More minutes for Nkamhoua

ON had a good first half in the Vandy game and then got zero minutes in the 2nd.
Only 4 against Auburn in a game where Fulk and JJJ got less than 20 minutes. Odd.

Looks like JJJ was the big loser in this game. 0-5. Never got to the line. That guy is hiding.

Reactions: berryvol and Hbg
I don’t understand with our post issues why Nkamhoua is only getting 7.7 minutes per game. Give him 20 minutes and let’s see what he can do.

I figure foul out. That is I he can figure out where and how to be in the position to make a foul. Don't get me wrong, I thing down the road he can be a player. However he needs playing time, which he is going to have trouble getting on this team. He needs to be on the floor with a big comfortable lead. This team just doesn't seem to provide that luxury which would allow for him to gain "playing time" experience.

I figure foul out. That is I he can figure out where and how to be in the position to make a foul. Don't get me wrong, I thing down the road he can be a player. However he needs playing time, which he is going to have trouble getting on this team. He needs to be on the floor with a big comfortable lead. This team just doesn't seem to provide that luxury which would allow for him to gain "playing time" experience.
Dude, he puts up better stats than fulkerson in 1/4 the minutes, forget trash time he needs to start in fulkerson spot. I know he’s not that good but have you seen us play lately, especially fulkerson

Reactions: savannahfan
I would play Uros more too against bigger teams, if nothing else to take up space and set screens for Keon, Jaden, and Bailey.

I agree on ON. He’s beginning to show he can make the basic plays plus he brings a little physicality.

Reactions: TC 83
I don’t understand with our post issues why Nkamhoua is only getting 7.7 minutes per game. Give him 20 minutes and let’s see what he can do.
put pons under the goal instead of shooting a three,he is tuff and did great last yr under the goal,and he will be in position to battle for rebounds,put fulky on the bench,play him as needed?

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
I think I know what the issue is but most of you will call it BS. Our players are playing to not make mistakes and that causes more and more mistakes. If you notice Barnes has the same approach Bobby Knight had. You turn the ball over you immediately take a seat on the bench. Players in other systems play free. Barnes needs to back off and let our guys play with freedom. He wants to play fast but he want let go of the reins.

I think I know what the issue is but most of you will call it BS. Our players are playing to not make mistakes and that causes more and more mistakes. If you notice Barnes has the same approach Bobby Knight had. You turn the ball over you immediately take a seat on the bench. Players in other systems play free. Barnes needs to back off and let our guys play with freedom. He wants to play fast but he want let go of the reins.

Then they are failing at trying to not make mistakes. There were around 25 by the 2nd TN time out. Turnovers, committing fouls, giving up offensive rebounds. No telling how many missed defensive assignments and bad shots happened. They might have hit 25 by the FIRST TV timeout.

It shouldn’t be in their heads. Yanked players from the first 7 in the rotation always get back into the game after briefly sitting on the bench. Maybe they should sit longer in order for the message to register.

Reactions: ArdentVol
ON plays hard but has wood paddles for hands. Cannot hold onto the ball or catch a pass.
Compared to who? Fulkerson lost the ball making a drive, threw the ball to a player who wasn't looking for a turnover, and got his shot blocked on a layup when he should have dunked it...all within 1 TV timeout I think. Nkamhoua doesn't get the ball taken away from him very often. Dude is strong. Fulkerson is finesse. Finesse is great if you can shoot. I think it has been 5 games since Fulkerson hit a shot longer than a 2 footer. I am fairly certain Nkamhoua can do that.

who is coming in? besides mashack

Of course 5* PG Kennedy Chandler, but as of yet zero big men. They are hoping Brandon Huntley-Hatfield 5* (#1 PF in 247 Sports) from Scotland, PA (6' 9" - 230 lbs) reclassifies from 2022 to 2021. Apparently we're in a good position with him, but he hasn't taken the steps to reclassify yet. That's the only highly rated big I've heard might be possible.

This team lost its mojo a few weeks ago. Don’t know why, but can clearly see they aren’t playing with the same intensity. They get all twitchy under pressure.

Reactions: Volncolumbia
This team lost its mojo a few weeks ago. Don’t know why, but can clearly see they aren’t playing with the same intensity. They get all twitchy under pressure.

Their defense is pretty intense. It must not be easy to flip a switch on every change of possession when transferring from intense defense to cohesive half court offense. If there was great speed the defensive effort should result in a lot of fast break points. I don’t recall many of those. Seems like Keon scored on a one-on-one opportunity yesterday and Springer drew a foul on another contested fast break.

I agree it’s like they are playing not to mess up, and it slows them down, and makes the shooters 2nd guess themselves. How many times do they turn down a wide open 3 with 12 seconds on the shot clock, only to have to shoot a contested heave as the shot clock runs out? Seems like he could loosen the chain a little and let them play.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
I would start Nkamhoua against Florida in Fulkerson's spot and have Fulkerson come off the bench because Fulkerson is giving Tennessee very little production at the moment.

All Nkamhoua has to worry about is rebounding and defense and any points he scores is gravy.

Reactions: Hbg
I would start Nkamhoua against Florida in Fulkerson's spot and have Fulkerson come off the bench because Fulkerson is giving Tennessee very little production at the moment.

All Nkamhoua has to worry about is rebounding and defense and any points he scores is gravy.

If he were only a better rebounder...

VN Store

Back