Mike Gundy facing backlash

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange

I didnt even know what OAN was and had to google it. Apparently it's a right wing conservative news site. Think Fox News but worse. Anyway, he's done gone and pissed his players off.

Thoughts?

This may belong in the PF wasnt sure. Move if necessary

I didnt even know what OAN was and had to google it. Apparently it's a right wing conservative news site. Think Fox News but worse. Anyway, he's done gone and pissed his players off.

Thoughts?

This may belong in the PF wasnt sure. Move if necessary

I’m not familiar with OAN. I’m assuming it’s under fire because it’s Pro Trump or conservative. If that’s his take tell him to hit the bricks. You can’t start allowing athletes to dictate the athletic department because they don’t agree with a person’s political allegiances. This stuff is getting out of hand .

I’m not familiar with OAN. I’m assuming it’s under fire because it’s Pro Trump or conservative. If that’s his take tell him to hit the bricks. You can’t start allowing athletes to dictate the athletic department because they don’t agree with a person’s political allegiances. This stuff is getting out of hand .
It’s a fringe network that promotes far-right conspiracy theories. That being said, Hubbard throwing a fit over a t-shirt, is laughable.

I found this on my home board :

I've never heard of OAN, but that sounds like a pretty huge jump to me.

The guy has spent his whole life playing with, coaching with, and coaching black athletes and black coaches. If he was bigoted, you'd think someone would've brought it up in the last 4 decades. But you discerned it from a T-shirt?

Hard to disagree with it.

Gotta say I'm glad his supposed interest in coming here didn't work out.

So like CNN but on the right

I always have a nice laugh every time a Trump supporter gets mad about CNN when MSNBC is significantly more left leaning but just isn't attacked on Twitter by him enough I guess. Seems like they'd turn on CSPAN at some point if he tweeted about it.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
If one thinks that this is just about the shirt, then one knows very little about Mike Gundy.

I admittedly know very little of Gundy, other than "I'm 40" , the mullet, and him pretending to be interested in the UT job every time it's open so he can get a raise.

I'm genuinely curious. What's up with Gundy?

Reactions: Pacer92
Gotta say I'm glad his supposed interest in coming here didn't work out.

I always have a nice laugh every time a Trump supporter gets mad about CNN when MSNBC is significantly more left leaning but just isn't attacked on Twitter by him enough I guess. Seems like they'd turn on CSPAN at some point if he tweeted about it.
MSDNC jumped the shark long ago
CautiousIllustriousCobra-size_restricted.gif

This is getting ridiculous. Here I find myself in a dilemma trying to pick words that make my point without making someone go ballistic.
Could it be Gundy might support smaller govt., lower taxes etc? Why does the word conservative trigger a racial knee jerk to some people? Most likely Gundy wasn't even thinking about race when he donned this shirt, so who is being insensitive here. The player perhaps? - by extrapolating this equation out to a point where there isn't any data to back it up? And maybe Gundy is the worst racist imaginable. I can't say. He would have to make that point in some other way than wearing a tee shirt for it to stick. I see snowflakes in June - I must be in the Southern Hemisphere.

I admittedly know very little of Gundy, other than "I'm 40" , the mullet, and him pretending to be interested in the UT job every time it's open so he can get a raise.

I'm genuinely curious. What's up with Gundy?

He doesn't sport the mullet ironically. He's a good ol' boy, and he's proud of it. He's a huge Trump guy. Mind you, none of that should be problematic on its face, in my opinion.

But, he's spouted off conspiracy theory nonsense. He stated that he gets all of his news from OAN. My understanding is that several black players brought this up with some black staff members because OAN has been very anti-BLM. That doesn't mean that Gundy is some huge racist, but it does call into question his feelings regarding the current climate and his personal support for his players, many of whom joined in the protests. To then show up on the net wearing that shirt can easily be taken as a pot shot against the players who complained.

VN Store

Back