Montgomery to Cal

Interesting that they would hire a guy whose career was built at Stanford. The game in Palo Alto next year will be very interesting. Montgomery's a good coach and a class guy. Good to have him back in the college game.

Interesting that they would hire a guy whose career was built at Stanford. The game in Palo Alto next year will be very interesting. Montgomery's a good coach and a class guy. Good to have him back in the college game.

some alumni will certainly cringe, but cal basketball is relavant again. something i couldn't have said for 10 years. and hiring "the savior" at cal turns the knife in stanford a bit. that is enjoyable.

who knows. he's a little old. but he has always hire good assistants and i imagine that will continue. i'd hope he wouldn't take the job if he wasn't going to give it at least 5 years.

I think droski likes this hire more as a jab at Stanford...

Either way, he will be good but I don't see him sticking around for that long.

Droski, have the hippies left the trees yet? That was the only funny part about the game last year for me.

This move somewhat reminds me of Pitino from Kentucky then NBA to Louisville, except Montgomery just took a break before going to Cal.

I was there last week on business. They are still in the trees.

yup. what people don't realize though is they aren't the reason for the delay of the new facility. the city is suing the university and that's delaying stuff. the treetards get all the media attention and credit, but really aren't doing anything.

Do they have paying jobs?

no. i've told this story a couple of times. . . when their leader got arrested for mouthing off to a police officer they needed to post bail for him. apparently to post bail you need to be employed. they sent out an email to supporters asking if anyone knew anyone who was employed who could post his bail. :birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back