Missouri game question

what's the best spot for tickets for Faurot Field.
I use Rakuten (used to be ebates) to link to a sales site but you can get decent prices on just about any of the exchange sites. They still have hill seating I believe that's cheap. I don't really like the view from the visitors section. You can usually get good seats reasonable between the 30's.

I didn’t know that and gps had us going down to St. Louis and then over. I go to the Ozarks once a year so I know there are alternate routes but I will put that one at the top since I’m sure you know more than anyone else I’ve spoken with. That’s why I love this site. Thanks for your help.
Some map apps will take you two lane roads from Hannibal. If you prefer doing that, hwy 24 is a good road but you will see farm traffic that time of year. If you go through Macon, MO it is all 4 lane except through the town of Macon.

I use Rakuten (used to be ebates) to link to a sales site but you can get decent prices on just about any of the exchange sites. They still have hill seating I believe that's cheap. I don't really like the view from the visitors section. You can usually get good seats reasonable between the 30's.

sorry. I should have clarified. I have driven by the stadium multiple times. just never been to a game there. is lower level seats better or upper.

I've been through Columbia several times. It's the centerpiece of a dying part of the country. No disrespect, just fact.

sorry. I should have clarified. I have driven by the stadium multiple times. just never been to a game there. is lower level seats better or upper.
It has been a few years. I don't think I've been since they completed the upper deck. I was on the west side around the 30 yd line about half way up. The seats were pretty good. The view was great.

Hardly. I've lived in this part of the country for the last 18 years and it is anything but "dying". Not sure where you are getting your info... but it is incorrect.

My wife has relatives who have owned a string of radio stations across Missouri since WWII. Each one was in a small town. The demographic trajectory led them to sell out a decade ago. Columbia's population may be stable, but it is surrounded by towns that are dwindling away. It's a phenomenon that has been remarked upon in numerous articles including those put out by the census. I've seen it firsthand.

P.S.: here's an article on the subject put out by the University of Missouri. College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources // Population Shifts

Last edited:
I've sat everywhere except the new east upper, but the place is so small there are no horrible seats. Even the first row is elevated over the field so you can see ok, but I prefer row 20 and up. I DON'T like sitting on the rocks in the north end. Nope.

My wife has relatives who have owned a string of radio stations across Missouri since WWII. Each one was in a small town. The demographic trajectory led them to sell out a decade ago. Columbia's population may be stable, but it is surrounded by towns that are dwindling away. It's a phenomenon that has been remarked upon in numerous articles including those put out by the census. I've seen it firsthand.

P.S.: here's an article on the subject put out by the University of Missouri. College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources // Population Shifts
It has changed. But your characterization that it is dying is incorrect. Radio isn't what radio was anywhere... not just here. There has been consolidation in that and numerous other industries. The growth of several towns as people move from very small to small/mid size towns is significant.

Farming and ag are more efficient than before. That means less people and some towns will "die" simply because fewer people are needed to do the business. OTOH, other industries have moved in besides ag and food. For instance a steel mill will open this fall in mid-Mo with regional impact. The county I moved from about this time last year in mid-Mo has 14,000 industrial jobs and a population of 45,000.

PS- are you from Arkansas and making this kind of assessment of mid-MO?

It has changed. But your characterization that it is dying is incorrect. Radio isn't what radio was anywhere... not just here. There has been consolidation in that and numerous other industries. The growth of several towns as people move from very small to small/mid size towns is significant.

Farming and ag are more efficient than before. That means less people and some towns will "die" simply because fewer people are needed to do the business. OTOH, other industries have moved in besides ag and food. For instance a steel mill will open this fall in mid-Mo with regional impact. The county I moved from about this time last year in mid-Mo has 14,000 industrial jobs and a population of 45,000.

PS- are you from Arkansas and making this kind of assessment of mid-MO?

Take a look at the map from the article. I didn't make it up. Other than Columbia and Jeff City, the interior of Missouri is awash in red. That 'assessment' you doubt was prepared at the University of Missouri. And yes, I live in Arkansas, on the Oklahoma line, but I was born and bred in East Tennessee and am a double grad of UT.

Take a look at the map from the article. I didn't make it up. Other than Columbia and Jeff City, the interior of Missouri is awash in red. That 'assessment' you doubt was prepared at the University of Missouri. And yes, I live in Arkansas, on the Oklahoma line, but I was born and bred in East Tennessee and am a double grad of UT.
Yeah. Compare the economy of any part of Missouri to Arkansas.

And maybe apply some of that educations. Like I said, rural MO like many areas has not grown in population because of improvements in Ag technology. In the last 100 years, corn yields have increased X7. That's just one way farming has become much more efficient. Then you factor that Ag technology is spreading. Areas of Africa that used to be dependent on imported grain often from North America are now being managed and farmed. Urbanization occurred in the East decades ago as farming disappeared. That map happens to affirm another point I made. Micropolitan areas are gaining much of that migration rather than metropolitan areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCMOTIGERS
Gentlemen, please! Can't we just violently agree on georgia being a bunch of mutton heads? Seriously.

We should all not discuss this while tailgating somewhere before the Missouri game.
If you like farm country... you'll love the parts of MO you're going to see.

Columbia is a nice town.

Someone mentioned their gameday experience. Frankly, it is weak by SEC standards.

If you like farm country... you'll love the parts of MO you're going to see.

Columbia is a nice town.

Someone mentioned their gameday experience. Frankly, it is weak by SEC standards.
I’ve been to many-a-game day at Neyland Stadium and understand nothing can touch those experiences. I’ve been to Iowa, Illinois, Notre Dame and even bowl games and there is nothing like it I’ve seen. Still can’t wait to see the Vols no matter where they are and represent.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjt18
Yeah. Compare the economy of any part of Missouri to Arkansas.

And maybe apply some of that educations. Like I said, rural MO like many areas has not grown in population because of improvements in Ag technology. In the last 100 years, corn yields have increased X7. That's just one way farming has become much more efficient. Then you factor that Ag technology is spreading. Areas of Africa that used to be dependent on imported grain often from North America are now being managed and farmed. Urbanization occurred in the East decades ago as farming disappeared. That map happens to affirm another point I made. Micropolitan areas are gaining much of that migration rather than metropolitan areas.

You've missed my point entirely which was that the area around Columbia is becoming depopulated. I described a phenomena; you described an excuse. How's that for applying "some of my educations" (sic)?

You've missed my point entirely which was that the area around Columbia is becoming depopulated. I described a phenomena; you described an excuse. How's that for applying "some of my educations" (sic)?
WHO CARES!!! why does thread after thread after thread have to be hijacked by petty crap that...WAIT FOR IT...doesn’t matter!! It’s like I’m babysitting my brothers kids and you have to prove your point no matter how irrelevant it is. I’m sorry but this stuff just gets old. Freak needs to make an “I’m the most right” thread where people can go to argue this garbage that nobody cares about aside from the small minority of guy(s) who insist on winning a meaningless internet argument.

Rant over. :). My apologies. I had a bad night.

Hope to see you all at the Missouri Game though!

Reactions: Jeepkuntry
Wrote a reply then deleted it out of respect for illvol.

PS- you're still wrong.

Man I wish I had thought of that.
Only works if ticket sales are bad. If Mizzou and UT are both having good seasons... you'd probably end up sitting on the hill where there are a lot of kids more interested in horseplay than the game.

Only works if ticket sales are bad. If Mizzou and UT are both having good seasons... you'd probably end up sitting on the hill where there are a lot of kids more interested in horseplay than the game.
I feel like I got pretty good seats at a really good price anyway. We will see. The spot that the ticket site showed is different then the spot the ticket office personnel told me. I’m banking on what the ticket office personnel said. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: sjt18
I feel like I got pretty good seats at a really good price anyway. We will see. The spot that the ticket site showed is different then the spot the ticket office personnel told me. I’m banking on what the ticket office personnel said. Fingers crossed.

Like most everywhere else, west side better than east side. SW corner is a good view, but try to be halfway up to see the opposite corner. No really bad seats, just occasional bad neighbors (2013, section M, row 64).

GBO.

VN Store

Back