Mizzou’s top thread after their AD stepped down today

I know they thought they were going to get the KC and St Louis market but Mizzou is not a college sports state, at least not football. Taking them away from Kansas, their long time rival did a lot to them.

This shows just how into college football they are (not).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I know they thought they were going to get the KC and St Louis market but Mizzou is not a college sports state, at least not football. Taking them away from Kansas, their long time rival did a lot to them.

I would actually be fine with expansion if we could get schools back to where they need to be.

Ex. if we go to 4 super conferences of 20, let's have Kansas, Kansas St, Mizzou, Nebraska, and somebody in a pod. Get WV back to a conference where they can play PITT, etc.

I would actually be fine with expansion if we could get schools back to where they need to be.

Ex. if we go to 4 super conferences of 20, let's have Kansas, Kansas St, Mizzou, Nebraska, and somebody in a pod. Get WV back to a conference where they can play PITT, etc.
The rivalries always change though. 50 years ago nobody would have thought we would stop playing Auburn, Ole Miss, Ga Tech and UNC. Before the 90s, we barely played UGA or Florida.

I've lived in Missouri for 20 years. My son graduated from Mizzou. To the fan... Mizzou supporters are proud and happy to be in the SEC. Much more so than in the Big 8/12 since they feel they are treated with more respect rather than being consistently 2nd class.

They had some rough times here recently when it appeared the AD was balking at getting rid of the last coach... but they also funded, approved, and built a significant stadium expansion since joining the SEC. They have made some good inroads in those markets. KU is a big challenge for MU in Kansas City since half the city and the wealthiest suburbs are actually in Kansas. STL is just a weird, flaky city but MU's support in the suburbs is very strong.

If they get Danny White we will be looking for a new head coach, seeing how Danny White can't convince anyone else to take jobs.

Mizzou sucks and should’ve never been brought into the SEC
I concur but UT can’t say we have proven we are better against them. For some reason they have had our number. Plus got Lyle fired!

Attachments

• 406C54ED-6A32-4037-86C1-AFF4616165E2.jpeg
    406C54ED-6A32-4037-86C1-AFF4616165E2.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: MaTaLa
You should be booted from this board for the same reason.
. I speak the truth that some fans on here don’t want to hear and frankly I don’t care what you think of my opinion. Our football program is absolute garbage and there is no excuse that it should be as bad as it has been since 2008 zero excuses!!! I will always be a Tennesee fan but I don’t wear Orange tinted glasses 24/7 like you.

Missouri has always had a solid basketball program when Norm Stewart and Quin Snyder coached there and a good football program.

The rivalries always change though. 50 years ago nobody would have thought we would stop playing Auburn, Ole Miss, Ga Tech and UNC. Before the 90s, we barely played UGA or Florida.

Agree but there has to be some connections. Tennessee vs. Arizona is a hard rivalry to start but Tennessee vs. Georgia was easy. This is why I think Oklahoma and Texas had to go to SEC. In a way, the new rivalries they create/renew with SEC West opponents like Arkansas, Missouri, LSU, and Texas A&M are going to be bigger and better than any of the Big12 games they lost.

Agree but there has to be some connections. Tennessee vs. Arizona is a hard rivalry to start but Tennessee vs. Georgia was easy. This is why I think Oklahoma and Texas had to go to SEC. In a way, the new rivalries they create/renew with SEC West opponents like Arkansas, Missouri, LSU, and Texas A&M are going to be bigger and better than any of the Big12 games they lost.
If this ends in a world where OKLA, TX, ARK, A&M, MIZZOU, etc. are in the same pod. No harm no foul. Same with us being connected to at least UK, Vandy, and Bama. If it's going 16 at least, I'd love to get to 20. Much easier to balance rivalries and competition that way.

If this ends in a world where OKLA, TX, ARK, A&M, MIZZOU, etc. are in the same pod. No harm no foul. Same with us being connected to at least UK, Vandy, and Bama. If it's going 16 at least, I'd love to get to 20. Much easier to balance rivalries and competition that way.

I think we will still have two divisions. Moving Alabama and Auburn to East and Missouri to West with new teams makes most sense. You play 9 conference games (7 with division and 2 with other division). Although you only play 2 with the other division, if you change to a new opponent for each slot, each season, you will have played all 8 teams in a 4-year span. That isn't too bad and is about on par with the frequency we meet SEC West opponents now.

VN Store

Back