MLB 2024 1st around draft Tennessee

SNAFU

26. NYY -

Christian Moore, 2B, Tennessee​

Moore has probably performed his way into the first round, even though the underlying tools and instincts don’t support it. He’s hit 23 homers and has a .380/.446/.774 line (through Monday) as part of the Vols’ loaded lineup, where five hitters already have 15 or more homers. I could also see them on Ryan Waldschmidt or Jordan.

The Athletic

I thought Burke had vastly improved his D this season. He has a .990 fielding percent with only 4 errors. That's pretty dang good, especially considering the rotation with the younger guys at SS earlier this season.
Yeah, I feel like this is someone who hasn’t watched Burke very closely this season, yet is trying to come across as informed.

Yeah, I feel like this is someone who hasn’t watched Burke very closely this season, yetvis trying to come across as informed.
As someone who’s watched the majority of the games that he’s played in, Ive noticed the improvement. He’s so much more flexible on the bag and makes some great adjustments on throws. Not to mention he’s found his bat again.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
As someone who’s watched the majority of the games that he’s played in, Ive noticed the improvement. He’s so much more flexible on the bag and makes some great adjustments on throws. Not to mention he’s found his bat again.
Vast improvement imo.
He may not be a “great” 1st baseman, but he’s certainly a “good” one.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
I thought Burke had vastly improved his D this season. He has a .990 fielding percent with only 4 errors. That's pretty dang good, especially considering the rotation with the younger guys at SS earlier this season.
He's my "surprise" player this season. I really thought he'd lose his job after last season. What he's accomplished through work in the off season and the year he's had is just phenomenal. Gotta give him all the credit in the world.

Gonna be honest....the draft is gonna be a dark, dark day for this UT baseball fan. We're gonna be gutted and it won't be pretty.

I swear that it always seems like Arkansas pops up on our SEC schedule during a reloading year. We never seem to play them during a prime year for us under Coach TV.
We played them in 21 and 23, two years we reached the CWS…we have played them every other year like clockwork since 2013 so I am not following…this is true BVS at its finest…21

We played them in 21 and 23, two years we reached the CWS…we have played them every other year like clockwork since 2013 so I am not following…this is true BVS at its finest…21

Hey, that's your choice if you want to judge a team based solely on a CWS appearance and not factor in the SEC regular season at all, which is the part of the season that I specifically mentioned in my previous post.

The '22 team was better overall on paper than the '21 team and their record setting regular season seems to prove that.

The '23 team came out of the gate slow due to so many new pieces. The '24 team is currently ranked #1.

Hey, that's your choice if you want to judge a team based solely on a CWS appearance and not factor in the SEC regular season at all, which is the part of the season that I specifically mentioned in my previous post.

The '22 team was better overall on paper than the '21 team and their record setting regular season seems to prove that.

The '23 team came out of the gate slow due to so many new pieces. The '24 team is currently ranked #1.
We have been one of the top teams in college baseball for 5 years now and 2019 was a solid club as well. There really aren’t any down years for this program anymore. Think like a big dog because that is what we are. You can split hairs all you want but every team we field is capable of beating any team in the country.

We have been one of the top teams in college baseball for 5 years now and 2019 was a solid club as well. There really aren’t any down years for this program anymore. Think like a big dog because that is what we are. You can split hairs all you want but every team we field is capable of beating any team in the country.
Again, I said during our "prime" years in reference to the SEC schedule. Never said that we weren't capable of beating them during a relatively down year.

We just tend to play them when we're building back up during the TV era.

Again, I said during our "prime" years in reference to the SEC schedule. Never said that we weren't capable of beating them during a relatively down year.

We just tend to play them when we're building back up during the TV era.
They have all been prime years. The 21 team was a top 8 national seed and got to play Arkansas inside LNS and in Hoover…we aren’t building back up to anything and we havent in quite some time…we are that good of a program…there is basically no drop offs or down years man..sorry

Not sure we got the bullets to reload with this time around.
Well, for starters, UT is bringing in the #2 class in America. Will some go pro? Yes. But all won’t. Second, the portal. Because that’s how the game is played these days.

UT is gonna get gutted every year. And UT is gonna reload every year. It’s what big boy programs do.

I’d say Tony will go after 2 or 3 high level position portal transfers and a couple of elite pitchers , I’m sure they have some what of an idea about our high school guys and the draft , Tony’s been pretty good in the portal thus far , I think if everyone returns we’ll have 8 or 9 guys that have started games this year , Curley has been good Chapman solid Peebles really good defensively but needs to be better offensively , Bargo solid Ensley pretty solid , Antigua really good defensively just not many at bats , Villenueve up and down , that’s a solid group to choose from , 3 elite transfers could make a really good lineup , several good pitchers returning but you can’t ever have enough pitching

Well, for starters, UT is bringing in the #2 class in America. Will some go pro? Yes. But all won’t. Second, the portal. Because that’s how the game is played these days.

UT is gonna get gutted every year. And UT is gonna reload every year. It’s what big boy programs do.
I hope you are right about some not going pro…I think they all might though

VN Store

Back