Missouri State Women Basketball - Coach Harper

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Coach Kelly Harper built the current Missouri State Women basketball program. It had success in the National Tournament last year. The team she built is 14-2 this year and is ranked. The two losses were to #7 Oregon State and #17 Gonzaga. The team has beaten some outstanding opponents already this year. It beat our SEC Missouri and #23 Minnesota of the Big 10 as well as Oklahoma. The point is Coach Harper will get the Lady Vols back where they belong.

I agree that Harper can get the Lady Vols back to where they belong. But, according to a Mo. State insider, Coach Mox has really brought that something extra to what Kellie already had in place and deserves the lion's share of the praise for how she's handled her squad. She has taken the tough, coachable players that Kellie recruited and, in her first season, taken them up a notch.

That's exactly what Kellie Harper and her staff are doing in Knoxville. Perhaps Harper and Coach Mox could share COY honors! They both really are doing an outstanding job.

Kellie Harper and her coaches will get the Lady Vols back to where they are use to being. Teams better get their shots in now. Because after a couple years of recruiting, Kellie will show you why she is the Lady Vols coach. And didn't Rhyne Howard of Kentucky wanted to come to Tennessee but Holly stopped recruiting her.

But, according to a Mo. State insider, Coach Mox has really brought that something extra to what Kellie already had in place and deserves the lion's share of the praise for how she's handled her squad. She has taken the tough, coachable players that Kellie recruited and, in her first season, taken them up a notch.

Maybe, but during the Drake game, the announcers were saying that the MoSt coach says she didn't do much -- the players were all on board and tight with one another from day one, making her job easy -- that sounds like Kellie left the program in great shape

at any rate, having seen MoSt play multiple times and being a big fan of that team, I doubt they could beat the LVs, especially in Knoxville, and seeing them at the top of the RPI makes me believe that the RPI is no longer a useful tool for evaluating the relative quality of teams ---- BTW there are at least 50 teams ranked above the LVs in the RPI that the LVs would have no trouble beating IMO

Maybe, but during the Drake game, the announcers were saying that the MoSt coach says she didn't do much -- the players were all on board and tight with one another from day one, making her job easy -- that sounds like Kellie left the program in great shape

at any rate, having seen MoSt play multiple times and being a big fan of that team, I doubt they could beat the LVs, especially in Knoxville, and seeing them at the top of the RPI makes me believe that the RPI is no longer a useful tool for evaluating the relative quality of teams ---- BTW there are at least 50 teams ranked above the LVs in the RPI that the LVs would have no trouble beating IMO

Thanks for the recent info straight from Coach Mox. For the record, I didn’t intend for my original post to come off as sounding like Kellie didn’t deserve any credit for this year’s performance. I just wanted to give credit that’s due to the new coach who is also dong an outstanding job.

Reactions: krichunaka
Good discussion. Agree that both coaches deserve a lot of credit along with the players.

Kellie recruited quality people and laid the foundation.

Mox inherited a great situation but lesser personalities could have squandered the opportunity. She's kept it going and added her own positive spin, and the fans are very happy.

The players have demonstrated the kind of commitment, focus, and maturity to show that last year wasn't a fluke.

A big win all around for everyone. Really glad to see that the Mo St program is doing great and is in good hands!

What I see is that Missouri State got really good the middle of last season and with almost all of the players back this coach has been able to carry that over and keep winning. The ultimate credit for recruiting these players goes to Harper and her staff. If you want to give both credit for how the team has performed that would be correct also. Harper got them to a sweet 16 and between then and now they've had a summer to get better. You have to ask will this coach be able to get them to a sweet 16 that will be the defining moment if she has done the same as Harper has already done.

What I see is that Missouri State got really good the middle of last season and with almost all of the players back this coach has been able to carry that over and keep winning. The ultimate credit for recruiting these players goes to Harper and her staff. If you want to give both credit for how the team has performed that would be correct also. Harper got them to a sweet 16 and between then and now they've had a summer to get better. You have to ask will this coach be able to get them to a sweet 16 that will be the defining moment if she has done the same as Harper has already done.

yes, but with Harper's players
Same as with CHW,,,until it is fully your program, the credit foes to the predecessor...Except for and unless,, the incumbent does better the the OG,,,,or, OC as it were

yes, but with Harper's players
Same as with CHW,,,until it is fully your program, the credit foes to the predecessor...Except for and unless,, the incumbent does better the the OG,,,,or, OC as it were
Huge improvements of course mean the present coach has taken most of the same players and made them a better team. Gonna be hard for this coach to do that she has to win the conference and then get to the sweet sixteen that is a lot to accomplish. Even if the overall record turns out to be a little better the ultimate is winning titles. Coach Summit had a team that lost 10 in the regular season but when it was all said and done they were National Champions and that is the only thing that mattered.

The MVC is going to be a dogfight this year.

Mo St ought to get an at-large bid if they maintain their strong showing even if they don't win the conference. Pretty sure that Drake got in last year,

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back