Middle Tennessee Vol.. cost of going to Florida game ..FYI

SPRINGHILLVOL

ONE TICKET SECTION S: $140 (50 yd. seats $225)
GAS 380 MILES: $ 60
Motel room: $ 80
Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
Why does Tennessee rip off the loyal every day fans ?
Before long the average fan will be watching the game
from the house!

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!
Away games have never been cheap, and it's not just the UT that rips you. Hotels/motels raise prices during and just before game days. They know how loyal, especially SEC fans are, so cash in on that. Restaurateurs, and various other service vendors as well. Depending on how far I had to drive, we packed hot boxes and a small ice chest with foods suitable to eat at a rest stop on the way and back. To save gas, we went to bed rather early, arose very early, so we could drive at the OLD oil embargo days speed of 55mph. I'm lying, I get the same mileage at 60-65mph cars these days. But you get the idea. But these days, due to a refusal to pay to be squeezed from my seat by bipedal whales, or have drinks spilled on me, and sometimes I think it's on purpose, I stay home and enjoy better food, a better seat (recliner), and either a 65" TV screen or 7' X 7' portable screen if outside weather permits it. Folks are already staying home for a variety of reasons, and that number will climb.

Last edited:
You can find a hotel room for $80 on a football Saturday which doesn't involve the Bates Motel then you are doing well.

Recently, I did a weekend in Knox and even Hampton Inn, etc were about $150 per night after all the taxes (I think 119 before). Mind you, this is your average June weekend with nothing much going on. Shudder to think of what the cost would be on a football weekend.

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!
How is Tennessee ripping anyone off? They aren't responsible for the costs of your gas, room, or food. The tickets are "market" priced. There are pay per view fights that have been priced similar. If you don't want to pay it then you have that choice. I'm about 1000 miles away or else I'd take your tickets.

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!

Eat less and sleep in your car, or just drive home. That said, I'm with the poster above, I'm not sure how Tennessee is ripping you or anyone off here.

Yeah, I’ll be interested to see what an $80 game day hotel room looks like. Bring along your bed bug repellant.

Also, it’s crazy how half the people on here complain about prices, and half will scream that we need to pay the coaches more, or upgrade neyland’s south facade, etc etc.

The money has to come from somewhere.

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!

You got yourself a bargain, partner. Congrats. I wasn't as lucky.

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!

Yeah I'm not sure I could get 3 meals for $50 either

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!
How is it UTs fault you live 400 miles from the stadium? I really don't understand this post.

Eat less and sleep in your car, or just drive home. That said, I'm with the poster above, I'm not sure how Tennessee is ripping you or anyone off here.

This. I live east of Atlanta and as ticket prices increased I stayed at hotels less and less. Even drive home after the Oregon game a few years ago getting home at 5 am. So I got soaked, we got killed and I got no sleep. Still being at the game was worth every penny.

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!
50$ for three meals??? Krystal prices are crazy!

I took my son to the Florida game at Neyland in 2016. (He was six at the time and this fall will be our sixth annual trip.)

Gas from PA and back: $100
Hotel room for two nights: $750
Two game tickets near the 50-yard line: $900
Parking and concessions: $80

Watching the videos on my phone to this day of my then six-year-old celebrating ending the streak with 38 unanswered points and singing Rocky Top with 100,000+ others at Neyland Stadium…can’t put a price on that. 😉

Hotels are always more expensive during football season, esp for SEC games. Plus, many require a two night minimum and guess what, they sell out!

Tickets for sporting events have always been expensive, esp for Florida, so that isn’t anything new. Vandy charged over $85 per ticket Vs TN (face value) back in 2016 or 2018.

The total cost will be PRICELESS if the Vols win!

Reactions: 77' Vol
If you went to any other Saturday football game, you may save $50 to $75 to watch a good football team. I've never been, but I'd guess App St or ETSU is still in excess of $50 a ticket. Food / lodging / gas / etc won't vary much.
I'm guessing you've sent your disposable income to Spyre Sports already, and for that we thank you!

Food 3 meals $ 50
_____
Total $ 330
from the house!

U left out ammo if you’re in $80 room on a football weekend. Any decent room even on non football weekends is $150+.

VN Store

Back