Most exhilarating sports moment?

In contrast to the most heartbreaking moment, what moment still gives you goosebumps... or makes you cry?

For me... with zero doubt it is the Miracle on Ice...

Being at the VOLS National championship is a close second
Hating uga tge way I do now, that Dobbs hail Mary is the most recent anyway.

*I need you come fly me to Atlanta tomorrow😂

Hating uga tge way I do now, that Dobbs hail Mary is the most recent anyway.

*I need you come fly me to Atlanta tomorrow😂
I thought really hard about that one too.... Sorry, can't fly this week. Family stuff going on. Have a good trip.

Reactions: joevol33
I have a few and they're mainly centered around my team winning a championship. Vols in 98, Braves in 95, my favorite Nascar driver winning a championship in 2017. That Dobbsnail Boot was pretty special too. Prob some others I'm missing

Reactions: Remy
I’ve been to maybe 100 or so Vols games since 1968, but the most exhilarating event, by far, was I made it to Wimbledon in 2015. Talk about goose bumps? At no event does the crowd go from dead silence to screaming instantly. Seriously crazy goose bumps. Over, and over again.

The Miracle at South Bend. When Aaron Hayden caught the screen pass, from Andy Kelly, and took it to the house, to beat Notre Dame 35-34, after trailing by as much as 31-7.
Or, 1983, in Tuscaloosa, on 3rd and 6, at the UT 34 yd line. Alan Cockrell executed the perfect option play. Jonathan Jones took the pitch and raced 66 yards. UT 41 Bama 34. I can still hear Bill Anderson laughing, over John Ward's call of the play.

Johnny Jones races 66 yds
Aaron Hayden TD vs Notre Dame

Last edited:
97 SEC championship game....everyone singing rocky top on the subway afterwards awesome experience

In contrast to the most heartbreaking moment, what moment still gives you goosebumps... or makes you cry?

For me... with zero doubt it is the Miracle on Ice...

Being at the VOLS National championship is a close second
I was 15 years old watching this on TV in Paris France (My dad was a UT professor and he was on a 6 month sabbatical)
Anyways, we were screaming at the TV when they cut away to some other program.
Didn’t know who won until the next morning when we read it in the paper.

The night we beat Florida in 1998.It was my oldest daughter's wedding day and I was all tuxed up and being a great dad,had a fathers dance and a few sips of Bubbly.After getting all cleaned up at the McGavock mansion,we headed home.I turned on the TV and was just in time to see the missed FG and John Ward saying NO SIREE NO SIREE. I was a happy PAPA !!

Meeting Lou Brock, my favorite player when I was a little boy. I told him I loved watching him run. He told me if he hit a home run, he would run the bases full speed. He didn't hit a home run but he hit a triple off the top of the fence. Standing on third base, he looked over at me and pointed, he then put his hand over his heart. I will never forget the that moment. After the game he game back over to me with a game ball and said "almost." I cried when he died.

Tennessee: 1982 Bama game and 1998 Florida game

General sports: 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup clincher in game six (two goals in 17 seconds) and 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series title

Last edited:
Reactions: oz615
Several:
66 Gator Bowl vs Syracuse
67 Bama
70 Georgia (or 69? - game Curt Watson ran wild)
71 Penn State
First Bulls championship 91
First Braves game I saw live in 66
98 NC
2005 White Sox World Series
Multiple Blackhawks Cups
2016 Cubs World Series

VN Store

Back