Missouri State fans on the hire

I don't see the CDD comparisons at all. Other than the fact that the average UT fan has never heard of him.

its not about that. I wanted a home run hire after the Pearl fiasco. Someone who is proven. You think there will be 20k at TBA everynight? Hell no. He might turn out to be a good coach but i have my reservations
Posted via VolNation Mobile

True its not all about that. Its about a coach who can improve a team or program throughout the years. Missouri State got better each of the 3 years he was there. And lets not forget that they gave us a pretty good run when we played them earlier this year in TBA

I live in the Missouri State area, and when he was hired at MSU I was very skeptical. In three years he improved the program year to year to year, and by all appearances does things the right way. This year's team showed a level of toughness that I haven't seen at MSU in a long while - which I believe had to start with CM. MSU won their FIRST Missouri Valley Conference title in 23 years. THEIR FIRST.

I've seen posts on here questioning his recruiting ability. From what I understand he was well known as a great recruiter during his time as an assistant at Purdue. He is also known to have very good hooks to the St. Louis area (he's from East St. L.).

When the shock wears off I think you all will see that while he may not be the big name you were hoping for, he may well turn out to be an excellent leader for your program, both on and off the court. I just don't think he can pull off the orange jacket as well as Bruce.

I live in the Missouri State area, and when he was hired at MSU I was very skeptical. In three years he improved the program year to year to year, and by all appearances does things the right way. This year's team showed a level of toughness that I haven't seen at MSU in a long while - which I believe had to start with CM. MSU won their FIRST Missouri Valley Conference title in 23 years. THEIR FIRST.

I've seen posts on here questioning his recruiting ability. From what I understand he was well known as a great recruiter during his time as an assistant at Purdue. He is also known to have very good hooks to the St. Louis area (he's from East St. L.).

When the shock wears off I think you all will see that while he may not be the big name you were hoping for, he may well turn out to be an excellent leader for your program, both on and off the court. I just don't think he can pull off the orange jacket as well as Bruce.

Thanks for the insight!

VN Store

Back