Most of us are Negavols today.. but it doesn't have to be permanent

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
We have a lot of athletes and talent on this team. No reason to not rebound this season.
We will be embarrassed yet again next week against Bama. We all know that.

Then a bye week. The key is to do a reset in the bye week. Bench the non performers - those with too many dumb plays and penalties, missed blocks and (key..) showing lack of effort.. i.e. loafing, not putting on more steam when down, not playing the full 60 minutes.
Coach.. If you have a head case primadona on the team that is destroying the effort, cut that cancer out.
Give the guys a shot that bust their butt in practice, yet never see the field. Next man up. Find the ones with the right attitude.
Goal should be this:
Last 5 games. I mean we beat the team that beat Auburn today. We beat the team the beat the defending national champs. But Georgia was like a lobotomy to this team. Wake up. The following games ARE WINNABLE.
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Florida

There is time to right this ship. Use the Alabama game to get some guys experience. All sophomores on the field can't look any worse than the seniors against Kentucky. There is a future and this season isn't it. Use it to get the kids of the future reps, even if they become canon fodder.

Umm we haven’t been “good” since 2001, but 04’ and 07’ had good results so while I realize nothing lasts forever but there is nothing on the field that suggests we are anywhere near close to being even competitive against good teams.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I look at this as an experimental year and we are getting the benefit of 10 scrimmages to prepare for next year. None of the wins or losses are meaning anything to me this year.

We have a lot of athletes and talent on this team. No reason to not rebound this season.

Then a bye week. The key is to do a reset in the bye week. Bench the non performers - those with too many dumb plays and penalties, missed blocks and (key..) showing lack of effort.. i.e. loafing, not putting on more steam when down, not playing the full 60 minutes.
Coach.. If you have a head case primadona on the team that is destroying the effort, cut that cancer out.
Give the guys a shot that bust their butt in practice, yet never see the field. Next man up. Find the ones with the right attitude.
Goal should be this:
Last 5 games. I mean we beat the team that beat Auburn today. We beat the team the beat the defending national champs. But Georgia was like a lobotomy to this team. Wake up. The following games ARE WINNABLE.
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Florida

There is time to right this ship. Use the Alabama game to get some guys experience. All sophomores on the field can't look any worse than the seniors against Kentucky. There is a future and this season isn't it. Use it to get the kids of the future reps, even if they become canon fodder.

I like your positive attitude, but we are regressing as a team in almost every area. As someone said in a post above, this is his 3rd so when will we get past this issues.

I look at this as an experimental year and we are getting the benefit of 10 scrimmages to prepare for next year. None of the wins or losses are meaning anything to me this year.
if they are scrimmages then why is JG still getting all the QB reps?

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

Goal should be this:
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Florida

I see one , maybe two wins there.

Goal should be this:
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Auburn
Vanderbilt
Florida

We're going 3 and 7 aren't we. 🤦‍♂️

This team is an undisciplined mess.

All the penalties last week, kicking a KY player in the nads this week. The turnovers and missed assignments.

There isn't a single game left on the schedule they couldn't find a way to choke away the way they are playing now.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
From the last two games our team has played, I don’t see another win on the schedule. Maybe Vandy, but that’s not necessarily so. UK is not a good team - but neither are we apparently.

I like your positive attitude, but we are regressing as a team in almost every area. As someone said in a post above, this is his 3rd so when will we get past this issues.

Admire the positivity, too. It's remarkable, given how many times we've all gone through these rationalizations. Out beyond the contextualizing, Pruitt just put a historically bad loss on his record in Year 3. We are seeing what we are seeing. None of us want it to be true (again), but it is reality.

Reactions: primmdds and VOLED

VN Store

Back