More NIL Stuff

Simply untrue.
It’s been reported in multiple sources locally so I’m just repeating that. If you have evidence that’s not true-I’d love to hear since the implications of interference from the University means UT is going to fall behind. It’s interesting that we started so hot at recruiting and picked up the guys that the national powerhouses offered, but then the reporting surfaces and our latest commits are 3 star guys ranked outside top 50 in their positions and have offers from the MS schools and former powerhouses. The evidence here suggests the reporting might be factual.

Heupel’s excellent coaching alone isn’t enough to overcome the Jimmy’s and Joe’s needed to beat the powerhouses. This is a once-in-a-program opportunity to be relevant again and I’d hate for the reporting to be true.

It’s been reported in multiple sources locally so I’m just repeating that. If you have evidence that’s not true-I’d love to hear since the implications of interference from the University means UT is going to fall behind. It’s interesting that we started so hot at recruiting and picked up the guys that the national powerhouses offered, but then the reporting surfaces and our latest commits are 3 star guys ranked outside top 50 in their positions and have offers from the MS schools and former powerhouses. The evidence here suggests the reporting might be factual.

Heupel’s excellent coaching alone isn’t enough to overcome the Jimmy’s and Joe’s needed to beat the powerhouses. This is a once-in-a-program opportunity to be relevant again and I’d hate for the reporting to be true.

Francis Mauigoa - IMG Academy - OT (on3.com)
Jonathan Echols - IMG Academy - EDGE (on3.com)

Reactions: UTFanHades

There may be a shred of truth that they are being extra cautious. However, Plowman hasn't completely hand-cuffed White as reported. The reports are very over-embellished.

Believe me or not, doesn't really matter. In over 10yrs I've never told Volnation a fib about anything related to UT.

There may be a shred of truth that they are being extra cautious. However, Plowman hasn't completely hand-cuffed White as reported. The reports are very over-embellished.

Believe me or not, doesn't really matter. In over 10yrs I've never told Volnation a fib about anything related to UT.
I do want to be clear that I’m not accusing you of not knowing or being misleading. I’m happy if what you say is true. I’m curious as to how you’re sure of what you say though. Is it a source in journalism or the university? Not looking for specifics as such a source is rightfully confidential. As stated above-hope we get a big boom or two this weekend.

I’ll also freely admit that I’m apt to believe a negative story against the university and admins because of the high level of incompetence we’ve experienced going back to the retirement of Dickey.

Last edited:
I do want to be clear that I’m not accusing you of not knowing or being misleading. I’m happy if what you say is true. I’m curious as to how you’re sure of what you say though. Is it a source in journalism or the university? Not looking for specifics as such a source is rightfully confidential. As stated above-hope we get a big boom or two this weekend.

I’ll also freely admit that I’m apt to believe a negative story against the university and admins because of the high level of competence we’ve experienced going back to the retirement of Dickey.
Janitor

These reporters know our fan base is volatile and they will take anything and make it 1000 times more than what it is. In some cases they completely fabricate stories, based on their gut feeling and the current climate of the fan base. Many times they will read Twitter &/or message boards, then take the hot topic and claim it as fact or gauge the fan base from these places and make their own news.

They say stuff that has little to no truth. They try to get the fans all riled up, boost their viewers, get more clicks, start a frenzy, and then hope there is more teeth to the little fact they used to begin it all. If there isn't, then they get the benefit of the doubt. If there is, they get credit with breaking a story. If it's an outright garbage lie, they post an apology a few days later on page 3, then move on to their next bs.

Our AD is doing everything the way it should be done and they're doing it better than almost any other dept in the country. Because of this, these "journalists" don't have obvious things available they can use for content. They're having a hard time getting any info at all. They're getting somewhat desperate and looking anywhere they can to find a story. If it's a non-story, they make it a headline. They gloss over the fact that the story applies to every AD in the SEC and make it seem like it's just our administration being bullied by Sankey.

Last edited:

outside of Basillio, who else has made those statements in regard to Sankey? Outside of Sankey (and anyone repeating him) I've not seen any other credible news source make those statements regarding Sankey. Now, White and Plowman are being cautious due to the ongoing investigation as relates to NIL engagement with recruits. They don't want to be seen as involved with any entity that may be speaking with recruits about NIL deals. Smart move IMO.

UT being cautious not push from Sankey.

So logic then dictates that the nose dive in TN recruiting is because Heupel, his staff, and Spyre are now barely treading water on the recruiting front.

Went from white hot to barely luke warm because our coaches and collective just aren’t good enough. Definitely nothing to do with UT Admin or UT AD.

outside of Basillio, who else has made those statements in regard to Sankey? Outside of Sankey (and anyone repeating him) I've not seen any other credible news source make those statements regarding Sankey. Now, White and Plowman are being cautious due to the ongoing investigation as relates to NIL engagement with recruits. They don't want to be seen as involved with any entity that may be speaking with recruits about NIL deals. Smart move IMO.

UT being cautious not push from Sankey.

Went from white hot with Nico - and being on some high caliber dudes - to Luke warm only because Plowman and White now decide to be cautious.

Question. How long do they remain cautious? It could be another year or two to hear from the AA and the AA is a freaking paper tiger - when the ongoing Federal case in Cali finishes the AA will be done. Screw the AA. LSU still hasn’t heard anything from the AA investigation and they money whipped Tommy Tanks.

Got a bunch of milk toast admins.

Went from white hot with Nico - and being on some high caliber dudes - to Luke warm only because Plowman and White now decide to be cautious.

Question. How long do they remain cautious? It could be another year or two to hear from the AA and the AA is a freaking paper tiger - when the ongoing Federal case in Cali finishes the AA will be done. Screw the AA. LSU still hasn’t heard anything from the AA investigation and they money whipped Tommy Tanks.

I mean you’re about to see some elite ones commit July 4th. Should know more by next week whether to hit the panic button or not.

Reactions: patrick

I think they remain cautious, unless there are rules or laws which change, until they get a clear from NCAA. Spyre doesn't view what is happening as hurting their efforts per multiple people. You're right as well, could be another year or two. First thing is, UT needs the letter of allegations. Then that will state is the NCAA going to continue to delve into things or issue acceptance / modification of UT penalties. So still could be a long time.

Will Wade was fired when LSU got the LOA. So they have heard. Just that things have not been finalized to this point.

Agree on admins. Doesn't seem much different than the last 20 years.

[QUOTE="LWSVOL, post: 21429199, member: 16656"

Agree on admins. Doesn't seem much different than the last 20 years.[/QUOTE]

The string pullers remain the same, the puppets seldom matter.
Plowman and White could have been yanked back.
One does not need to wear a tin foil hat to realize the Vols have been burdened by those that value university image and the prestige they enjoy from it more than wins.
Until all involved develop a WIN, DAMN IT attitude expect more of the same.
Admins and ADs and coaches stay long as fans buy in to the hope for the future.
Then new puppets are put into the same strings held by the same Puppet masters.
The song they dance to remains the same.
The most loyal fanbase in America deserve much better.

VN Store

Back