Mike Hamilton is a genius - The Debate (merged)

This time infinity! TENNaciousUTfan you are entitled to your opinion...but there should be a limit to how many times & how many places you can state it.

It really doesn't matter what I think or you think... Coach Dooley is the head coach of the TN Vols..& that ain't gonna change for at least 3 years....so .deal with it or move along & support another team.
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be damned if I let you or any other yahoos here dictate what I can and cannot say. You ain't running a damn thing around here. I don't need your permission to speak or think. You got an opinion, and I got one...and they don't have to jive. But because they don't ain't none of you S.O.B's going to tell me what to do or say.
Get that through your skull, cowboy!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least VN changed this thread title to debate, so we don't have to keep reading the bogus statement it once was.

Small victories... one at a time!

Have a good evening gentlemen.:hi:

TENNaciousUTFail in 3, 2, 1...
Yor posts FAIL as you've been asked to show some proof for your assertions that we got turned down by everyone before Dooley.

Failing to respond after being checked on it time and again is...a FAIL DOZER

Attachments

• Grater FAIL.jpg
    Grater FAIL.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
How do you know what the "deal" was....you don't know the true facts...so stop acting like you do & express your opinion....not your opinion as being "fact".

This story has been known for some time:

The Herald-Sun - Trusted & Essential
Cutcliffe picks "loyalty" over the Vols

DURHAM — “Loyalty is a two-way street.”

In the wake of David Cutcliffe’s decision Friday to remain Duke’s head football coach, Cutcliffe talked a lot about loyalty.

In this case, Cutcliffe was referring to his staff. After having asked his assistants to leave prominent positions to join him at downtrodden Duke two years ago, he couldn’t conceive of leaving for Tennessee and not taking them with him.

That’s just one of countless ways that Cutcliffe’s legendary loyalty helped Duke retain its football coach.

When Mississippi fired Cutcliffe following the 2004 season, his 4-7 record on the heels of four consecutive winning seasons had less to do with his dismissal than his unwillingness to be pressured into making staff changes.

Friday, Cutcliffe’s decision to stay at Duke had something to do with Tennessee wanting to retain some of former coach Lane Kiffin’s assistants. Though Cutcliffe said he honestly believed he’d still be at Duke regardless of staffing concerns, it’s no coincidence that his prepared statement earlier in the day announcing his intentions made mention of the “best coaching staff in the country.”

I'll be damned if I let you or any other yahoos here dictate what I can and cannot say. You ain't running a damn thing around here. I don't need your permission to speak or think. You got an opinion, and I got one...and they don't have to jive. But because they don't ain't none of you S.O.B's going to tell me what to do or say.
Get that through your skull, cowboy!

OK cowboy....got it loud & clear! As I said before, it doesn't matter what I think or you think cowboy...CDD is our coach....are you going to support him & the TENNESSEE VOLS or not? That is your choice partner. I choose to continue to be a TENNESSEE VOL fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK cowboy....got it loud & clear! As I said before, it doesn't matter what I think or you think cowboy...CDD is our coach....are you going to support him & the TENNESSEE VOLS or not? That is your choice partner. I choose to continue to be a TENNESSEE VOL fan.

It's a given everyone will support Dooley.

Doesn't mean we can't question whether or not he was the best fit for the vols, or whether the AD did a good job handling the coaching search. That's what this board is about. Discussing the athletic program at UT.

Doesn't mean we can't question whether or not he was the best fit for the vols, or whether the AD did a good job handling the coaching search. That's what this board is about. Discussing the athletic program at UT.

How would firing Hamilton now be beneficial to the football program moving ahead?

It's really funny, I remember Tuesday night thinking how many of the same folks rioting and on this board were the very same ones like yourself that are too blind with homerism that you wouldn't dare let someone call Kiffin a punk last week without being jumped all over, and told they weren't a real fan...go figure.

So, a fan sees a glaring problem with the decision makers who have been making one gaffe after another over the past 3-5 years...and we can't be fans, huh?

In all honesty....I don't believe that based on what some people are saying.

I HOPE Dooley works out. I really do. But that doesn't preclude me from calling a spade a spade. When I went to bed Thursday evening/eraly Fri. morning, I remember that it looked like Cut may be getting it...and I was just hoping that when I woke up, this nightmare would be over and I'd turn on ESPN and see Lovie Smith's face in the presser...or Wittingham, or Peterson, or Edsall, Patterson...somebody we could ALL be excited about.

When you hire underqualified coaches, you're going to get this kind of division...just like you had leading up to Fulmer's firing. Lots of heated, nasty debates about loyalty to the program vs. rectifying a glaring problem

How so?

I'm not accusing you of being a Fulmer felcher, but it sounds like you're accusing Haslam of forcing Hammy's hand on the issue in regards to CPF's pink slip.

If that's not the case, how exactly is Hamilton an empty suit in the AD's office?

I despise Fulmer. Fulmer wanted a new contract and Haslem guaranteed the buyout in it so Hamilton would give it to him in. Haslem bought into Fulmer's BS he needed a new contract and a show of support from UT in order to recruit and turn the program. It didn't happen and he got fired. Haslem wasn't leading the charge to fire his buddy Fulmer.

Hamilton isn't a completely empty suit but all big decisions go through Haslem before the string is pulled.

At some point, beyond calling a spade a spade e.g. the obvious contractual shortcomings cited, doesn't a lack of confidence and continual harping work against the program?

I despise Fulmer. Fulmer wanted a new contract and Haslem guaranteed the buyout in it so Hamilton would give it to him in. Haslem bought into Fulmer's BS he needed a new contract and a show of support from UT in order to recruit and turn the program. It didn't happen and he got fired. Haslem wasn't leading the charge to fire his buddy Fulmer.

Hamilton isn't a completely empty suit but all big decisions go through Haslem before the string is pulled.

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the budget does Haslam contribute?

All the armchair AD's in here should submit their application to UT pronto. It's a shame you guys are letting your talents waste away here on a message board.

All the armchair AD's in here should submit their application to UT pronto. It's a shame you guys are letting your talents waste away here on a message board.

Eric, it's not about wanting the job. My guess is there are several posters here who wouldn't care to take the pay cut or the job change. It's about a realistic assessment of how well it's being done.

Why would that possibly be off limits for discussion on the board?

Eric, it's not about wanting the job. My guess is there are several posters here who wouldn't care to take the pay cut or the job change. It's about a realistic assessment of how well it's being done.

Why would that possibly be off limits for discussion on the board?

Like I said, people should submit there resumes, so that way we can get some competent people in the AD.

I don't think UT should worry about a shortage of resumes should they decide to replace him.

After getting done what he got done, Mike did a VERY good job, IMO. It's not his fault that Kiffin left tire marks on his back on his way out of town. There was no way that Hammy could have predicted the perfect storm would happen all at once. Some people on here can't get that through their heads though and continue to bash an AD that did the best he could with what little time he had. Hiring a coach in January, is like trying to find a replacement bride if your fiance left you 2 weeks before the big day.

After getting done what he got done, Mike did a VERY good job, IMO. It's not his fault that Kiffin left tire marks on his back on his way out of town. There was no way that Hammy could have predicted the perfect storm would happen all at once. Some people on here can't get that through their heads though and continue to bash an AD that did the best he could with what little time he had. Hiring a coach in January, is like trying to find a replacement bride if your fiance left you 2 weeks before the big day.

I don't think the concern is restricted to the current hiring decision, but I do think the board would consider all concerns and the relevant contexts quite deliberately.

Probably a bit early to suggest this....possibly looking at "Bruce Pearl 2"

I don't get this.

Need I remind everyone that before Bruce Pearl got here we were not a top #10 team. Ridiculous how some of you bash BP on these boards. I agree he's made some mistakes but what coach hasn't? The fact of the matter is that before BP got here our men's basketball program wasn't even a blip on the radar and now we're pulling in top recruits.

I don't think the concern is restricted to the current hiring decision, but I do think the board would consider all concerns and the relevant contexts quite deliberately.

Any way it goes, Dooley's success is directly tied to Hammy. If Dooley stinks it up, Hammy is gone with him. If he does well, most of the fanbase forgets about the last 4 days and moves on with life. Let's just drop the AD conversation and get behind both he and Hammy and see where they take us. If we don't like where we end up, we can always go another direction. It's a business, results are expected, and coaching changes happen relatively to that success. People just need things to ***** about in order to be happy or think it makes their arguments important or relevant.

VN Store

Back