most overrated vols

Someone said Tee Martin. I don’t think he’s the most overrated Vol of all time, but many Vol fans definitely overrate him because we won a NC when he was QB. But let’s be honest. We won that NC because of our rushing defense, the best o-line in UT history, and leadership. Our passing game was definitely not a strength. I think Tee only three more than 20 passes in half of the games. He had less than 200 yards in 6 games, I think.

Tee was extremely inconsistent and inaccurate. He only had 12 TD passes his senior year. He was a good leader, an excellent team player, and he had a high football IQ, but he was just not a good passer.
During some downtime last year, I watched the entire 98-99 season. It really stuck out to me that he was the most inconsistent and overly hyper player on the field. We won several games in spite of him. That team with a slightly better QB would go.down as the greatest team in CFB history.

I am going to get torched for this- Derek Barnett. I am not saying he wasn't great. He could play but I do not think he is anyway as good as his sack record would indicate. I would have preferred that Reggie White's record stayed intact. If I remember correctly, his last "sack" wasn't really a sack...

I am going to get torched for this- Derek Barnett. I am not saying he wasn't great. He could play but I do not think he is anyway as good as his sack record would indicate. I would have preferred that Reggie White's record stayed intact. If I remember correctly, his last "sack" wasn't really a sack...

Of that great overloaded recruiting class, he came closest to reaching his potential. And that last sack counted. Records were meant to be broken.

I’m not gonna torch you for it, but the fact that he and Dobbs were pretty much the only good things about UT football for the entire 2010’s decade is gonna soften everyone’s eyes on both of them.

Gerald Riggs for me but also the Bryce Brown even though he was not here long

These are the correct type of answers. Add Khalil McKenzie to the list.

Munoz and Jason Allen were pretty fantastic college players.

He really probably was more capable than he showed. End of 09 he was actually pretty great
Not really. He was coached to just roll out and only focus on half the field. He improved bc of this. He was still extremely limited. It's never good when coaches ask the QB to ignore half the WR every play.

Holy Batman...trying to catch up reading about overrated players, have made it thru 6 full pages and have yet to see JG mentioned.....have y'all lost your minds?

VN Store

Back