most overrated vols

an all-american was overrated? Interesting

and I doubt we get many different ivetanswers than last year
Marcus Nash was HIGHLY overrated. He was a product of the greatness of Manning. So was almost every receiver there from 1995-1997. Only Peerless was good enough to accel at the next level. That was as a no. 2 receiver as well. Peerless gets a ton of deserved love for his prowess as a WR and KR(return against Bama 1998). That being said the following were all better: Larry Seivers, Stanley Morgan, Willie Gault, Tim McGee, Anthony Miller, Alvin Harper, Carl Pickens, Dontae Stallworth, Kelley Washington, James Banks and Cordarrelle Patterson

For me it's Michael Munoz

I know I might get roasted for this thread but who cares
Come on dude this guy should’ve gave it up but he gave it his all for this university. Injuries haunted him ! He was if I remember right....was the first freshman to play tackle?? Seems like if I remember the story...that he was jeopardizing just to be to walk but continued to give it his all

During some downtime last year, I watched the entire 98-99 season. It really stuck out to me that he was the most inconsistent and overly hyper player on the field. We won several games in spite of him. That team with a slightly better QB would go.down as the greatest team in CFB history.
He was tough as hell and you couldn’t rattle him….

I'll throw a hot take out there. We've really overrated Inky Johnson's as a player. I remember being frequently frustrated by him being beat semi-regularly on long passes. That may also have been a product of Chavis-ball failing to adjust to the spread.

With that said, he is an amazing person and one of the best public speakers/motivators out there. Seriously. I knew him from Gibbs Hall and he was a flat out quality guy.

VN Store

Back