Midterm Predictions - 2022

Who Controls the House/Senate after the midterms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

“When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Quoting the Bible to someone like him is casting pearls before swine.

Reactions: GVF
No.
But the flu and Rsv are back with a vengeance.
We've probably had to hospitalize 10 babies with RSV. One spent 11 days on the vent but miraculously pulled through.

Flu is rampant here but those kids have done fine. I do think tamiflu helps if given early. The new Xofluza is nice but expensive and nobody is covering it.

Reactions: McDad
We've probably had to hospitalize 10 babies with RSV. One spent 11 days on the vent but miraculously pulled through.

Flu is rampant here but those kids have done fine. I do think tamiflu helps if given early. The new Xofluza is nice but expensive and nobody is covering it.

How does the effectiveness of the shot look?

Is RSV particularly tough this year or something? Do kids normally have that kind of battle with it?

Democrats are the only party where dead people vote AND dead people are elected.

Makes sense. Dead people need representation, too.
Apparently the Senator elect mentally impaired individual due to a recent stroke has more mental capacity than the average voter in that district. Wanna bet if they updated the ballot to scream in all caps HEY THIS PERSON IS DEAD BIT WE HAVE TO PUT THEM ON THE BALLOT it would have made any difference?

Apparently the Senator elect mentally impaired individual due to a recent stroke has more mental capacity than the average voter in that district. Wanna bet if they updated the ballot to scream in all caps HEY THIS PERSON IS DEAD BIT WE HAVE TO PUT THEM ON THE BALLOT it would have made any difference?
Mentally impaired people in politics is nothing new.

Those on the left who talk about Walker being slow are the same ones who defend Biden & Fetterman.

Those on the left who talk about Walker being slow are the same ones who defend Biden & Fetterman.
So let’s be clear though. Walker IS slow. If he somehow pulls out the runoff you’ll have Billy Bob Fetterman running around declaring everything ain’t got no gas in it and stating he supports fracking over and over with Herschel badging people wanting to know where the gas is. We need better candidates than both of these two.

Reactions: GordonC and McDad
Is RSV particularly tough this year or something? Do kids normally have that kind of battle with it?
It can be very severe in neonates/infants, esp premies and children with heart or lung issues. The only child I've ever lost to an infectious agent died from RSV at around 2 months.

It does seem like more kids are sicker this year with RSV, esp the 2-4ish year olds. I have my theory.

Reactions: McDad
What percent getting hospitalized?
Was taking with my partner. We estimated that our practice had 5-6 total kids hospitalized with CV19 in 2.5 years+. All but one spent 24 hours, just for observation. 1 had MIS and received IVIG, home the next day. No vent use.

I use this as comparison with the c. 10 with RSV in the past month. Like it said, one was on the vent for an extended time.

Reactions: allvol123
Was taking with my partner. We estimated that our practice had 5-6 total kids hospitalized with CV19 in 2.5 years+. All but one spent 24 hours, just for observation. 1 had MIS and received IVIG, home the next day. No vent use.

I use this as comparison with the c. 10 with RSV in the past month. Like it said, one was on the vent for an extended time.

It is amazing the forces used to manipulate the situation over the last few years. I’ve really enjoyed your posts during the “pandemic”. They kept me from losing all confidence in the medical community. I know there are more of you but the pressure to get in line caused many to stay quiet.

Reactions: kiddiedoc and McDad
It is amazing the forces used to manipulate the situation over the last few years. I’ve really enjoyed your posts during the “pandemic”. They kept me from losing all confidence in the medical community. I know there are more of you but the pressure to get in line caused many to stay quiet.
Thank you, friend. Yes, there are droves of sound-minded HCPs that stayed on top of actual data and the real "situation," rather than buying into mass media-driven hysteria and "changing science." Most chose to stay silent while making their own decisions about their own families and patients. The pressure from hospital systems and ownership corporations was real and huge. Owning my own practice, I didn't really have to worry about that mess. The worst the hospitals could do would be to suspend my privileges, but I actually benefit them and don't need them at all to do what I do.

In the end, if I had to choose between protecting my patients and making my own decisions about my healthcare vs. subjecting them to experiential treatments that were not warranted and had early warning signs and putting myself at risk from an unproven treatment for a virus I had already fought off, I'd choose the former all day and any day.

Democrats are the only party where dead people vote AND dead people are elected.

Makes sense. Dead people need representation, too.

I think the "+" in lgbtqia+ is supposed to include dead people. (But only for Democrats...if you don't vote for them you aren't really dead, or something)

Reactions: allvol123

VN Store

Back