Mock NBA Draft 1.0

SNAFU

8. Orlando Magic (via Chicago) – Keon Johnson, G, Tennessee, 19 years old
We already have Kuminga off the board to Orlando in this mock, so let’s give them the craziest athlete in the draft. If you haven’t watched Johnson dunk before, open a new tab and head to YouTube to check it out. There’s a lot to like about his game. He has the potential to be a relentless attacker, and his athleticism makes him a threat to be around the rim in the blink of an eye.
I don’t think his jumper is as bad as the numbers say. He’s a decent free throw shooter and he’s pretty solid in the midrange. I think that deeper shot will be there for him. He should be a terror defensively. He’s good on the ball, and should be able to compete against multiple positions, despite being just 6-foot-5. Orlando could potentially have an insane athletic lineup in this rebuild.

26. Denver Nuggets – Jaden Springer, G, Tennessee, 18 years old
The Nuggets need some guard depth, especially with the Jamal Murray recovery far from over. I like the fit with Springer here because he gives them defense, he gives them shooting, and he’s a better passer than his assist numbers might indicate. He can be a light version of what Murray is for them until Murray is back to full strength.

Zach Harper The Athletic

Keon is pretty much going there. I don't see how they pass that much potential just starting a rebuild

While his vertical took all the headlines, he measured in smaller than expected with a shorter wingspan than expected. Apparently some evaluators now seem him as having to be a combo guard now since he is under 6'4" and not a wing. Some scouts dropped him to a mid-late first round pick on their boards now because of that. I still think he is a lottery pick, but I don't think he is a top 10 lock anymore.

While his vertical took all the headlines, he measured in smaller than expected with a shorter wingspan than expected. Apparently some evaluators now seem him as having to be a combo guard now since he is under 6'4" and not a wing. Some scouts dropped him to a mid-late first round pick on their boards now because of that. I still think he is a lottery pick, but I don't think he is a top 10 lock anymore.
Im seeing mocks of Keon to the Pacers at #13. Tbh that's around where I expected him unless he shows he can shoot.

VN Store

Back