More Boilermakers out

Who cares Just want to watch one last game in this miserable year
I agree. I will definitely enjoy watching but I'm not looking at it as more than it is.

I do hope Heupel gets a lead and then plays some guys who don't get a lot of playing time. It's a reward for them AND avoids potential injury to our returning starters.

Hard for me to be excited about beating teams that are crippled by missing players. Much rather both teams be at full strength and to win against teams at their best.

Tennessee could always move to the Southern Conference if we want to just play teams with no chance to win..
Oh the financial implications borne of a few fan opinions on a message board. 😔

I don't care how we get a win, just get it. We aren't in position to be arrogant about only wanting the best to play against. We need to keep the positive momentum from this season moving forward. A loss would be a setback. I'm in favor of anything that increases our chances. We're already missing Taylor, our best running back of the season, and possibly Cade Mays (best OL).

People calling COVID nonsense are the reason a lot of people have COVID. It’s dangerous and I’ve seen people die from it. People I loved. If you don’t know what you are talking about don’t put it out there.

Covid is a respiratory virus and is dangerous to some people and merely annoying to most.
Covid "nonsense" is a political virus and is a dangerous weapon in the hands of power hungry people and annoying to everyone.

Outzen was actually the third string quarterback.

And yet he beat the Gators and FSU was still the odds-on favorite to beat us with him at QB. I recall many FSU fans saying that Outzen gave them a better chance to win because of his scrambling ability. I guess we can say that Hooker is sort of a 3rd string QB, since he was listed on the depth chart as 2a or 2b at the beginning of the season.

Hard for me to be excited about beating teams that are crippled by missing players. Much rather both teams be at full strength and to win against teams at their best.

Tennessee could always move to the Southern Conference if we want to just play teams with no chance to win..
True but the answer from UT here should be:

It's not our problem

If Purdue has tons of guys out for whatever reason, it's not our problem. We should still go out there and play our best game. If their players are such dumbasses that they can't pass enough classes to be eligible then the hell with 'em.

Covid is a respiratory virus and is dangerous to some people and merely annoying to most.
Covid "nonsense" is a political virus and is a dangerous weapon in the hands of power hungry people and annoying to everyone.

Not to mention the trillions of dollars that has been made or appropriated as a result of the government's response -- not the virus, but the response. Two things I wish more people would keep in mind: know your history and ALWAYS follow the money.

Reactions: Tnslim1
While I think that's entirely possible, Brohm doesn't strike me as the kind of coach that would run from a game, even if he is outmatched.

The guy was a realy competitor in his college and XFL days, and he seems to have an old school mentality about him.
Never thought I’d see a proud program like A&M dodge a game

I have had COVID twice, in February before they closed everything down and again (Delta) in August. I am fully immunized with booster and have antibodies from both the infection and immunizations according to my MD. My wife has O- blood will not get the vaccine and has no antibodies and can not seem to get it. She has been going everywhere and recently retired from a medical facility. Go figure.

The original COVID was like a mild case of the flu and the second time like a light cold. I am a senior slightly obese diabetic male out in the work force every day with lots of exposure.

Just mysterious to me how the disease is picking winners and losers.

Questionable COVID will present in same patient twice. If so, very very rare (per CDC site and Dr. Peter McCullough). It is a one and done condition covering all variants.

To my knowledge, everybody thats sitting out bowl games not because of Covid are doing it for hopes of NFL. Nothing says winner like playing all year then sitting out the championship game, (albeit, Bowl Champion) but yeah buddy, "sitting on my team"says "you need me" to pro scouts, yessssiirrreeee bob.

NFL teams don't give a **** if a player skips their bowl game.

I'll never understand this line of thinking. Beating someone that's nowhere near their best means exactly what? If it's just a win hell let's move to the MAC. We can get all kinds there

Using that logic, our 98 national championship says hello. They were without a heisman QB in Chris Weinke. You were saying???

Reactions: mercuryvol
Didn’t our team skip a bowl game just last year for “Covid???”.

Last edited:
Wow...you've solved it!! Get this post to the NCAA, NBA, NFL, and all local hospitals asap so that they can just start ignoring this silly annoying virus.

Okay did a deep dive on the Purdue board. Looks like Wright and Mackey are out for academic issues.

One of them also said that there's probably no good team in the country that was more reliant on their two best players than they were...

Now this game is getting to the point that it will look really bad if we lose

Side note one of the Purdue posters had a great idea!

Swab your nostrils with isopropyl alcohol to tamper with your covid test! Brilliant!
Better yet, swab with bleach!
(blue font)

At this point, I'd be surprised if we actually play the bowl game

VN Store

Back