Most Disappointing NFL Players Of All Time

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
With all the talk of free agency, trades, cuts and upcoming draft, who are some of the most disappointing NFL players of all time?

Nobody talks about Aundray Bruce, but he was an insane bust. Went from #1 overall pick at DE to trying him at TE by his 4th year. He managed an 11 year career yet in last his 7 seasons he averaged about 2 sacks and 12 tackles. It was nuts how people kept looking at him and banking on potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
To me the most disappointing Atlanta Falcons players were Sonny Collins who led the SEC in rushing for Kentucky and was drafted in the 2nd round of the 1976 NFL Draft and Bubba Bean who was an All American running back at Texas A&M and was drafted in the 1st round of the 1976 NFL Draft. Sonny Collins was cut in the 1977 preseason and Bubba Bean who led the Falcons in rushing in 1976 and 1978 was cut in the 1980 preseason.

sonny-collinsjpg-bae97c72c2b64a53.jpg
51eedef5cfeb2.image.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody talks about Aundray Bruce, but he was an insane bust. Went from #1 overall pick at DE to trying him at TE by his 4th year. He managed an 11 year career yet in last his 7 seasons he averaged about 2 sacks and 12 tackles. It was nuts how people kept looking at him and banking on potential.
Very good one! 5 HOF’ers in that draft, but so many more VERY GOOD team mainstays. For every Michael Irvin and Tim Brown gold jacket, there were multiple Sterling Sharpe, Chris Spielman and Neil Smiths.

Last edited:
Peter Warrick. Most guys end up disappointing because we were wrong about them and they flat out can't cut it in the NFL. Warrick was an OK pro, but he had everything he needed to be Antonio Brown and he couldn't even turn that into 3,000 career yards.

Because I liked him so much in college and was excited when he went to the NFL:

Heath Shuler

I hate to say this but Heath Shuler. He was drafted into a bad situation in Washington. I think if he played for a better organization and had a better coach his career would have been better. I guess my response is really that I am disappointed that Heath didn’t have a better career vs him being disappointing. He had so much natural ability

Peter Warrick. Most guys end up disappointing because we were wrong about them and they flat out can't cut it in the NFL. Warrick was an OK pro, but he had everything he needed to be Antonio Brown and he couldn't even turn that into 3,000 career yards.

Didn’t our punter tackle him in the 99 Natty game and save a TD.

I hate to say this but Heath Shuler. He was drafted into a bad situation in Washington. I think if he played for a better organization and had a better coach his career would have been better. I guess my response is really that I am disappointed that Heath didn’t have a better career vs him being disappointing. He had so much natural ability

Should have read a few posts above mine. Looks like Vader already mentioned Heath.

Then he got demoted to congress. Poor fella.

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol

Yeah but Shuler dug himself a pretty big hole by holding out of training camp. He certainly did himself no favors and it soured the fanbase on him, especially after he started badly. Plus he sucked in New Orleans too. He's just another case of great college quarterback, poor professional one.

VN Store

Back