Most annoying play by play college football broadcaster

My favorite is Sean McDonough I guess one reason is he called alot of our games on CBS in 1998 when we won it all and he is really a very good play by play guy. Ron Franklin was another really good one I miss him.. Joe Tessatore is good at calling boxing . I just wish he would dial it down some when he calls football it’s like he is trying to out do Gus Johnson.
This.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Mine is Joe Tessator he just overstates everything and his word play just gets on my nerves when I’m watching a game, fortunately he doesn’t call many Tennessee games.
This.Tessitore seems like he's in love with the sound of his own voice.Never cared much for his style.

Vern lundquist will literally always be my most hated. Blatant Georgia fan. I was at the Tennessee Georgia game we won with the Dobbs Hail Mary and they literally had a big ceremony for him before the game started.

To be fair, I think a lot of places did that because that was his last year announcing so it was a bit of a farewell tour.

Chris Fowler. I have never liked him. The way he lead the charge in 97 to keep Manning from winning the Heisman will ALWAYS put him on my **** list. Him and Kirk both have shown they do not like UT. They couldnt have been happier watching UT get blown out by USC last year.
He led the charge to screw Manning out of the Heisman by voting for him?

Vern lundquist will literally always be my most hated. Blatant Georgia fan. I was at the Tennessee Georgia game we won with the Dobbs Hail Mary and they literally had a big ceremony for him before the game started.
This is a prime example of hearing what you want to. Other fan bases gave Lundquist the nickname “volunteer Verne” because they thought he was so biased towards Tennessee.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Gus Johnson should be number one on everyone’s list. Tessitore is somewhat decent, that is until he starts screaming at the top of his lungs after a running back picks up three yards on first down. Mark Jones is another who I would be happy never to have to listen to again.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Mine is Joe Tessator he just overstates everything and his word play just gets on my nerves when I’m watching a game, fortunately he doesn’t call many Tennessee games.

You guys hit on my two right out of the gate. Tessatore is so in love with his own voice and is so self-important, and I don't know what fan he is, but Lundquist was a bloated, pompous self-promoter, who made every call as if it was going to be on SportsCenter. Danielson is actually almost bearable now that he's with a real pro in Nessler.

There are actually very few I like at all, mostly the guys that don't get the top games and just call the damn game instead of injecting themselves into the broadcast. Nessler is very good, I'll miss him next year.

Gus Johnson. Fox guy, not sure I got the name right. So over emotional. I bet the guy cheers for the home team at a funeral.

Gus is so over the top that it's comical. His 'Maserati Marv' call against Penn State might be the funniest football call I've ever heard.

Have to agree with most...Beth Mowins needs to go.talk.to the administration of what ever school gave her a communications degree and get a refund !!!

As far as BEST though...tune into a game.once.on Westwood radio and catch Ian Eagle...dude is fire.

Chris Fowler. I have never liked him. The way he lead the charge in 97 to keep Manning from winning the Heisman will ALWAYS put him on my **** list. Him and Kirk both have shown they do not like UT. They couldnt have been happier watching UT get blown out by USC last year.
Kirk just holding a fridge cause we kept spanking OSU in the Citrus Bowl back in the 90's.

Reactions: feathersax
Since ESPN/ABC is taking over for CBS, who is going to be the "voice" for the national spotlight SEC game? Think they're going to stay within the fold? Wondering about the new SEC game of the week intro music. Not gonna lie, that CBS intro was fire!
Rece Davis Chris Fowler, Kirk, Joe Tess, Mark Jones, Sean McDonough, Jesse Palmer, Greg McElroy, Jordan Rogers, Tom Hart, RG3?
At least going forward we'll have ESPN and the SEC tied together with the BIG 10 with CBS.
Fowler/Herbstreit are the #1 ESPN/ABC broadcast team currently, so I imagine they will continue to call the best game every week on that family of networks, which will be an SEC game more often than not.

VN Store

Back