Mickey Deastone

Can you prove that a man won't be selected next time? BC that would change the way I view the program and the hopes I have for a sustained return to glory. If the LVs are never going to be allowed to simply choose the best available coaching candidate we are past, not future.

I'm not sure and would have to dig thru all Fulmer's quotes at the time, but I believe in introducing KJH he did say it was always going to be within the PS coaching family. That may have been just PR spin, trying to pump up the selection. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least some initial inquiries to big names but either no one available wanted the job or the budget wouldn't allow.

Not a dig at all at KJH, I think she's done a great job with what she's had to work with. Has totally turned the culture around and this current team certainly solidifies that. But for the future health of the program, it has to find a balance between honoring the past and moving on into the future. And always looking for the very best coach we can find.

There's a new kid in town. His name is Danny White. Danny White is not Phil Fulmer. There's another new kid in town: Donde Plowman. She's the new Chancellor. There is no reason to believe any new coaching search would resemble the old coaching search given that the administration players have changed. Why do we have to warn them not to do what Fulmer did, when he apparently did good in this hire, and CKH may coach here another twenty years? Why are we advising them not to go about a coaching search the same as the last one when: 1) There is no need for a new coach to be seen on the horizon, 2) the current coach is doing just fine and dandy, and 3) the people who hired the current coach have left and those in charge now are not responsible for the hire? All of which makes the continued flogging of this dead horse even more bizzare.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Fulmer said athletic department administrators Angie Boyd-Keck, Donna Thomas and Tara Brooks told him the importance of hiring someone with a connection to the program.

Looks like their advice has paid off. 13-1 in her third season, and without her best scorer. Might have been the best decision Phil ever made.

May recruiting be kinder to Kellie in 2022 than it was in 2021...

Yes, instead of a top fiteen class, we'd all like a top five class. And, in addtion to landing the #11 ranked player, we'd all like to land a couple of players in the top ten.

She's 13-1 in her third season, done so far without her best scorer. You've said not one kind word about it. Instead, you have sniped about the offense, free throw shooting, Tess Darby, attendance, and now -not getting any traction with those cheap shots - you're back to your old saw of recruiting. If you are indeed a fan of the Lady Vols, you are the worst in school history.

I appreciate that Micky's subtlety may not be everyone's cup of tea, but THIS in the first half call of the Ole Miss game Jan. 9...

Ole Miss was at the foul line, and evidently there was some moisture on the floor that one of the referees took a towel to.

Mickey, referring to the referee by name, noted the obvious delay in the game by observing,
"________ ____ providing the housekeeping duties ... Good to know she has career options should one career not work out..."

LOL--I'll take that kind of dry, subtle, but revealing humor over shouts of "hobnail boots" and "GOOOOOOOAL!" any day!

VN Store

Back