MLB The Show

The thing I love about this game compared to others is you can build a legit team by grinding offline modes (single player) and don’t have to spend money. Pretty refreshing.
It's a huge plus over HUT and I assume the other EA games. The market system is too simple to exploit, really.

This is a great game. My hitting is inconsistent, but hopefully I'll get better. I haven't played much of this series so I'm basically a beginner. The DD team is looking solid though. If only I could rip packs and get results like @BearCat204.

It's a huge plus over HUT and I assume the other EA games. The market system is too simple to exploit, really.
The parallel system is fantastic. I'll be surprised if more sports games don't copy it.

Finally finished the team. I have an all diamond lineup. All diamond starting rotation and a loaded bullpen. Now if only I can hit

Finally finished the team. I have an all diamond lineup. All diamond starting rotation and a loaded bullpen. Now if only I can hit
Hitting is so hard this year. I found if I do BP in practice mode like 15-30 minutes before I hop into a game I’m a lot better. Timing is just so damn important this year and it’s hard to stay consistent with out a little warm up.

Hitting is so hard this year. I found if I do BP in practice mode like 15-30 minutes before I hop into a game I’m a lot better. Timing is just so damn important this year and it’s hard to stay consistent with out a little warm up.
I've found it doesn't really matter how hard you practice, at least to me. I can perfect/perfect myself right into a double play, or I can slightly early/off a bit on the PCI myself into a homerun. It's all RNG, and that's infuriating for a competitive game.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
If you're not familiar, don't overthink your lineup in BR. Stack your lineup from best hitter at 1 and so on through 8. You'll likely only get through 1.5 times so you want guys who can mash hitting vs the prototypical leadoff guys

This game is great but I suck something terrible.

I consistently swing at sliders half a mile outside the strike zone.

Last edited:

I consistently swing at sliders have a mile outside the strike zone.

everyone does, myself included. slider pitchers are elite in the game because of it. I think the worst pitches are sinkers this year, though. seems like everyone is used to that by now and my sinker's get crushed a lot of the time

I consistently swing at sliders half a mile outside the strike zone.
Curveballs have been my kryptonite for years. Having guys who can check swing well helps, and check in on your opponents pitch chart every now and then. Folks tend to be fairly predictable over a 30 pitch sample size.

Threw a no hitter with Pedro in RS, would've been perfect but threw a dropped 3rd strike into right field.

Question: was thinking about getting ‘21, I have 19 for PS4. I mainly play franchise mode. Is it worth getting a new PS4 edition? Or just stay with ‘19?

Question: was thinking about getting ‘21, I have 19 for PS4. I mainly play franchise mode. Is it worth getting a new PS4 edition? Or just stay with ‘19?
Haven't played franchise for years, but I'd assume that improvements are minor for that mode, seeing as it's probably a distant third in popularity of their game styles.

Gameplay is very good but don't think enough to justify buying it for solely that mode.

Haven't played franchise for years, but I'd assume that improvements are minor for that mode, seeing as it's probably a distant third in popularity of their game styles.

Gameplay is very good but don't think enough to justify buying it for solely that mode.

Yeah especially since I do quick manage mode for regular season and then play just the playoffs.

Honestly, I really wish they would do a 2K style franchise mode. Like it’s solid, but it feels antiquated compared to NHL and NBA 2K

Got a Hader and Bauer in back to back packs. Hader is borderline unfair vs the CPU, will turn him loose on RS later this week

VN Store

Back