Most pleased to see...

Have to say I was most pleased the Defense stepped up with all the post-season drama of
player's departing and/or opting out. Do hope they can build on this. Offense did good, but
that D really played lights out football. Nice effort the entire game.
We looked like a well prepared football team in every aspect of the game. Had a slow start to the third quarter with a couple of 3 and outs, but recovered nicely. Great confidence builder.

I feel like he won't have to as much next year. The LBs will be Pili and Carter. I do think that Herring made some plays this year and he's athletic. He will get better I think.
Idk if I would use the term athletic for someone as slow as him. Maybe he’s injured or nicked up though?

I saw comments both ways about OL performance.

What I saw was good (not great) run blocking and bad pass protection for QB.

I saw comments both ways about OL performance.

What I saw was good (not great) run blocking and bad pass protection for QB.
On the other hand they were missing Campbell who I think will return and Spraggins who may also return ( I think I saw him on the sideline).

Pass protection also suffered from inexperienced RBs.

Pleased to see we tackled well and had 2 ints. However that's probably the worst offense we played all year. Definitely the most unathletic.

Can’t argue with the D pitching a shutout, even against a weak offense. And James Pearce is a real live dude who is bumping up his draft stock every time he steps on the field
Exactly. Some said it's Iowa, but our defense has been making anyone look great. Today, especially with new folks playing more, they really stepped up. Wasn't a bunch of 3rd downs converted like normal, just that one 4th. Secondary didn't make a Heisman contender out of the QB. I was really happy with the defense.

Reactions: 67Vol
Have to say I was most pleased the Defense stepped up with all the post-season drama of
player's departing and/or opting out.
Do hope they can build on this. Offense did good, but
that D really played lights out football. Nice effort the entire game.
Imagine how many points Iowa would have scored if our defense was healthy and our secondary hadn't all flown the coop???

Reactions: onevol74
Add a shut-down corner and we've got a playoff team in '24. May have one anyway. But, going 10-2 with our '24 schedule (@OU, Bama, UGA) will be a challenge. We have to win at least one of those 3 to get in.

Reactions: Native Orange
Iowa’s QB couldn’t even use a vending machine. That dude looked at the defense and decided it was time to hit a button. This guy was so bad he lost some games in the big ten west. Iowa sucks. Plain and simple. Our secondary didn’t really have to play. The pick was nice though lol. Go vols ! #heupelnico2024

Reactions: KINGSVOL

VN Store

Back