Missouri

BACKDOC

Can't find much info on them. I was thinking this might be a win since Locke left, but now they've picked up the Sr. transfer from Clemson. Did they have any defections post NCAA sanctions? Did they lose much from last year due to graduation?

Last edited:
Can't find much info on them. I was thinking this might be a win since Locke left, but now they've picked up the Sr. transfer from Clemson. Did they have an defections post NCAA sanctions? Did they lose much from last year due to graduation?

I think losing to Missouri makes me just as made as losing to Vandy. There is no reason at all why a storied program like Tennessee should ever lose to a football program like Missouri’s. Better recruits and resources. The recent administration and coaches who allowed for us to “play down” to the level of Missouri, Vandy, KY and SC should be fined heavily and to never walk in our campus again. To address you post: I am sad that we are even thinking about whether we have a chance of beating Missouri.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
We are the pencilled in date for counting victories every school that plays us has, including Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Blow us out by half time and let the starters rest fourth quarter. We are basically a bye week for sec teams at this point.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
We are the pencilled in date for counting victories every school that plays us has, including Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Blow us out by half time and let the starters rest fourth quarter. We are basically a bye week for sec teams at this point.

You saying such a things really pi$$es me. Then I think @ what you actually said, and just get depressed.

You saying such a things really pi$$es me. Then I think @ what you actually said, and just get depressed.

It pisses me off too.
The sooner the majority of fans stop accepting the crap the sooner it will end.
I think Fulmer is the beginning of change but we fans must be vocal and stop accepting mediocrity.

So us fans accepting or not accepting something we have no control over is going to change the nature of our program. That is ludicrous, I believe we will be back to the glory years of old, that is all I can do. Go Vols!

Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

But it will never happen.

Fans are loyal to a fault sometime. It’s almost like battered wife syndrome.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
Except Kentucky and Auburn right?

Prior to coming the SEC Missouri under Gary Pinkel was like top 5 in wins. They never won the Big 12 and couldn't beat Oklahoma but they slid into the SEC east at the most opportune time.

I don't know what they have coming back this year but it really sucks to be 2-5 all time against them. In the CPF era he was really good at going through November undefeated. He never had a Missouri to play against though. Currently I'd rate them a step up over Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Right on par with South Carolina.

I look for Tennessee/Mizz to be a real rivalry game 10-15 years down the road if the league keeps the current alignment

Trust me if the stadium went empty and the ratings dropped and the merchandise stopped moving then trust me they quickly take notice. 90k seats going empty is a revenue killer. UT must have the revenue to keep the lights on for every other sport but NCAAM.

It just sounds like a bandwagon fan, someone who just shows up when everything is turning up roses. Jmo

On a serious note, in the here and now, Missouri under Barry Odum is playing pretty sound fundamental football. They don't recruit lights out but they redshirt, develop and build their program along the lines of scrimmage. By the time their 3 star linemen are redshirt juniors and seniors, they can play in this league. If we want to ascend above them in the divisional pecking order we will have to earn it. I think Pruitt would say the same. The days of us being able to roll our helmets out there and intimidate anyone are over. We as fans have to be realistic about where our program is right now, in the here and now Missouri is a serious opponent for our Vols, this game will not be played 25, 50, or 75 years ago, nor will any of the others. The here and now is all that matters.

Understand I don't mean we have to be despondent and wring our hands that the sky is falling, that's usually not realistic either, I just mean, let's give the current coaching staff time to see if they can build a pretty good team with their redshirt juniors and seniors. We're 71st in wins this decade, we've got a long way to go.

Also, it's not fair to expect us to be a Top 5 football team by year 5, that is not Tennessee's baseline in modern times, that was our 90's high water mark. Our baseline is Top 20. Since the AP poll was founded in the 1930's we have been in the top 10 in wins 4 of the 9 decades, i.e., the 1930's, 40's, 50's, and 90's. You will note that is only 1 of the last 6. The rest of the time, we were high teens/low twenties, until the historic and unprecedented cellar dwellers we have become this decade (again 71st).

The initial rebuild, 4-6 years, realistically is to get us back to that modern baseline, consistently high teens/early twenties. We can reach the high water mark again, but it's going to take a while longer than some think, even with a good coach, especially considering modern demographics and the current lay of the land in the conference. We've got to get back to our baseline and be ready to step into a power vacuum when one presents itself.

Last edited:
I think losing to Missouri makes me just as made as losing to Vandy. There is no reason at all why a storied program like Tennessee should ever lose to a football program like Missouri’s. Better recruits and resources. The recent administration and coaches who allowed for us to “play down” to the level of Missouri, Vandy, KY and SC should be fined heavily and to never walk in our campus again. To address you post: I am sad that we are even thinking about whether we have a chance of beating Missouri.
Well you can thank our former ADs Hamilton and Hart for hiring football coaches like Dooley and Jones for that. It is gonna change we got Fulmer, and Pruitt now.

What does this even mean? Take notice? You think they are just fiddling their thumbs all day? What are they going to do in reaction? Free hot dog Octobers? More bag men? Another barber shop in the dorm?

If you want change, go be a part of the bagman network. Filling seats or not won't do anymore than it has the last 10 years.

Well you can thank our former ADs Hamilton and Hart for hiring football coaches like Dooley and Jones for that. It is gonna change we got Fulmer, and Pruitt now.

Is this post from Summer 2018? Sounds so familar. Like Pruitt is some magic wand.

Fact is the entire league is better than 20 years ago. This isn't your father's SEC and won't be again for the foreseeable future. Your daddy's UK or Miss St didn't average top 30 or 35 recruiting classes. The gap between us and them is now the same as between us and uga/bama (by recruiting averages). Ponder that...

All the "SEC!" crap has done is hurt our competitive advantages. We never needed the conference "pull" to get players. Now everyone is enjoying it and they have lessened the gap.

Apparently, UT is the only program crippled by change. Everyone else seems to mange just fine.

Lol.
We are the new Vandy.
No one fears us.
They want to play us.
In the past, if I was an opposing coach, I would count on Tennessee's will being broken by the second half. I would guarantee my team a win if they would strain through sixty minutes -even if down by three scores at the half. That's where culture comes into play, IMHO. I'm betting our (Vols) culture is at a high percentage, if not 100%, now. We have a lot of players that aren't used to losing.Cornbread!

What does this even mean? Take notice? You think they are just fiddling their thumbs all day? What are they going to do in reaction? Free hot dog Octobers? More bag men? Another barber shop in the dorm?

If you want change, go be a part of the bagman network. Filling seats or not won't do anymore than it has the last 10 years.

bagmen will get you nothing but trouble and I cut my own hair...:D....WE ARE TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back