'24 MO WR Jeremiah McClellan

Saint Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers College four-star wide receiver Jeremiah McClellan first visited Tennessee for a camp three years ago. He returned to the Volunteers on Jan. 14 and was “Surprised.That visit right there really helped push them up higher on my radar,” McClellan told On3. “I really, really like Tennessee right now.”
“The staff made me feel like I was the only target there,” he shared earlier. “They made me feel amazing, like I was really the target they were looking for. I talked to the head coach for a while. I talked to (wide receivers) coach (Kelsey) Pope for a really long time and they were just discussing their plan for me, telling me how I would succeed at Tennessee if I were to go there. They made me really feel like a big target for them.”
“I got to talk to the coaching staff. They had an amazing plan… I had a great experience with the fans, I was there at the basketball game, I had a great photo shoot and the facilities are amazing too.” “The biggest highlight, I would probably say, was most definitely spending that one-on-one time with coach Pope and then, the head coach,” McClellan said. “Just me talking to them both and them showing me their plan for me, that really was definitely the highlight of my visit.”
-Simmons

“It was a really great visit,” said McClellan, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 153 overall prospect and No. 32 wide receiver in the 2024 class and the No. 4 junior from the state of Missouri. “I really like Tennessee now, actually, and I want to definitely get to know (wide receivers) coach (Kelsey) Pope and them a little bit more. They have a great plan for me if I go there, so it would be really good. I like them a lot.”
Asked whether the visit changed his view of the Vols, he said, “It made them more of a factor — I’ll say that.”
“It’s the coaching staff — the coaching staff and the offense they run,” he said. “(I like) just Coach Pope and how genuine he is, and how he really, actually cares about the kids and how he has a plan for me. …

“(The visit) definitely did show me how I could fit into the offense a little bit. They said that I’m a physical receiver, and they’ll have me going inside and outside — so, like, a combo guy.”
“I’m definitely going to go back down there for a spring practice and see how Coach Pope puts all the stuff on paper onto the field.”
“We’re really close,” McClellan said of Wingo. “We both knew we were going to take a visit up there, like, a long time ago.”

Vols continue to make strides with is wideout Jeremiah McClellan. He came away from his January visit impressed and has stayed in constant communication with the staff. He feels like a priority and loves the plan they have shown him for his potential fit in the offense. He has a strong connection with Ryan Wingo as well, as the two like the idea of potentially playing together at the next level. - On3

“I think I probably enjoyed being around the coaching staff more,” McClellan said of the recent visit to Knoxville. “They showed that I was a priority to them and that I was wanted. “It was really great being around all of them,” McClellan said of this. “I got to sit down, me, my mom and dad and my little brother, and talk with Coach Pope. Coach Heupel came in too, and we got to talk with him. It was great getting to know both of them and see what their plan is for me, actually.”
“They want me to move everywhere,” McClellan said of what he learned about his potential fit in the Tennessee offense. “Slot and outside. They said like Jalin Hyatt, they want me to play like him. Obviously, they want me to be better than him, but they want me to be a Biletnikoff Award Winner.”“It felt great to hear they think that I can do that,” McClellan added on this. “They think I am capable of that, and they want to get me the ball like that.”
“The offense is actually similar to our offense,” McClellan said of what has stood out about Tennessee’s offense. “They run a hurry-up tempo. They run the ball well. They throw the ball a lot. They run it with signals, so I love the offense. It would be pretty easy for me to get used to if I went there.”“I actually just got done talking with the whole coaching staff yesterday, I talked with literally the whole coaching staff. I talked with Coach Pope again today, so it was really good to talk to everybody and feel wanted. Just building that relationship with all of the coaches.”
“Just the fact that Coach Pope is down to earth and knows exactly what he is talking about,” McClellan said of this. “He has a great plan for me. Our relationship is really good. He has a great relationship with my mom and dad, too, so just him making sure that he knows my mom and dad are involved in the decision, too, really means a lot to me.”“First off, I am going to say the coaching staff and my relationship with the coaching staff,” McClellan said. “Then I want to say academics, but I know all of the schools have great academics. How they are developing their receivers because, ultimately, the next goal is to get to the league. The area, the people there, and if I can live there for the next four years.”
-VQ

The buzz: It looks to be fairly open for Jeremiah McClellan. The school doing the best job recruiting the four-star wide receiver may be Oregon. The Ducks will receive an official visit, but distance could be a factor. LSU, Ohio State and Tennessee are three more schools high on McClellan’s list. His focus is on track now, but once that is done, he is expected to turn his attention to recruiting and start locking in official visits. A decision timeline is still not locked in. Georgia is another school in the mix for an official visit. He could visit Athens early in June. This race is expected to really start taking shape early in the summer.

Simmons Scoop: Tennessee is a hot name in the Midwest

VN Store

Back