more covid discussion from the basketball thread

Unless you are older than 55 or had serious comorbidities, you weren't at any significant risk of severe illness or death from the original strain, even if you were unvaccinated. This is especially true given the mildness of the omicron strain and the fact these are healthy youngsters.

Earlier this year, UT-Chattanooga played Wofford (football). Wofford had some 30+ players out due to illness. The game was played. Why? The Wofford players were out with the flu, a disease, by every statistical measure, that is more dangerous than covid to college age people (and younger).

There is no scientific reasoning for any of this covid madness.
yeah unless your one of the unfortunate folks like a 35 year old super healthy guy who had to have a double lung transplant or assistant Volleyball coach at Uk that died. Or a 24 year old former college football player my friend cared for in the ICU who need a double lung transplant. Your risk is low, I agree. But you basically take a low risk and make it very very small by getting vaccinated.
There is also that talk show host in Nashville that said he was not getting the vaccine because it’s less than 1% chance he dies from COVID and he felt he was super healthy. He died. I don’t get why folks won’t reduce the risk even more. Crap I got to get the flu vaccine every year for work and it ain’t not big deal.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Yep more break through cases than earlier variants but look at hospitalizations rates of vaccinated versus unvaccinated . Your likely to do a lot lot better if vaccinated versus not in preventing Severe Covid .
Yep more break through cases than earlier variants but look at hospitalizations rates of vaccinated versus unvaccinated . Your likely to do a lot lot better if vaccinated versus not in preventing Severe Covid .
You do know that Israel is reporting 60% of their hospitalizations are fully vaccinated.

Reactions: Titan05
Your point being? 93% of those were over the age of 50. 26% were over the age of 85. Not to sound cruel, but most of those 93% were at serious risk of death due to any sort of illness, not just covid.

COVID in average has taken 10 years of life that died from each person and that is counting super sick old folks in nursing homes with only 1-2 more year of life expectancy. I have friends who have lost parents who may have had a single co-morbidity but not super unhealthy. Each of them on a ventilator. COVID pneumonia.

I seriously don’t get the no-vax crowd. Seen folks in ICUs saying they wish they got vaccinated and asking if it is too late.

You’re wrong about that, but only completely.

This is totally off-topic, but, since I was only lurking at the time, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you, Stoerner Fumbles, for your daily reports documenting the end of the Pruitt era. They were by far the best "insider" information I've seen posted here.

You do know that Israel is reporting 60% of their hospitalizations are fully vaccinated.
You do know they are about 92% vaccinated so that would mean the 8% unvaccinated makes up 40% of the cases which means unvaccinated are disproportionally represented. Totally proves the effiacy.

Your still going to have hospitalizations especially if people have co-morbidiities but it greatly reduces mortality.

In the US I think we are somewhere around 60-65% fully vaccinated.

Just fyi the definition of a vaccine was changed in April 2021. The original definition of a vaccine would not fit the current vaxs, it was changed to fit the covid vax narrative.
Language Log » Merriam-Webster gives "vaccine" a new definition

I’m no doctor, but I don’t believe you understand why the definition was changed. It’s not because you “can still get the virus.” It’s because the covid vaccine is a different type than say, the flu vaccine.

You can still get the flu, and that vaccine has been around forever. Do some more research on it.

For those who haven’t got the shot yet they say it’s just like the women say being with you is. It only lasts a second and you can barely feel it go in. Go for it!

yeah unless your one of the unfortunate folks like a 35 year old super healthy guy who had to have a double lung transplant or assistant Volleyball coach at Uk that died. Or a 24 year old former college football player my friend cared for in the ICU who need a double lung transplant. Your risk is low, I agree. But you basically take a low risk and make it very very small by getting vaccinated.
There is also that talk show host in Nashville that said he was not getting the vaccine because it’s less than 1% chance he dies from COVID and he felt he was super healthy. He died. I don’t get why folks won’t reduce the risk even more. Crap I got to get the flu vaccine every year for work and it ain’t not big deal.

Hey, it's sad and it's tragic, but "super healthy" young people died of the regular flu every year pre-covid, and from other ailments that aren't statistically significant in terms of their lethality. That doesn't mean we bring society to a grinding halt for extremely rare cases.

And where in anything I posted did I mention not to get the vaccine. For a lot of people, getting the vaccine makes sense. I don't believe the functionality of the vaccines was honestly portrayed at the beginning of the rollout, nor is there any cause that it should be mandated (especially for children under 18).

From a public policy perspective, this pandemic is over:
There are vaccines available for everyone who wants one
We have effective therapeutics such as monoclonal antibodies
Two oral medications will be available next month
The omicron variant is markedly less serious (and the next variant will be even milder, because that's what viruses do)

It is way past time to end these pointless measures and get on with life.

Hey, it's sad and it's tragic, but "super healthy" young people died of the regular flu every year pre-covid, and from other ailments that aren't statistically significant in terms of their lethality. That doesn't mean we bring society to a grinding halt for extremely rare cases.

And where in anything I posted did I mention not to get the vaccine. For a lot of people, getting the vaccine makes sense. I don't believe the functionality of the vaccines was honestly portrayed at the beginning of the rollout, nor is there any cause that it should be mandated (especially for children under 18).

From a public policy perspective, this pandemic is over:
There are vaccines available for everyone who wants one
We have effective therapeutics such as monoclonal antibodies
Two oral medications will be available next month
The omicron variant is markedly less serious (and the next variant will be even milder, because that's what viruses do)

It is way past time to end these pointless measures and get on with life.

All I can say is that I’ve never known anyone who died of the flu in 41 years. I did know of people who died of Covid. Yes, it’s anecdotal.

Plus, flu numbers are totally estimated. States aren’t required to report adult flu deaths- only pediatric. Pediatric deaths are low each year, but roughly 80% of pediatric deaths are unvaccinated.

Finally, I agree with you. I’m ready to move on too. At some point, we have to do things we were doing before now that the vaccine and other treatments are out there.

This is totally off-topic, but, since I was only lurking at the time, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you, Stoerner Fumbles, for your daily reports documenting the end of the Pruitt era. They were by far the best "insider" information I've seen posted here.
Thank you. I’ve never been an insider, and probably won’t be again. I just happened to know someone really close to the situation. The only thing that’s been amplified since then, is Pruitt was a really rotten human, and poor Phil covered for him way too long.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I’m hopeful whom ever gets better soon. I’m also hopeful everyone is ok for the game tomorrow.

However

I’m not entirely sure why folks are still arguing about this…….seriously.

The “WHO” (along with most in the scientific community) has stated publicly this virus is not going away. We will not “vax” our way out of this (although we were told this would happen). They have publicly stated this will be around most likely forever, becoming like the flu.

Look…….. if you old, if your very unhealthy, if you’ve recently had cancer, or if your morbidly obese you need to take the poke………at least think seriously about your options.

If your none of those things (listed above) and you have an average immune system……..heck take the poke if you want and don’t if you don’t want………..it’s really that simple.

If your under 12……..I guess do what your folks say……..however the “science” says…….you don’t need the poke.

Over 90% of folks that wind up in the hospital with the Rona are very overweight……….however we are not told to “eat” more healthy, we are not told to try and lose weight………that doesn’t make anyone enough $$.

We’re also not told to take immune boosting supplements or to take vitamin D, or really ANYTHING that can help you “avoid” the coof or lessen its impact……….only the poke. However after 90 days the poke becomes much less effective……..and after 6 months it’s almost negligible.

Come on folks we’re not dumb……..we’ve lived with all kinds of stuff all our lives…….however suddenly “only” one thing works…………..when people making the decisions have a “vested” interest…….one needs to “think.”

The Rona is real, the poke is also real………however it’s NOT for everyone, nor is it an/the be all or end all. You can still get the Rona and you can still give the Rona…….EVERYONE can.

Some folks desperately “need” the poke and they should definitely get poked……..if it’s been 6 months (since the poke or since you’ve had the Rona) you need it again……………if you not old and your healthy……..the science says you can make your own choice (because the chances of hospitalization or death are extremely low…..almost too low to count)…….do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I seriously don’t get all the arguing. A poke helps only you, a mask helps only you…….most folks aren’t demons simply because they don’t take one………even if people “tweet” that they are.

Furthermore folks who take a poke aren’t necessarily “liberal”, and it doesn’t make them bad or smug or anything………..we don’t need to keep letting those in power to divide us………each side does it…….and they do it every time………..and really neither side is different……..their the same and they do basically the same thing.

So hey take a poke
Or hey don’t take a poke

But you know this is a basketball section……right?

Thank you. I’ve never been an insider, and probably won’t be again. I just happened to know someone really close to the situation. The only thing that’s been amplified since then, is Pruitt was a really rotten human, and poor Phil covered for him way too long.

I deeply appreciated you sharing what you knew here. I've never seen anything like it -- over a period of several weeks, everything you broke here would wind up being confirmed in the media days later.

I’m hopeful whom ever gets better soon. I’m also hopeful everyone is ok for the game tomorrow.

However

I’m not entirely sure why folks are still arguing about this…….seriously.

The “WHO” (along with most in the scientific community) has stated publicly this virus is not going away. We will not “vax” our way out of this (although we were told this would happen). They have publicly stated this will be around most likely forever, becoming like the flu.

Look…….. if you old, if your very unhealthy, if you’ve recently had cancer, or if your morbidly obese you need to take the poke………at least think seriously about your options.

If your none of those things (listed above) and you have an average immune system……..heck take the poke if you want and don’t if you don’t want………..it’s really that simple.

If your under 12……..I guess do what your folks say……..however the “science” says…….you don’t need the poke.

Over 90% of folks that wind up in the hospital with the Rona are very overweight……….however we are not told to “eat” more healthy, we are not told to try and lose weight………that doesn’t make anyone enough $$.

We’re also not told to take immune boosting supplements or to take vitamin D, or really ANYTHING that can help you “avoid” the coof or lessen its impact……….only the poke. However after 90 days the poke becomes much less effective……..and after 6 months it’s almost negligible.

Come on folks we’re not dumb……..we’ve lived with all kinds of stuff all our lives…….however suddenly “only” one thing works…………..when people making the decisions have a “vested” interest…….one needs to “think.”

The Rona is real, the poke is also real………however it’s NOT for everyone, nor is it an/the be all or end all. You can still get the Rona and you can still give the Rona…….EVERYONE can.

Some folks desperately “need” the poke and they should definitely get poked……..if it’s been 6 months (since the poke or since you’ve had the Rona) you need it again……………if you not old and your healthy……..the science says you can make your own choice (because the chances of hospitalization or death are extremely low…..almost too low to count)…….do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I seriously don’t get all the arguing. A poke helps only you, a mask helps only you…….most folks aren’t demons simply because they don’t take one………even if people “tweet” that they are.

Furthermore folks who take a poke aren’t necessarily “liberal”, and it doesn’t make them bad or smug or anything………..we don’t need to keep letting those in power to divide us………each side does it…….and they do it every time………..and really neither side is different……..their the same and they do basically the same thing.

So hey take a poke
Or hey don’t take a poke

But you know this is a basketball section……right?

reading-trump.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
They don't want to face the Truth; since they bought in to the rhetoric 100%. Who to blame when them & most of the Players are Jabbed? Maybe they should search Dr. Malone, who created the mRna shot.

Amazing how some have tried to paint Dr. Malone as "anti-vax"...lol. Like Dr. Malone, Dr. McCullough and Dr. Geert Vanden Bosche (among others) have also shown uncommon courage to speak out and leverage their reputations to counter the narratives from the Big Pharma puppets (i.e., MSM, NIH, etc...).

Amazing how some have tried to paint Dr. Malone as "anti-vax"...lol. Like Dr. Malone, Dr. McCullough and Dr. Geert Vanden Bosche (among others) have also shown uncommon courage to speak out and leverage their reputations to counter the narratives from the Big Pharma puppets (i.e., MSM, NIH, etc...).

And the Pipsqueak. (pharma Puppet)

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
But the sheriff knows his stuff otherwise I would not be the sheriff. It's not a conspiracy if it's accurate. Oh wait. It's labeled a conspiracy by those who manipulate the data.
The great thing about Conspiracyville is everyone thinks they’re smart enough to be the sheriff, but no one is.

Last edited:
From my experiences, you are exactly right. Most people have no accurate clue or perception of how the FDA really works or how they have operated in the past. The bottom line is that pharmaceutical companies are never going to go through the expense and the time involved when off-label uses are an option. There are so many other complexities within this scenario as well that most will never know. Yet, there are those who will continue to make judgments without having anywhere near the expertise.
The problem that big pharma has with off label use (if it is shown to be effective) is that you can't get a EUA for a vaccine because there is something already out there that does effectively the same thing.

Interesting with So many people vaccinated this year there are more issues with this than there were last season prior to the vaccine.
The populace is letting their guard down as they become vaccinated. Am guilty myself…tighten up!

Reactions: NighthawkVol
The populace is letting their guard down as they become vaccinated. Am guilty myself…tighten up!

yes because the two dose “vaccine” coupled with the “booster” has proven so effective against Covid Omicron.

Whatever you say.

Ridiculous for the most part. When are we going to start holding players out for the flu and common cold too? Since this variant ( Omicron) is basically nothing more than a case of sniffles and maybe a sore throat for those that have had the vaccine?

VN Store

Back