Most Improved?

Our D line. We need to get pressure on the QB and for the love of god stop letting QBs gash us up the middle for 100+ yards a game.

Reactions: Indianavfl
Jalin Hyatt is a returning WR, McCoy wasn't here last year. Maybe you got Jalin mixed up with his brother, who might become a recruit down the road.
I'm not confused about it at all. I just think Bru McCoy is going to be huge in this offense. Hyatt, calloway and Holiday will be improved, but not have the overall impact that Bru does.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'm not confused about it at all. I just think Bru McCoy is going to be huge in this offense. Hyatt, calloway and Holiday will be improved, but not have the overall impact that Bru does.

There's a chance he might not play for us. I hope this doesn't prove to be the case.

"Since he had already used his free transfer, McCoy will need a waiver from the NCAA in order to play this season. If he does receive it, he could be a big boost to Tennessee's stellar offense." Source: Tennessee Vols football quarterback Hendon Hooker on Cedric Tillman, Bru McCoy

I think there’s a chance our pass rush could improve which would pay dividends every where else

This is THE year Elijah Simmons needs to mature and show up as well as show out. He has the talent to be special, he just needs the maturity and discipline to eat correctly. If he does, look out!!

We need to be more physical as a whole. So many times we gave up big chunks of yards to a scrambling QB up the middle. Our D tackles need to get a push and get in the face of the Quarterbacks.

Our offense gave up more sacks than other team in the SEC last year. Part of that is that Hooker really doesn’t drop much during his progressions, but a big part is that the backs have to pass block better (channeling my inner-Fulmer here). So many times you’d see our backs get blown up in protection or whiff on a block and HH take a sack. That has to improve. These are just 2 things, I could go on about the secondary…

I know this isn't the proper thread for this, but here it is. My wife and I are up in Post Falls getting Her knee replacement surgery. I'm in the waiting room in my "Powered By The T" t-shirt and checkerboard socks, and a gentleman sat down next to me and asked if I went to school there. I told Him that I attended APSU, and the University of Memphis, but I'm from Clarksville. He told me that He was a freshman wr on the WSU team that played UT in 94, and he's here getting his third acl surgery. We talked for a bit, and He told me how much he loved that area, and that during his played days, that playing in Knoxville and playing in The Big House were his two fondest memories of his playing days. I wished Him the best. As I exited the waiting room, I received a "GO VOLS" from a young lady on Her way in. Don't let anyone tell you that Tennessee and Volnation aren't special. No matter where my life takes me, Tennessee will always be my home and in my heart. GB🍊
I hope that your wife’s surgery is super successful.
I had a hip replacement and it dramatically changed my life for the better

Reactions: VolDaddy61

I suspect you and I are talking about two different things. I'm posting the previous exchange below to emphasize that. You see, I claimed Hyatt would be the most improved. You said he wasn't on the team last year. He was. I didn't say anything about McCoy, except in an earlier post where I said he might not play for us in 2022. He has a NCAA waiver issue that might or might not get resolved. I did suggest your claim Jalin Hyatt wasn't with the team last year might be your confusing him with his brother, who we are recruiting and might join our team. Now, you can't consider him as the most improved player for us, because HE wasn't here last year. but Jalin Hyatt was. The thread was about who would be our most improved player, not the impact Bru McCoy might have. I too want Bru, but there's a chance he might not play for us in 2022.

Bru McCoy
Devin Hayett

1656594323202.png

I suspect you and I are talking about two different things. I'm posting the previous exchange below to emphasize that. You see, I claimed Hyatt would be the most improved. You said he wasn't on the team last year. He was. I didn't say anything about McCoy, except in an earlier post where I said he might not play for us in 2022. He has a NCAA waiver issue that might or might not get resolved. I did suggest your claim Jalin Hyatt wasn't with the team last year might be your confusing him with his brother, who we are recruiting and might join our team. Now, you can't consider him as the most improved player for us, because HE wasn't here last year. but Jalin Hyatt was. The thread was about who would be our most improved player, not the impact Bru McCoy might have. I too want Bru, but there's a chance he might not play for us in 2022.

Bru McCoy
Devin Hayett

View attachment 468461
I said Bru McCoy wasn't on the team last year. I never said that Jalin Hyatt wasn't on the team last year. You were saying that Hyatt will be the most improved and I said McCoy will have a bigger impact, but you couldn't call him most improved since he (McCoy) wasn't on the team last year. Never said anything about Hyatt not being on the team last year.

I said Bru McCoy wasn't on the team last year. I never said that Jalin Hyatt wasn't on the team last year. You were saying that Hyatt will be the most improved and I said McCoy will have a bigger impact, but you couldn't call him most improved since he (McCoy) wasn't on the team last year. Never said anything about Hyatt not being on the team last year.

May the orange be with you.

Reactions: miket4god
Imo we need a defense like what Georgia had last season for us to be balanced on both sides of the ball.

Imo we need a defense like what Georgia had last season for us to be balanced on both sides of the ball.

I concur. But cheer up, our Vols might surprise everybody by pulling off a 1972 Miami no name defense.

Last edited:
Our defense did have the misfortune of playing a lot of good to elite offensive units. In no particular order here they are, Ole Miss, Purdue, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, Pittsburgh. Almost half of our games last were against very good offensive units. That ain’t easy. I’m not saying they did an acceptable job, but I am saying that there’s a possibility we see improvement because we probably won’t have to face as many elite units
Yeah we kinda played all of the best QB's and offenses in the nation lol. Hopefully we'll get to play more average QB's.

Look at our D against Ole Miss though. Held them to 31. We all figured that we wouldn't have a prayer to stop them and we did pretty well. Everyone was saying that would be a 52-50 type game.

Then look at how we did against average to below average offensive teams we played. We completely shut them down. Shut down TTU, BGSU, USA, Vandy, USCjr, and Mizzou.

That's why I don't think our defense was actually as horrible as the stats say. If we struggled against those teams then we would be hopeless.

The other games it was depth, experience and third down that hurt us. I'd say we've improved the depth on all fronts. More bodies. They're older. Another year in the system. I'll be surprised if we don't improve.

Their defense was one of a kind last year. We had a much better offense than Georgia did lat year and their was the best money could buy. If we had their defense last year, we would be have been National Champs going away. They will have a good defense again this year, but it will not touch last year’s. I believe we have a shot at them this year IF, our defense can get their offense off the field a few times. We will score more point this year than we did last year.

VN Store

Back