More Scholarships for UT

Hardegree to the tennis team? Seems like he was forced out to me. And put on the tennis team because they wanted him to keep a scholarship..

Scout.com: Hardegree, Hostetter give up football

Looks like we prolly wont have to grayshirt anyone because if they both are off of the team it should free up 2 schollys. I might be mistaken but no offense to Hostetter and Hardegree but we could use our schollys on some better people.

The staff knew this when they signed 32. Hostetter was injured throughout. Wonder if Holbert will be next to clear out the H's?:birgits_giggle:

Hoss saw the writing on the wall. Cam Mayo may suffer the same fate. Hardegree is a good tennis player but this was inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if Frogg and Greene had their scholly's pulled for newcomers.

Hardegree to the tennis team? Seems like he was forced out to me. And put on the tennis team because they wanted him to keep a scholarship..

Wasn't Hardegree a really good player in High School. I seem to remember talking about this during his recruiting.

Wasn't Hardegree a really good player in High School. I seem to remember talking about this during his recruiting.

I should have said a really good tennis player in high school. And to answer my own question, he won the state singles title.

Actually, he turned out to be a better QB than we thought. We never had any intention of him seeing the field. There were other reasons we took him.

Actually, he turned out to be a better QB than we thought. We never had any intention of him seeing the field. There were other reasons we took him.

For the sake of comparison, when both players were recruited:

Donald
#1 prospect LB in nation
6-2"
220 lb
4.6 sec 40 yd

Karl
unrated safety prospect
6-0"
200 lb
4.9 sec 40 yd

Karl was listed as 6'0 225 lbs last season.
Karl was a good player for UT, but he wasn't an all-sec player.

Donald has considerably better speed then Karl. The last #1 rated LB UT had was Simon and he started for UT all 4 yrs when he wasn't hurt.

I expect this position to be based on competion, and I won't be surprised if Donald beats Karl out. Thats the nature of the beast.

For the sake of comparison, when both players were recruited:

Donald
#1 prospect LB in nation
6-2"
220 lb
4.6 sec 40 yd

Karl
unrated safety prospect
6-0"
200 lb
4.9 sec 40 yd

Karl was listed as 6'0 225 lbs last season.
Karl was a good player for UT, but he wasn't an all-sec player.

Donald has considerably better speed then Karl. The last #1 rated LB UT had was Simon and he started for UT all 4 yrs when he wasn't hurt.

I expect this position to be based on competion, and I won't be surprised if Donald beats Karl out. Thats the nature of the beast.

Ah, I see. So who starts is based on rivals rankings. Interesting. Karl is not blazing fast. But, I promise you he is as fast as and probably a step faster than Donald. Donald will play but probably not start as a true freshman. Hey, I hope he does. Because if he does beat out Karl then that means he is better than expected and well ahead of the learning curve. That would be great. But, its also unrealistic to have the expectation of him at this point.

So, if there's room for another scholly, why not go back and sign one of those kickers they tried to convince to walk on? I know they talked to a kid in Dalton, but the guy really needed a scholly to even go to school...

So, if there's room for another scholly, why not go back and sign one of those kickers they tried to convince to walk on? I know they talked to a kid in Dalton, but the guy really needed a scholly to even go to school...
Yeah man, that drive down the field and kick a field goal mentality only works if you have a kicker that can make them.

VN Store

Back