‘23 MO EDGE Samuel M’Pemba (UGA commit)

Not gonna work in the SEC
It is in fact the ONLY thing that will work other than TN becoming a hotbed of blue chip players who are Vol homers. Dabo wasn't recruiting a bunch of untalented players who were rightly rated low. He was finding 3* guys with 4/5* talent and developing them. If UT is ever going to rise into the top tier... that's what it will take.

It is in fact the ONLY thing that will work other than TN becoming a hotbed of blue chip players who are Vol homers. Dabo wasn't recruiting a bunch of untalented players who were rightly rated low. He was finding 3* guys with 4/5* talent and developing them. If UT is ever going to rise into the top tier... that's what it will take.
Yep…. I saw a show a few years back and they re ranked classes….. All of those Clemson classes ended up in the top 5….. we need that type of scouting and development.

Clemson wasn’t…. There were 14, 15, 11, and 9 before the first championship that they won….. we need to follow their pattern for growing our program.
I agree with following Clemson's blueprint from last decade.

We kickstarted it by going down in flames and tossing Boyd in their lap.

I agree with following Clemson's blueprint from last decade.

We kickstarted it by going down in flames and tossing Boyd in their lap.
Yep…. We have nico….. get a few other stars….. not miss on many players( have solid players) and we are on our way….. Wanting us to recruit like Bama and Georgia at the start of this rebuild will leave everyone disappointed.

Yep…. We have nico….. get a few other stars….. not miss on many players( have solid players) and we are on our way….. Wanting us to recruit like Bama and Georgia at the start of this rebuild will leave everyone disappointed.
Yes. We don't even have our depth solidified. Well on our way, but you need depth, then pillars of leadership, then stars.

Those take most other programs 1 year at a time to phase in. Some teams (cough Bama) were able to do it all at once with legendary leadership, and an abundance of well-aligned re$ource$.

We have a chance to align our resources (legally) if our fans will stop finding reasons to keep us in the basement.

Clemson wasn’t…. There were 14, 15, 11, and 9 before the first championship that they won….. we need to follow their pattern for growing our program.
I agree. The one position that you must absolutely have a stud is QB. A great QB can mask a lot of roster deficiencies, but a bad one can really hinder an otherwise solid team

I agree. The one position that you must absolutely have a stud is QB. A great QB can mask a lot of roster deficiencies, but a bad one can really hinder an otherwise solid team
That’s has been our problem for years look back and see who we’ve had. Who was our last good qb?

Reactions: volbeast33
Yes. We don't even have our depth solidified. Well on our way, but you need depth, then pillars of leadership, then stars.

Those take most other programs 1 year at a time to phase in. Some teams (cough Bama) were able to do it all at once with legendary leadership, and an abundance of well-aligned re$ource$.

We have a chance to align our resources (legally) if our fans will stop finding reasons to keep us in the basement.
I agree 100%

If the staff can stay in the top 15 in recruiting every year and grab a top 10 class every now and then then we should be able to compete (so long as that talent is developed).....maybe not every year, but maybe every 3rd year. Any team that consistently recruits outside of the top 15 has no chance to be competitive in the SEC. Zero chance.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Probably but I said compete and playing those teams week in and week out would eventually expose them. Different doing that every week vs one game a year.
We over rate that part of it…. That team would have been in contention for the sec championship and national championships every year…. They were very talented.

VN Store

Back