Milton opt out?

He might get drafted. I'm not ruling out that possibility but lower round draftpicks don't typically opt out. They try to improve their stock
Playing against a great defense with not so good wr's and missing your two top backs isn't smart. And he can improve his stock in the senior bowl

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
We can do two things at once...appreciate what Joe did for us and wish him well as he chases his dream of playing in the NFL (which is not only good for him, but great for our program if he gets signed somewhere), and be excited about the potential that Nico has and how he can elevate our program.

Pretty sorry if you ask me that a Starting QB opts out and quits on your team for the bowl game 5 days before the game. Yeah he or others are really VFLs!
Come on dude, you really think he just decided last night.

We have seen rumors for over a week that Nico was starting and taking first team reps.

I think this is just another CJH orchestrated we don’t know about coming back from injury until game day kind of move.

It’s actually better that Iowa has prepared for weeks for Joe for it to actually be Nico.

Probably keeping it quiet so Iowa wouldn't be expecting it. I'm sure the Team already knew. Let's GO NICO!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: memtownvol
We can do two things at once...appreciate what Joe did for us and wish him well as he chases his dream of playing in the NFL (which is not only good for him, but great for our program if he gets signed somewhere), and be excited about the potential that Nico has and how he can elevate our program.
it's easy, as long as your heads not up your ass

Reactions: livefaith
I’m glad nico is getting all the reps leading up to the bowl game and a start and complete game will undoubtedly help him going into next season, but this could be a rough outing for him. We are missing some of our experienced skill players and going against an excellent defense. Expectations need to be muted. I expect a lot of running the ball and some 3 and outs and a defensive slug fest.

I think Joe is better than Anthony Richards but the Colts were impressed by him to draft him in the first round. Joe, first rounder, doubt it. But 3rd-4th rounder, absolutely.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
One would think Joe could use one more good game on his resume. Not sure how much true Draft prep he will miss out on playing one more game. Bowls except for the playoffs are becoming a joke with these Opt Outs.

Grow up . . . The kid transferred into a complete grease fire, stuck around and played hard. Maybe the results weren't always what we wanted, but that's life.
Idk. I think results are relative. A few years ago most fans would’ve crawled over broken glass to be able to even be competitive vs Bama. Milton takes the blame for everything even if the wrs played like absolute garbage this year; I’m not saying Joe doesn’t have some responsibility but there was more wrong with the offense this year than just Joe.

Good for everyone involved. Why delay the inevitable?

Nothing more for Joe to prove and he will certainly wow at the combine and pro day and he’ll make a roster for a season or two. We’ll see if pro coaches can make it click for him.

The Vols can move forward and look towards next year, which is what bowl games (non playoff) have become anyway.

Reactions: KHVol
It’s funny all the Joe Defenders. I’m tremendously happy he’s gone; but the guy dipped out early while the team stuck with him the whole dang way. Get over yourselves, Joe was a terrible QB. Great person, terrible player. Peace ✌️ out to all the players who quit.

VN Store

Back