Michigan coming after Brian Jean-Mary... [official — He’s gone]

Coaches that are apart of winning programs will eventually move on. Let’s wish him well and go and find another LB coach. Not sure why Michigan since the title run this year and they are bound to come back to earth.
Look at who they have hired on the defensive side though. Wink Martindale. I believe they also hired a secondary coach from the NFL. They have made some huge hires.

Good news is we have coaches that are wanted by NFL and college playoff contenders.
I think of how our defense got gashed against Missouri, South Carolina (previous season), Georgia, Florida and that last half at Tuscaloosa. I say that not knowing much about him - he might not have been the problem, so don't roast me. But I think there is a good chance the next LB coach could be an upgrade.

If Heuple names analysts to replace the coaches that are leaving instead of going outside the program to find qualified coaches we are in big trouble. You can’t keep keep dropping your standards because you are insecure of bringing any one new into the program you will end up in the same boat as Butch Jones did. Hire the best available like the top programs in the country does
It’s Heupel. The Head Coach of the University of Tennessee Volunteers is named Josh Heupel.

Evidently he was wanting to leave or was he ask to find another job because he was looking at nfl last year got one this
We offered him more money.

He got more years, got to work for a friend, with a better title at a place he’s familiar with and it is an elite program. Honestly I think opportunity for advancement is probably better at Michigan. Banks isn’t going anywhere soon here.

Honestly do wish Heupel doesn't try to 'promote from within' here.

Also, he needs to ease off and let Banks vet out / pick the LB coach.

RB coach is intriguing because you want a guy that is known for not only producing good runners, but also good pass blockers...not many names out there fit that bill. Be kind of cool if we could pull a guy from another P5 school.

If anyone has any inclinations about the effect Heupel has had on this program just look at the coaching moves.

Mack to the NFL
Golesh took a head coaching job
BJM took a job with the reigning national champions with NFL defensive coaches
Kodi Burns to the NFL

That’s impressive.
I think we miss Burns more than people realize.

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
Pili got hurt early. Other than Beasley, everyone else was pretty much inexperienced. Not sure how fair it is to grade on last year.
Losing Pili definitely hurt, but LB has not been a position of strength since this staff has been here. Credit BJM for making do with what he had and for bringing in some really promising talent in the 2022 class. But, I think we stand a chance of upgrading.

Reactions: Volfan1000
He has no coaching experience does he? Can't hire a guy just because he played here. Unless his name is Al Wilson
He was on staff a few years ago as an analyst I believe.Spent many years in the NFL as a scout.He lives in Knoxville and is a guest on sports radio sometimes.Pretty sharp guy to listen to.

We should go grab Charlie strong. Maybe we wouldn’t lose to uf ever again.

Tony Gibson would be a great catch too. We’d own N.C. He’s dc though also and making 1.5 mil. Still think we should grab Larry porter at rb coach given the inroads we’re trying to root there.

My moneys on Tony Gilbert or John jancek.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back