Most Missed Tackles Forced after Catch

Oh, I don't know. I Recall an Arkansas player fielding a catch, punt, or kick-off. Then the whole Vols team failed to bring him down despite some getting their hands on him 2-3 times. And our famed Rod Wilks just rolled down the field on the ground. And that was all in one game. Bet if you counted the miss tackles, they might rival JJ's.

yep, it was a punt return...you just had to make me remember that...geez, what a freakin' gaggle that was...I laughed for days...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!

yep, it was a punt return...you just had to make me remember that...geez, what a freakin' gaggle that was...I laughed for days...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE WILDCATS!

Believe me, at the time I hung my head in shame. Our ineptitude as a team was exposed nationally. Each time I saw the video or even glimpsed a snippet, it just broke my heart, made me fall apart. Now, it's slightly less painful. But the missed tackles comment brought it back with somewhat of a vengeance.

Oh, I don't know. I Recall an Arkansas player fielding a catch, punt, or kick-off. Then the whole Vols team failed to bring him down despite some getting their hands on him 2-3 times. And our famed Rod Wilks just rolled down the field on the ground. And that was all in one game. Bet if you counted the miss tackles, they might rival JJ's.
Was that the same game that we returned the opening kickoff back for a TD

No doubt about it. JJ is a beast.

Although his propensity to put the ball on the ground at times when he is fighting for that extra yard or two does make me a little nervous.

Reactions: Catbone

I just had to relive this miserable excuse of punt coverage lmao. The effort by everyone was the worst Ive seen on a college field.

Shrouts pass to Callaway at South Carolina and Maurer's pass to Callaway for a touchdown were the best passes of the year. Both passes were thrown perfect and caught in stride. Just downright pretty. GBO!
I'm not a big fan of JG but that pass to Jennings against SC with pressure in his face was sweet.

What the crap does that have to do with Jennings breaking tackles after the reception? You guys just can't stop. It is sad.

Don't get your britches in a knot, snowflake; it was a joke.
I love JG. The kid is tough as hell and has really matured over the past few years. I just wish whatever it is that needs to click would do so. That way JJ would have even more broken tackles!

The Vols will be a great team, but, not a vaunted team, until all of you old farts that keep bringing up the bad stuff die off.

I personally think Jennings is the best WR in the nation right now. I know most would point to Jeudy at Bama or Higgins at Clemson but those guys have had All Americans throwing them the ball. Jennings has to work to get the ball and he leads the nation in one of the most important measure, most missed tackles forced after the catch. And remember, Jennings is forcing those misses against teams like Bama and Georgia. We will never know if he truly is the best in the nation since he has always played with just terrible quarterbacks at Tennessee but I bet he absolutely tears it up in the NFL.

VN Store

Back