@ Missouri 12/30/2020 (Final: TN 73, MO 53)

Thunder Good-Oil

UT Rolls Past #12 Missouri, 73-53, to Open SEC Play - University of Tennessee Athletics

I’m worried about this one. Away game. Cuonzo’s revenge. Our young team’s first SEC game and their first game not at the friendly TBA. Plus TN is likely top 10 or better and even with limited capacity the crowd will be on fire. Return match will be on 1/23/2021.

A convincing win by TN would send my expectations off the charts. And put me on the lookout for the obligatory kick to the **** that pops up anytime we have great success. BVS.

Last edited:
It’s sounding like they have a very good team though. It might be the most difficult game of the year other than the Big 12 Challenge.
They will come back down to earth a bit. Happens every year where a team starts off well, then reality hits and by mid-season you see their true colors. Missouri has some experience, and from what I've seen no incapacitating injuries, and a solid team. However, they don't have nearly the talent Cuonzo had his last year at Tennessee.

You sound scared... This UT team shouldn't be scared of anyone.
I can't wait for this game. F* Cuonzo

I am worried about losing this one and knocking the train off the tracks. Of course contact tracing at some point is more likely to derail the dream season than Cuonzo ball.

I guess I should look at it a game at a time... but TN Tech and Upstate? I guess St Joe’s has been real good at times (but they did lose to Drexel).

They will come back down to earth a bit. Happens every year where a team starts off well, then reality hits and by mid-season you see their true colors. Missouri has some experience, and from what I've seen no incapacitating injuries, and a solid team. However, they don't have nearly the talent Cuonzo had his last year at Tennessee.

I heard Gary Parrish talk about this. Cuonzo has had some bad luck with the injuries to Michael Porter, Johntay Porter, and Tilmon the last couple of years. They don't have highly recruited guys, but they are healthy and all experienced.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So what assistant coach has Cuonzo hired to get them going. Seems like he, whoever he is, would be a homerun hire. We all know that Cuonzo can't be the one making this happen.

Reactions: germanicus
We still don't have front line guys that can dominate,and 5 guards interchangeable.I like this team but need shooting to improve.Defense can'r bail you out every night!

The way we play defense, I am not scared of any of the teams on the schedule outside of Kentucky (if they get their act together) left on the schedule. I think it would be a really off night for this team to lose. The shooting will come around, but even on an off night shooting, we can best any team.

I’m worried about this one. Away game. Cuonzo’s revenge. Our young team’s first SEC game and their first game not at the friendly TBA. Plus TN is likely top 10 or better and even with limited capacity the crowd will be on fire. Return match will be on 1/23/2021.

A convincing win by TN would send my expectations off the charts. And put me on the lookout for the obligatory kick to the **** that pops up anytime we have great success. BVS.
Very seldom in b-ball do you win them all.Just enjoy the ride .

The way we play defense, I am not scared of any of the teams on the schedule outside of Kentucky (if they get their act together) left on the schedule. I think it would be a really off night for this team to lose. The shooting will come around, but even on an off night shooting, we can best any team.
Defense always travels and keeps you in any game in any sport

We still don't have front line guys that can dominate,and 5 guards interchangeable.I like this team but need shooting to improve.Defense can'r bail you out every night!
Works for VA, no reason it won't work here. We've got plenty of offense.

Still think we don’t have “the frontline guys that can dominate”? I’d say we’re just fine.

Normally Cuonzo-lead teams are the opposite

Home court won't be nearly the advantage

VN Store

Back