More on Western Michigan transfer Jordan Walker

hammer22

Miss Basketball winner departs WMU, pursued by big-time programs such as Baylor

“With two seasons of eligibility remaining, Walker has decided to leave WMU and enter the transfer portal. Her list of suitors is strong, too: Among her offers are those from Power Five schools such as Baylor, Clemson, Pitt, Tennessee and Texas Tech.

As a graduate transfer, Walker will be eligible immediately. She’s in the process of making her decision.”

What are the odds of Baylor getting her? And do you think she would be a stater this year at UT?

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Given Walker's injury history and her stats @ WMU against mid-major competition, not sure what to think about potentially adding her. She likes to shoot but wasn't especially good at it last year; averaged a FG attempt every 2.1 minutes, hitting .385 overall and .317 on 3-pointers. Connected at just a .608 clip from the FT line. Assist-to-TO ratio of 0.93. Fairly prolific fouler. I like that she's a strong rebounder and averaged over 2 steals per game. Would bring significant experience and certainly bolster our bench depth, but not a likely difference maker, IMO.
2019-20 Women's Basketball Cumulative Statistics - Western Michigan University Athletics

I think Walker would be a good addition despite the lack of efficiency in her game. Despite the fact that the SEC is a much tougher conference, she likely wouldn’t be a first option here. She would provide solid depth and experience to a squad lacking both. While maybe not the most ideal person to fill those two holes, I think she is a pretty good option given that we’re in late July.

There is another grad transfer possibility that I find to be a little bit more intriguing than Jordan Walker, and her name is Jordan Sanders.

Kellie is actually very familiar with Sanders. Sanders is a native of Springfield, Missouri, and was heavily recruited by Kellie at Missouri State, but instead opted for UC Irvine. Missouri State fans think she was one of Kellie’s biggest misses on the recruiting trail during her time at Missouri State.

Sanders only played seven games as a junior during the 2019-20 season, but she graduated early, so she would likely have two years much like Walker. As a sophomore, the 5-11 wing averaged 20.3 PPG (45.9%FG, 33.3%3FG, and 80.9%FT) and 7.1 RPG. She did have a very poor A/TO ratio though, 14:48, but her scoring and rebounding are very strong, and her efficiency makes her more attractive.

That said, no idea whether or not Kellie will recruit her.

I think Walker would be a good addition despite the lack of efficiency in her game. Despite the fact that the SEC is a much tougher conference, she likely wouldn’t be a first option here. She would provide solid depth and experience to a squad lacking both. While maybe not the most ideal person to fill those two holes, I think she is a pretty good option given that we’re in late July.

There is another grad transfer possibility that I find to be a little bit more intriguing than Jordan Walker, and her name is Jordan Sanders.

Kellie is actually very familiar with Sanders. Sanders is a native of Springfield, Missouri, and was heavily recruited by Kellie at Missouri State, but instead opted for UC Irvine. Missouri State fans think she was one of Kellie’s biggest misses on the recruiting trail during her time at Missouri State.

Sanders only played seven games as a junior during the 2019-20 season, but she graduated early, so she would likely have two years much like Walker. As a sophomore, the 5-11 wing averaged 20.3 PPG (45.9%FG, 33.3%3FG, and 80.9%FT) and 7.1 RPG. She did have a very poor A/TO ratio though, 14:48, but her scoring and rebounding are very strong, and her efficiency makes her more attractive.

That said, no idea whether or not Kellie will recruit her.

Do you know why she only played 7 games?

She had one very good season and who is to say that injuries could've been involved in causing problems in the others. Overall she brings a great change of pace for Tennessee small point guard that Is a decent three point shooter 32 percent career and 39 overall from the field. I think she is very similar in a lot of ways to Tennessee 2021 signee Brooklyn MIles. If she decided on Tennessee I think she would need to pull back a lot on some of the shot attempts she took at WMU. She brings experience as a backup to Horston for one year think she could be a help to us.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back