Money people upset

Don't know how true it is but heard from
someone who spends a lot of time on computers that the money people are upset with Fulmer and Pruitt . Maybe some of you other posters could check other websites and find out if it is. Don't want to start rumors.

I wouldn't trust that computer source code to take proper action, it sounds like a lot of bits with no byte

So he did good by retaining Rick Barnes and has baseball “rolling?” Did he hire Barnes or just “retain” him? It wouldn’t take a stroke of genius to retain him, although I thought Barnes underachieved a few years ago when that team was loaded. You missed me on baseball “rolling.” Did they win the SEC or something? Make it to the CWS? If I missed that I’ll stand corrected.

Look, if you’re happy with the direction of Fulmer’s Dollar General athletic program, keep showing your support. You’ll be stuck in the same cycle until he’s gone. He needs to be done, Pruitt needs to be gone and UT needs two top notch guys to take their places.
Dollar general??? Barnes is too 5 head coach nationally... you understand that? Also when UCLA comes calling retaining a basketball coach is something to be celebrated and commended. Do you comprehend that? Logic ain’t your forte...

Dollar general??? Barnes is too 5 head coach nationally... you understand that? Also when UCLA comes calling retaining a basketball coach is something to be celebrated and commended. Do you comprehend that? Logic ain’t your forte...
The only thing that kept Barnes from going to UCLA was the buyout figure. He wanted to be in LA.

Reactions: govols105 and Jaws
No it had to do with Barnes and UCLA not being able to agree on the buyout figure. Exactly like Barnes has publicly stated on multiple occasions.
So at the end of the day he wanted to be in Knoxville.... you can always say maybe things would be different if the money was different...

Congrats on Barnes, I guess. Keep Fulmer because he retained Barnes. Got it.

CoVID =Rainy day? Sure thing db

Rainy day fund meaning:

“A reserved amount of money to be used in times when regular income is disrupted or decreased in order for typical operations to continue.”

An alternative to a rainy day fund is begging coaches to forgo their salary.

Rainy day fund seems better.

You’re not good at this.

Reactions: UTwild82
Congrats on Barnes, I guess. Keep Fulmer because he retained Barnes. Got it.
I just don’t get it. If Spurrier had been hired as AD at UF when you all hired Stricklin, every Tennessee fan would have laughed their asses off, and rightfully so. This isn’t the 80’s or 90’s when football coaches routinely were elevated to AD.

Reactions: Jaws
Third party member here, apparently there are rumors of some substantial off field issues going on. After hearing Tony the past few weeks dropping hints at other issues beyond the 8 assistants not taking pay cuts I assumed it was conspiracy theories. Hearing it again from an unrelated source I’m inclined to believe there are issues going on.

I just don’t get it. If Spurrier had been hired as AD at UF when you all hired Stricklin, every Tennessee fan would have laughed their asses off, and rightfully so.

Agree. And thankfully Spurrier loved the University enough to understand he’d be “over his skis” as an Athletic Director. Fulmer needs to realize the same for the betterment of Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Rainy day fund meaning:

A reserved amount of money to be used in times when regular income is disrupted or decreased in order for typical operations to continue.

You’re not good at this.
Rainy day fund meaning:

“A reserved amount of money to be used in times when regular income is disrupted or decreased in order for typical operations to continue.”

An alternative to a rainy day fund is begging coaches to forgo their salary.

Rainy day fund seems better.

You’re not good at this.
Asking your fans for donations because of 50 million dollars in losses?
Florida projects loss of $50 million in athletics revenue
I think you re worse....

We can't have it both ways. Either we don't want the money people involved (mainly Haslems) or we want them to step up.

The sad fact could be that we don't have any money people like other universities. The Haslems may just be the straw that stirs the drink...

Asking your fans for donations because of 50 million dollars in losses?
Florida projects loss of $50 million in athletics revenue
I think you re worse....

Guess what, Florida has a rainy day fund. That’s how they’ve continued to keep major facility upgrades going without interruption and pay their coaches their complete salaries. The link you attached only highlights other smart moves by Stricklin, asking big money boosters for donations and offering options for season ticket holders (including me).

Like everyone else, UF will have a huge loss in revenue and even smartly planned rainy day funds stretch only so far. If you’re saying you’d take Fulmer’s ability to think like a businessman and CEO over Scott Stricklin, well, there’s no hope for you.

Also, Stricklin hired Mullen, Fulmer hired Pruitt.

Guess what, Florida has a rainy day fund. That’s how they’ve continued to keep major facility upgrades going without interruption and pay their coaches their complete salaries. The link you attached only highlights other smart moves by Stricklin, asking big money boosters for donations and offering options for season ticket holders (including me).

Like everyone else, UF will have a huge loss in revenue and even smartly planned rainy day funds stretch only so far. If you’re saying you’d take Fulmer’s ability to think like a businessman and CEO over Scott Stricklin, well, there’s no hope for you.

Also, Stricklin hired Mullen, Fulmer hired Pruitt.
They literally are asking fans for donations... but yeah ... rainy day fund is doing super well...get off your high horse

They literally are asking fans for donations... but yeah ... rainy day fund is doing super well...get off your high horse

They’re asking boosters for donations, as does literally every University in America, and season ticket holders to consider several options.

I’m thrilled with AD Scott Stricklin. You’re thrilled with Fulmer. All’s well.

VN Store

Back