/
Oh, ok. In that case, meta-screens. Makes sense.

Ideally, the screens should do like they do at Carmike and expand when old people sit down, then speakers not able to handle loud rap music begin playing.
Yup! You have to make the Gameday experience worthwhile.

volfaninky

Agree 10000%. They should both be below and south end should cover the upper deck with Chairbacks just like the north.

VN Store