Milton & the last play

One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.
I told you so! My son is a grad student at Mich. I watched him last yr. He's worse than JG, and told you guys that when we signed him.

Reactions: Volle
I would ask him what he was
Thinking 🤔. If the response is not good I would not him see the field again. Your team just played with their hearts and he just trots out of bounds with what looked like no issue with it t.

Poor boy has to be dumber than a box of rocks. Don’t care what his gpa says. Just because your good at taking tests doesn’t mean your smart. Trying hiring a competent business analyst if you don’t believe me

Reactions: Ttucke11
It’s not even that’s he’s soft. I mean he might be. But the most striking characteristic he showed on that play was sheer stupidity. Bailed out of the pocket far too soon, went left instead of right so now he’s running against his throwing motions, etc. The game was over the instant he crossed the line of scrimmage. That ball HAS to be thrown.

To his credit, on the previous play was inches from being a hero…

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I just went back and saw that play. To me he just relinquished his back up qb position. That’s like needing a hit to win a baseball game and you don’t even swing at the last pitch.
What Milton did was much worse than that. The only play is to throw into the end zone. You have a chance for a jump ball or a defensive penalty. At least a baseball player who gets caught looking might have been badly fooled by the pitch.

But the issue wouldn’t be an intentional infraction to stop the clock. Decline the penalty and it’s a touchdown. Accept the penalty to take a TD off of the scoreboard and it seems like there should be an untimed down after stepping off the penalty yardage.
Game can’t end on a defensive penalty . Offense and it’s over

He did about hit Tillman in the end zone with a good pass, but you ultimately can’t play on this level (even as a back up) when you just give up on the last play.

I’m sure he’s a fine guy, but after that he shouldn’t see the field again. He’s not a gamer and will constantly disappoint.
Lets see if Heupel is as dumb as Beldar and starts Milton anyway

Joe Milton realized that the only way Kiffin and Ole Miss were going to get out of Neyland alive was if the fans had something else to focus on.

He is a hero in my book.

He could have literally did anything but what he did and I would have been ok with it. If he had thrown it to Nashville, I would have been better with that than running upfield for 6 yards and running out of bounds.

VN Store

Back