Micah Simon, BYU WR who beat us

You’re missing the OP’s point.

It’s NOT a talent issue that’s causing us to lose games against Georgia St & BYU, it’s coaching.

Cam Sutton was a three star. It’s all in how you develop the players. Butch ruined a few five stars and the trend is still continuing.

Reactions: BanditVol
UH......NO....it doesn't!!!

It wasn't coaching that led Alontae Taylor to walk up to within 3 yards of the WR on 3rd and 7 with 24 seconds to go in the game and KNOWING that BYU needed at least 50 to get into scoring position!!

That is ALL ON TAYLOR!!!

Even Middle school CBs know that stuff....

Taylor played like a fool who had NEVER played CB before on that play!! It was all on him.

smh......

Exactly. If that’s your kid you know coaches didn’t teach him that. You know he made a mistake and give him some tough love, then you hug him and pick him back up. Anybody who thinks differently has never played at a high level or known anybody who has. Blaming blown coverage on coaching? Can you imagine any successful defensive coach diagramming that coverage (which they no doubt practiced one or two thousand times) and telling AT to run 20 yards in the wrong direction? Yeah these coaches, man. They don’t know anything about winning. Their mentors are the ones who know. Saban did it. He made them what they are. Saban drew up all the plays for every coach that’s ever coached with him and taught every player anything that ever had to do with coaching and that’s why these coaches were successful. They were just on the sidelines ordering pizza while their teams were winning championships and producing NFL talent. Yeah. That sounds about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeVol44
2 star whose only other offers were Air Force, Gambling and Bucknell. Blew by our 2 high 4 stars
like they were nailed to the ground. The story of UT football this decade.

Yeah, but he didn't play like a 2 star. Ratings are often superceded. As a matter of fact, one reason warrior missed him is that he put a pretty nifty move on him. Warrior is being pummeled for that play, and while he should be, the other guy had something to do with warrior missing. If you don't believe me go back and look at the tape.

Reactions: Pineyvol
We have a All SEC freshman corner Bryce Thompson but he can’t play bc he threatened to slap someone and broke a gate.

Imagine a 20 year old telling someone he might slap them but having the restraint not to...I guess he should never play football again.

Will someone please hire this kid a lawyer. For the love of God, those charges are ridiculous. How many Vols have to lose their careers over BS allegations which WILL BE DISMISSED. Insane

2 star whose only other offers were Air Force, Gambling and Bucknell. Blew by our 2 high 4 stars

Geez I never knew posting something that is true would cause so much controversy. The main fact is as I posted this is a great example of UT football since 2009. And kudos to Mr Simon, anyone who gets an offer from Air Force must be a wonderful young man.

see what losing can do for a forum...it's pretty sad, huh?...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARRIOR Missing the tackle is the Cardinal Sin. A Senior "Leader" doesn't do that. No. DC saved some games for UT. NW ain't that.

The worst part of that play is that is the only receiver the QB ever looked for throughout the game.

If they blew the coverage the same way on another receiver on the other side of the field, the QB probably would never have seen it.

For everyone laying 100% of the blame on AT and NW, what do you believe the responsibilities of coaches are? Is their job just to call plays on Saturdays? Is it to convey information and then wash their hands of how the players respond? As a teacher, If my students all fail a test, the first thing in my head is that I failed to teach them, not that they all suck.

Is it possible that blame falls both on players underperforming and on coaches not doing their jobs? Half of us blame JG, AT, NW, the OL, the DL, anyone recruited by Butch, and act like the coaches get a pass, and the other half of us do the opposite and act like we have Bama’s talent being wasted by incompetent coaches. Losing to Ga St and BYU leads me to believe that we both have players underperforming and coaches who have really been incompetent in getting the most out of the players, which is a large part of their job responsibilities.

Reactions: Thorp32
His point is you guys can’t use talent as the excuse.

We are getting throttled by players who couldn’t even get offers to UT.

That means it’s coaching.
We didn’t get throttled.... we dominated the game..... JG just couldn’t hit the right play and AT lost focus at the wrong time...sh&t happens..... we do have a lot of promise that is starting to show up on the field...... I just wish we had at least somewhat competent upper class men.

Sorry didn’t lose the game. I get your point. We lost the game because we scored 3 pts in the 2nd half!

He didn’t blow by anyone...AT blew his coverage, Warrior missed a tackle to end the game and AT walked his azz down like he stole something. That blown coverage wasn’t what lost the game, it just came at the absolute worst time. We left 3 touchdowns on the field because of bad reads and late throws. The OLhelped is run for over 250 yards. We are going through growing pains caused by glaring roster insufficiencies caused by the sh*tty star chasing Jones did. And then jones’ philosophy of “lighter more athletic Ols” blew up in his face. Give Pruitt the time he needs. The roster flip is happening. I said this earlier...we are playing 9 freshmen. Our Freshmen and Sophomores look more like SEC players than our Juniors and Seniors...not counting Bituli and Taylor. Give it time.

I'm with this.

Lol. High school cornerback at your service.

He should have been 30 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Poor ol Jeremy musta forgot to tell him.

Well then you played for a stupid coach and a loser program.
And you still don't know jack s*&$ about the position in that situation.

24 seconds...50 yards to go...no time-outs...

Your opponent only needs 3 points....so you can't go crazy deep in your pre-snap drops...
It would be different if they needed to score a TD...but they didn't.

Simply stated....Safeties 20 yds off the ball looking to keep everything in front of them and allowing NO ONE BEHIND THEM!
Corners 10 yds deep and ball-hawking the boundaries as they keep everything in front of them and want to tackle the guy in-bounds--all while allowing NO ONE BEHIND THEM!

LBs playing 10-15 yds off the ball and tackling everything in front of them.
I also didn't like just rushing 3 guys.... put 4 on the rush....

It was 3rd and 6+ for a 1st down.....

You give up the 1st down and limit the yardage....
The technique is there to make them attempt to go 50 yards in 5 plays ....

So you give up 10 yards completions in bounds with 24 seconds on the clock all day long!!!
IF you line up 30-40 yards off at Corner--then you give up TOO LARGE of a chunk of yardage....like say 20 yards...

Nevertheless.....TAYLOR had his eyes in the backfield when they snapped the ball--STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.
CJP can't walk out there and play for them!!

For everyone laying 100% of the blame on AT and NW, what do you believe the responsibilities of coaches are? Is their job just to call plays on Saturdays? Is it to convey information and then wash their hands of how the players respond? As a teacher, If my students all fail a test, the first thing in my head is that I failed to teach them, not that they all suck.

Is it possible that blame falls both on players underperforming and on coaches not doing their jobs? Half of us blame JG, AT, NW, the OL, the DL, anyone recruited by Butch, and act like the coaches get a pass, and the other half of us do the opposite and act like we have Bama’s talent being wasted by incompetent coaches. Losing to Ga St and BYU leads me to believe that we both have players underperforming and coaches who have really been incompetent in getting the most out of the players, which is a large part of their job responsibilities.

So in summary: It’s not just the players or coaches. It’s a combination of both. But it’s coaching.

I don’t disagree with you and I can’t agree with you either. But I respectfully disagree with you

We have a All SEC freshman corner Bryce Thompson but he can’t play bc he threatened to slap someone and broke a gate.

Imagine a 20 year old telling someone he might slap them but having the restraint not to...I guess he should never play football again.

Will someone please hire this kid a lawyer. For the love of God, those charges are ridiculous. How many Vols have to lose their careers over BS allegations which WILL BE DISMISSED. Insane

Well, that's what we have in this feminized world of pansies who are looking for excuses to complain and get their feelings hurt after provoking a man to anger.
SMH....

Well then you played for a stupid coach and a loser program.
And you still don't know jack s*&$ about the position in that situation.

24 seconds...50 yards to go...no time-outs...

Your opponent only needs 3 points....so you can't go crazy deep in your pre-snap drops...
It would be different if they needed to score a TD...but they didn't.

Simply stated....Safeties 20 yds off the ball looking to keep everything in front of them and allowing NO ONE BEHIND THEM!
Corners 10 yds deep and ball-hawking the boundaries as they keep everything in front of them and want to tackle the guy in-bounds--all while allowing NO ONE BEHIND THEM!

LBs playing 10-15 yds off the ball and tackling everything in front of them.
I also didn't like just rushing 3 guys.... put 4 on the rush....

It was 3rd and 6+ for a 1st down.....

You give up the 1st down and limit the yardage....
The technique is there to make them attempt to go 50 yards in 5 plays ....

So you give up 10 yards completions in bounds with 24 seconds on the clock all day long!!!
IF you line up 30-40 yards off at Corner--then you give up TOO LARGE of a chunk of yardage....like say 20 yards...

Nevertheless.....TAYLOR had his eyes in the backfield when they snapped the ball--STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.
CJP can't walk out there and play for them!!

Apparently he can’t coach them either.

Sorry didn’t lose the game. I get your point. We lost the game because we scored 3 pts in the 2nd half!
However, he did make the mistake and we did lose the game we were wining before that play. There are a lot of ifs and butts in all football games, therefore one play can not be blamed for the loss. All plays lead to the outcome of all games. Is that what you are saying?

VN Store

Back