Milton

There was a qb competition. In fact, Milton won it so decisively that every reporter wrote that it wasn’t close. He also won the job at Michigan. He’s made some bad plays in games. He’s not performing well. I’m still rooting for him. He practiced all week, put on an orange jersey, and didn’t jump in the portal like your feather tossing immobile hero did. You overdramatic halfwits need to turn off the baby alarm. It isn’t a stain on anything except the seat under you.
I would think there was a QB competition and ultimately CJH made the right move. I seriously doubt any reporter saw every practice from start to finish so I would not put much stock in their input.

I would think there was a QB competition and ultimately CJH made the right move. I seriously doubt any reporter saw every practice from start to finish so I would not put much stock in their input.
Don’t tell anyone, but the reporters talk to coaches.

There was a qb competition. In fact, Milton won it so decisively that every reporter wrote that it wasn’t close. He also won the job at Michigan. He’s made some bad plays in games. He’s not performing well. I’m still rooting for him. He practiced all week, put on an orange jersey, and didn’t jump in the portal like your feather tossing immobile hero did. You overdramatic halfwits need to turn off the baby alarm. It isn’t a stain on anything except the seat under you.

same milton that played at mich showed up at tenn..think we all saw the tape...except maybe hoop..i like the new coach but thats just a head scatcher to me.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Swain Event loves Joe Milton... Look foward to monday show to hear Swain excuses for Milton. He needs to transfer to Vandy !!! If Hooker leaves for NFL, Vols are screw with Milton !!!!

Honestly I want both Hooker and Milton back. Milton has all the ability and if he has a year or two to learn he is still salvageable. I am not writing him off yet.

What ability has he shown ? Boneheaded plays and overthrowing WRs are the only things he's shown.

He also lost that same job, that's why he's here.

He’s obviously not a P5 qb. He’s got the talent but man when he’s in the game he sure makes some bone headed plays. Plays that someone with his experience shouldn’t make

Swain Event loves Joe Milton... Look foward to monday show to hear Swain excuses for Milton. He needs to transfer to Vandy !!! If Hooker leaves for NFL, Vols are screw with Milton !!!!
Nobody accounting for Tayven Jackson next year. It’s setting up perfectly for him to come in, learn the system his first year while Hooker finishes out, and take over after that.

We have had presumably very smart football people tell us for what feels like forever now that JG and Milton are the undisputed best QB’s in practice, only to have them flop on game day. I admittedly have no idea how a QB competition works in practice, but it is clearly a very flawed method.

We have had presumably very smart football people tell us for what feels like forever now that JG and Milton are the undisputed best QB’s in practice, only to have them flop on game day. I admittedly have no idea how a QB competition works in practice, but it is clearly a very flawed method.
Definitely a flawed process, and probably still the only way to do it. Heupel and Harbaugh have a pretty good track record of picking and developing qbs this way.

Dillon Gabriel, Heupel's UCF qb who is injured, is in the portal. Not sure how much eligibility he has left and if he would want to play behind Hooker, but he would be a tremendous addition. Milton's fumble today was pretty careless - he sure has not inspired confidence even as a backup. It does seem ridiculous now that he was viewed ahead or equal to Hooker but with such limited depth at qb, it is certainly great to have Milton on the squad.

Reactions: Otis07
Running out of bounds on a potentially game changing play vs. fumbling the ball up 3 scores, I wonder which one is worse

Why do our fans seem to want somebody on the team to fail? Wtf? It was a bad hand off. It happens. I hope we're deep at QB next season. I hope Hooker comes back and balls out.. ..but I hope we're deep regardless.
It was NOT a bad hand off. He had the ball in his left hand, carrying like a loaf of bread

So sick of the fans that think if he looks the part...Then he’s gonna be SuperMan you people are ridiculous.! How much more of this pain do you want to endure? It is what it is...You can’t lead this horse to water. The Vandy QB losses his helmet leaves the game for one play. A cold not even warmed up QB comes in on a Third down play and completed a critical pass for first down. Our 2nd string Superman miracle comes in looks sloppy and acts like he has completely forgotten everything he’s learned playing the game of football ! Good thing you people don’t own a franchise football team. LmaO

Reactions: BigOrangeCrush32
So sick of the fans that think if he looks the part...Then he’s gonna be SuperMan you people are ridiculous.! How much more of this pain do you want to endure? It is what it is...You can’t lead this horse to water. The Vandy QB losses his helmet leaves the game for one play. A cold not even warmed up QB comes in on a Third down play and completed a critical pass for first down. Our 2nd string Superman miracle comes in looks sloppy and acts like he has completely forgotten everything he’s learned playing the game of football ! Good thing you people don’t own a franchise football team. LmaO
So you're saying milton isn't good?🤣

Honestly I want both Hooker and Milton back. Milton has all the ability and if he has a year or two to learn he is still salvageable. I am not writing him off yet.
No - just no - he is our backup QB but much like JG - he’s not going to wake up one day and not run out of bounds with the clock expiring. It is in his DNA.

VN Store

Back